Chapter 24

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

I watched Eliza walk away from me after I heard her explain about the story. I have to admit I was a bit angry but I didn’t mean to yell at her and her doing the same back to me. I sighed and felt my phone vibrate. I took it out and saw Tao calling me. I answered it and heard him call me over the phone.

“What’s up Tao?” I said standing in the same spot.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked. “Did something happen?”

I sighed and didn’t answer him. “What happened to Kai anyways with his girlfriend?

Tao stayed quiet before he spoke. “Well our manager went to go see him and he also met the girl. He wanted to break them up. He offered the girl lots of money but she didn’t take it. From what I heard Kai and his girlfriend are still together.”

“Really?” I said.

“Yeah, she is also Korean too! Oh and Kai will be getting some punishment for not following-“

“Kris?” said a voice. I looked up and saw Carolyn making her way towards me. “Ready for class? Wait, where is Eliza?”

“Library.” I told her. “I’ll be in class soon. Let me finish this call.”

  Carolyn walked away and went inside the building that wasn’t far from me.

“Tao, I’m going to tell Eliza the rest. I’ll call you later.” With that I hung up before he could say anything. Kai and his girlfriend are still together. But he will get a punishment for when he goes back. I was thinking of texting Eliza hoping she would talk to me but I hardly doubt she would. I put my phone in my pocket and went to class.

I sat in my seat and looked that paper in front of me. Carolyn and Christi were helping each other out. Carolyn asked me to join her but I didn’t answer her. She got the point to leave me alone for a while. Eliza is in my head. I couldn’t stop thinking about her. I couldn’t stop thinking about how we both reacted to the story. She did say it had nothing to do with me.

Your secret is safe

I sighed and closed my eyes. I felt my heart beating fast as it did at the beach. I bit my bottom lip to hold my smile and remembering all the good memories. I opened my eyes and saw my paper gone. I looked over to Carolyn and Christi. They had been feeling in the answer for me. As soon as I was going to reach for it. Carolyn moved it away.

“Come on, give it.” I said looking at her.

“Not a chance.” She said writing in an answer.

 “Come on, the teacher will know that’s not my handwriting.” I said looking at Christi.

“So? We know that you and Eliza had some misunderstanding earlier and you’re on a guilt trip right now.” Said Christi pressing her lips together.

“What? How did you-“

“We saw you both after some random guy was talking to her. You didn’t look pleased and neither did she.” Said Carolyn not looking at me.

“What happened anyways?” asked Christi.

I didn’t say anything. I sighed and opened my mouth when Carolyn finally handed back my paper. “Stop sighing and tell us.”

I looked at my paper and it was done. I looked at her and nodded. “I got a bit upset knowing that she is writing a story powers and planets.”

“That’s it?” said Carolyn raising her eye brows.

I nodded my head.

“Wow.” Said Christi shaking her head.

“What? I just don’t want her to expose me.” I said telling them both in a low whisper.

Carolyn glared at me and got up from her feet and took my paper with her’s and Christi’s. She handed them to the teacher and came back to her desk. 

“What?” I said looking confused.

“Is that how you see her?” asked Christi. “Is that how you see Eliza? Being someone to expose you?”

“No, that’s not what I meant. I-“

“It’s exactly what you meant!” said Carolyn getting her things ready. “Let me tell you this though. If Eliza was that type of person; she would have done that herself already.”

Carolyn walked out of the class and I looked Christi. She just sat there looking at me and gave me a small smile. “If Eliza, didn’t tell you about the story there must have been a reason to do so.”

I got up from my seat and so did Christi. I nodded my head at her and went out of the class. I knew now what I had to do to. I knew that I had to apologize to Eliza and tell her something that Tao has been bringing up that I simply just avoid. I couldn’t avoid this anymore. I didn’t want to lose her over something from my doing.

I took out my phone to call her but she wouldn’t pick up. I closed my eyes for a moment and leaned against the wall before going out of the building. I banged my head against the wall a few times until I stopped and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes and made my way to the library to find her. Now is the time to tell her and hope everything goes well.

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

As I finally reached the last sentence of my work I clicked submit and finally let my fingers rest. I had been typing for a long while and I didn’t even stop to take a break. That pain in my stomach would come and go. I needed to go to the restroom since I did drink all of my water. I asked the girl that was two seats away from me if she could watch my things for a bit.

She nodded her head in agreeing and I got up taking my purse with me along with my phone and went into the restroom. I found an open stall and went inside locking the door. I ed my pants and sat down. I looked down for a moment and noticed a brown reddish looking mark on my underwear. I peed for a few seconds and checked myself.

‘Just great, mother nature has come again.’ I thought to myself. I got out of the stall as I flushed it and washed my hands. I went back to my spot and told the girl thanks. I looked inside my bag looking for some painkillers. I found the bottle and I realized I needed something to take them with. I asked the girl again to watch my stuff for a few seconds as I went to get another bottle of water. When I went back to my seat I thanked the girl again and took the pills.

I logged out of my email and before I could search something I saw something move the seat next to me and sit down. I looked to the side and saw Kris. He didn’t look at me but he did reach for my hand to grab it with his. I waited a bit until he looked at me and gave me a small smile.

“There is something I need to tell you.” He said calmly. I didn’t say anything. I just nodded my head. I saw Kris look away for a moment and then look at me. “Remember the day I told you that no one must know I’m here or that I can’t tell anyone.”

I nodded my head being a bit confused. Kris held on to my hand a bit tighter as before today and just sighed.

“That was only one of the rules I told you.”

Before I could speak Kris moved his hand from holding my finger and put his index finger on my lips. I looked into Kris’s eyes and I could see that he wasn’t ready to tell me what was next. But I could see that what he wanted to tell me he couldn’t hide it anymor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter