Chapter 1

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       

*Eliza's P.O.V*

As always every morning I would wake up get ready and drive myself to college. Once I would arrive I got my ipod ready and tuned out the world around me. It was chilly this morning and lucky for me I forgot my sweater. I entered the nearest building and went in to avoid the breeze. I kept walking till I reached the end of the hall and went outside again. So long warm building. I quickened my pace to enter the next one to get warm.

I got out my ipod to change the next song and suddenly my phone vibrated in my pocket. It made me jump. I put my ipod in my other pocket and pulled out my phone. I looked at the text from my mother. I sighed. I knew today I had to go over to my grandma’s because she is going to make pasta. My mother knows I love pasta. My mother and I are no longer on speaking terms. My grandma tries to get us to talk but nothing happens. I stay quiet and ignore my mother.

I put my phone back in my back pocket and walked into the cafeteria. I went to get something light to eat and drink. I got a banana and chocolate milk. I paid the cashier woman and went upstairs where I usually hang until my classes started. I saw Christi already sitting there messing with her laptop. I assume she is on tumblr instead of studying. I smiled at her when she looked up and she smiled back. I lowered the volume on my ipod a bit.

“Hey girl!” she said.

“I see you on tumblr again?” I looked to the computer. She put her head down in shame.

“Leave me alone! I like looking at cute pictures and reblogging them.”

I shook my head and slowly ate my banana. I have known Christi since high school. We didn’t talk much but we had friends in common who talked to each other then soon we started talking. She is quiet at first but is a good funny person to hang with. She had straight long black hair, wore glasses and has light tan skin.

“Hey did you study for American Sign Language?” she asked looking at me.

I shook my head at her.

“Looks like we need to go to tutoring then.” She said with a sigh.

I nodded my head and went to throw away my banana peel. I also walked into the restroom to wash my hands and check my hair. I still had my earphones on. I then heard the song “Angel” by EXO-M starting soon. I remembered the day I got interested in Korean pop music. Christi had shown me a video by a group called SHINee and even though I didn’t know what they said. I loved the beat, the moves, the boys and how they can sing! When I found out the youngest age I totally freaked out. Lee Taemin is so adorable I wouldn’t mind having him for a brother.

I had looked into more groups after the SHINee music video and I just felt as if I fell in love with something out of this world. I couldn’t contain myself from it. Ever since then, I have been hooked into the Korean world. I love their music, the fashion, the country. Although I have never been; but I would someday. I continued to fix my hair and when I was done I walked out. I saw my other friend Carolyn sitting down talking to Christi.

I walked to the table and smiled at Carolyn. She smiled back although she looked exhausted.

“You look terrible.” I said

“Yeah, I was just telling Christi that I’m getting sick.” She said.

“Ew. Don’t get me sick please… wait I take that back.”

“Why?” she giggled.

“So I don’t have to come to school.” I laughed back with her. She just shook her head and started studying. I had known Carolyn since high school. I can’t remember how we started talking. One way or another we just became friends. She had dark wavy hair and is learning to wear contacts. It’s a new look for her but its different for Christi and I to see her without glasses. I looked at my watch and I still had about two hours to kill until class started.

I took out my ipod and put Super Junior on. Super Junior is my favorite group from kpop. I started singing along to the song “All My Heart (Live)” and just took out my spiral to look at my Spanish notes. I was reviewing since the teacher mentioned that every week is going to be a quiz. I sighed and just started to focus. Although listening to Super Junior and studying don’t really mix. I went to my videos in my ipod and started watching “Rokkugo”.  I started laughing and I could see Christi and Carolyn looking at me weird.

I looked up after the video was done and they both knew what I was doing. Carolyn shook her head and let out her hand. I knew what that meant. I gave her my ipod and I zipped up my backpack. I made a study deal with her. Whenever I was studying and if I get distracted I would have to give her my ipod and we go to the library to really focus. Good thing we both had Spanish together. If we didn’t I would be lost. She got her things and we both waved to Christi and made our way to the library.

When we got there we went upstairs and got a room for us both. We started to study and we would practice some sentences. We also practiced writing sentences and saying them over while we wrote them. I looked at my watch and it was amazing how time and flown by. It was half an hour left till class. I got up and went to the restroom before we left the library. I looked at myself in the mirror and now I looked exhausted from studying. I pinched my cheek’s lightly to wake up and left.

Carolyn was already waiting for me outside the library and we walked to our room. Good thing the walk wasn’t far. We entered our classroom and took our seats. I took up my spiral for today’s notes and put my phone on vibrate. The teacher usually tells us to put it on silent but my phone sadly doesn’t do that. I put my backpack down and waited for the teacher.

“Oh, before I forget.” Said Carolyn.

I looked at her and she handed my ipod back to me. “Haha, thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” She smiled and I smiled back.

We heard the door open and the teacher walked in. Everyone waited for her to say something. She put her things down on the table and counted on the students. She got a stack of paper and handed it to the person in the front.

“Please take one and pass it down. This is your quiz for the week. When you are down turn it in and get ready for lecture.” She said and the computer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter