Chapter 54

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

Asking Eliza to go to Seoul with me didn’t go as I expected. Maybe she is unsure of leaving or maybe she is just worried. I needed to find out. I got up and before I left the room someone grabbed my arm and stopped me. I turned and saw Carolyn looking at me.

“I have to tell you something about Eliza.” She had with a serious look on her face. “It’s important that you know this.”

I looked at her and then looked at Christi. She nodded her head and smiled a bit. I looked at Carolyn and nodded my head once. We went back to the table and sat down. Lay, Chen and Tao were talking amongst themselves which didn’t bother me but I knew later they would ask questions.

“What do you want to tell me?” I asked them.

The girls exchanged looks and looked back at me. Carolyn smiled a bit. “Eliza, as you know didn’t take your question very well.”

I nodded my head. “Yeah.”

“She is unsure of lots of things lately.” Christi said worried. “We didn’t get to see her as much after her grandma passed away.”

I widen my eyes at them. “W-what? Her grandma passed away?”

They nodded their heads.

“She didn’t tell you?” Carolyn replied.

I shook my head. “We haven’t had a chance to catch up really.” I said looking at her. “But no, I’ve been calling her for about two months since the day she wanted to break up but I wouldn’t let her. That day was just confusing for me. I kept calling to talk things out but she never picked up.”

Carolyn looked at me confused. “Wait you guys didn’t break up?”

I shook my head again. “Well… we did break up but two weeks later I couldn’t stand not knowing we weren’t together. So I asked her to keep it hidden for a while. But it was harder than expected.”

“That would explain the beach.” Christi said softly.

“What do you mean?” I asked looking at her.

“Well after her grandma passed away it took its toll on her.” Carolyn sighed as she continued. “Eliza stopped talking to us for a while and I called her one day and she was at the beach.”

“What was she doing?” I asked Carolyn.

“We aren’t sure but her eyes were red from crying.” Christi responding. “We didn’t ask her anything when we saw her at her apartment.”

“We just thought it was her way of dealing with her grandma not being around anymore.” Carolyn looking at her hands.

“Jie lost her grandma?” said Lay unexpectedly.

We all looked at him and the girls nodded their heads.

“That’s a first time you call Eliza ‘Jie’ Ge.” Said Tao smiling at him.

Lay pressed his lips together and smiled a bit and blushed. “Sorry.”

“Lay was raised by his grandparents.” I said looking back at the girls. They nodded their heads and realized his sudden outburst.

“When we were leaving the apartment I noticed she was wearing your sweater.” Christi said looking at me. “The one you gave her.”

“I tried taking it off her but she wouldn’t let me!” Carolyn said making an annoyed face.

I chuckled at her comment. Eliza being feisty and acting like a child is cute. I never saw those sides of her but I would like too.

“Anyways,” Christi said getting my attention. “Don’t be too sad if Eliza tells you no about going to Seoul. She just needs a small push and convincing to go.”

“Me!” said Tao getting up from his chair. “I’ll convince Jie!”

I smiled and shook my head. “Sit down Tao.”

“I think it would be a great summer experience for her to get out for a while. Not to mention its Seoul! She should go and have fun!” Christi said smiling.

“Yeah! Jie will have fun in Seoul with me – I mean us!” Tao was smiling as well.

“Do you really want her to go to Seoul with you?” Carolyn asked looking at me seriously.

I nodded my head at her. “I do.”

She sighed and smiled. “Then convince her that everything will be fine and its worth going over there. If not she will just tell you no again and again.”

I looked at Christi and she nodded her head. I could feel the support from them both. I nodded my head and smiled. I knew this wasn’t going to be easy. Trying to convince Eliza to go back with me would be a bit hard but I also needed answers for my questions. I could get those tonight.

I looked around the table and noticed Chen wasn’t around. “Where is Chen?”

Lay and Tao looked at his seat and noticed it was empty. They looked at each other and back at me. I sighed and stood up. I looked at the girls and they smiled.

“That’s what happens when we stay talking to long.” Carolyn said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. “Just help me look for him.”

“Maybe we can find Jie too!” Tao said behind me.

I stopped at looked at him. “What?”

“Well… she has been gone a while.” Lay said rubbing his neck and looking at the floor than at me. “Maybe Chen went to find Jie?”

I looked at the girls and they smiled and shrugged their shoulders. I turned around and left the building. Then I stopped. “I feel stupid.”

“It’s ok that happens to everyone.” Carolyn said patting my back.

I gave her glare and then looked at Lay. “Call Chen to see where he is at?”

Lay looked at me for a moment and then nodded his head. He put his phone to his ear and started talking in Korean to Chen. Lay was smiling and then turned red. He hung up the phone and smiled at me. “He went to the restroom. He will be out soon. I’ll go meet him.”

I sighed knowing he is safe. If anything happened to anyone here I would be dead meat in Seoul. I looked at Tao and he was looking at his phone with Christi. I nudged Carolyn and she looked at me. I lifted my head up a bit to show her what Tao and Christi were doing.

Carolyn sighed and shook her head. “I don’t approve.”

“Why? Because he is an idol?” I said to her smiling.

She glared a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter