Chapter 48

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

Ever since the New Year started I haven’t had a chance to call Eliza. I felt terrible. We had kept in touch for a good while but once we went to China and started doing shows and fan signings things got busy and complicated. Every time I wanted to text her I couldn’t. It was either because I had a manager watching me or I ended up falling asleep.

Everyone in EXO-M was having lack of sleep so when we were free most of us would just sleep and rest up. When it was time to get up or eat I would take my phone and then I realized it was too late to send Eliza anything. I had a feeling she didn’t want to text me either. Knowing how it can get me in trouble. I didn’t blame her. She is always thinking of my safety. Yet I wasn’t thinking about hers’.

I really wanted to know what she was doing and how she is. Those questions were always in my mind. I grabbed my necklace as I looked out the window from the van. Chen was sitting in the back talking about something with Baekhyun on the phone. Xiu Min and Lu Han were watching a soccer game on the phone. Tao was asleep listening to his music and Lay was doing the same.

We had another fan signing to go too and I wasn’t really in the mood for it. I wanted to sleep. We only got about maybe four hours of sleep. We had a show last night and it ran late since the staff for the show was late. I was getting annoyed with that. It wasn’t the first time. When I wasn’t on my punishment anymore we came to China and our first show the staff wasn’t ready.

I sighed as I put my necklace away behind my shirt. It felt cold yet warm against my skin. I checked my phone and it was late in the US. There was no point in me texting Eliza. If she was asleep I didn’t want to wake her up. I checked the day and I realized she will be starting the spring semester tomorrow. I sighed and shut my eyes. I really wished I was there with her.

I wanted to know what she would be wearing on her first day. If she is showing skin in a certain area I would make sure she wouldn’t show it again. Even though I’m not around her at the moment I still get protective. I opened my eyes as soon as the van stopped. I looked to the side and saw fans waiting outside with posters and smiling. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the others.

I snapped my fingers at Xiu Min and Lu Han. They looked at me and looked to the side. Xiu Min put his phone away and gently woke up Tao while Lu Han woke up Lay. Chen had already gotten off the phone and was looking at himself with his camera. I got down from the Van first and started walking. I heard the slide door open and I knew the others were coming out.

I saw lots of girls smiling at me and waving their fan made posters. They were screaming so loud I knew later I would get a migraine. I stood in front of one of the building we will be for about four hours and the others came along. We did our greeting and bowed. We went inside the building and found our seats. I sat in the middle somewhat. They put us by age. Xiu Min and Lu Han were first then it was me, Lay, Chen and Tao at the end.

Once the fan signing started I put a smile on my face and said hello to every person that came by. I had to admit there were some girls that were really pretty but they also seemed young. Some would tell me how handsome I was in person and I could tell they were on the verge of passing out. I smiled and nodded my head. It was time for a break and I was looking at the crowd. I gave them a peace sign and smiled. Some of the girls went crazy and screamed louder. I couldn’t help but smile more.

I couldn’t help with the affect I had on the fans here. But at the end of every girl I saw I wanted to see my Angel the most. She holds onto my heart. I’m thankful for the fans we have. If it weren’t for them EXO-M wouldn’t be as popular. When the signing was over we went back to the hotel to rest but when we got back had gotten a surprised that EXO-K members were around too.

I saw Kai coming towards me and he gave me a hug. I did the same and let go.

“Hyung, we are sharing a room together.” He said smiling.

“Really?” I asked.

Kai nodded his head. “Yeah who else is with you?”

“Just Tao. Why?” I asked him.

Kai shook his head. “Just wondering.”

That night the twelve of us went out to eat. Lu Han and I had to help translate what to eat for the others since their Chinese isn’t fluent. Lay and Tao were still having problems learning Korean but they had improved along the way. When we all decided what to eat we ordered the food and ate. Everyone was talking and yelling at times. I was just quiet listening to the conversations which later I ended up blocking out.

Tao would ask me from time to time if I was alright and I would only nod. When dinner was over everyone wanted to go out for a walk but I really just wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep. We had another busy day and EXO-K members were part of it as well. We were going on a TV show called Happy Camp and we were the guests.

As I was walking back to the hotel I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and saw Tao and Kai smiling at me. Su Ho didn’t like the idea that I wanted to leave and rest but he shook it off and the others left. “What are you guys doing?”

“Giving you some company.” Said Tao smiling.  He grabbed my arm and pulled me forward to keep walking. Kai did the same and I only smiled. I didn’t really want company but it was nice to have them around. But I had a feeling they had something in mind.

We entered our room and I threw myself on the bed. I shut my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. “Alright, spill it. Why are you both really here?”

“How did you know-“

I sat up and looked at Tao cutting him off. “I’m not stupid Tao.”

“I didn’t say you were Ge!” he replied back.

“Kai, what is it? Why are you both here?” I asked again.

Kai sat on the bed across from me and sighed. “Tao messaged me a few days ago. He mentioned you have been a bit down or something.”

I looked at him and back at Tao. Tao had nodded his head and sat down on the bed as well. I sighed and looked down. “I haven’t spoken to Eliza since the New Year started.”

“When was the last time you spoke to her?” asked Tao coming closer.

I looked up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter