Jay

Effect

Jay’s phone buzzed next to him on the couch at home, three short vibrations signaling that he received a message on Kakao Talk. He looked down at the device, wondering if he actually wanted to talk with anyone right now. He really wasn’t in the mood to do anything. He promised his other idol friends he would watch all the Gayo broadcasts to see the special performances they were so excited about but that didn’t mean he was particularly happy about it. Many of the performances were the exact same as they had been the whole year and these things were always just full of problems. The mic and soundtrack problems were particularly annoying but sometimes they revealed who was lip-synching and who wasn’t, which could be interesting. In addition, he had to watch 2PM perform which, while not terrible, just wasn’t an entirely pleasant experience. Put it all together, and Jay wasn’t super excited about sitting through the three and a half hour show.

Finally deciding it was worth the effort of raising his arm, Jay opened his cell to check the message. Jay smiled when he saw that it was Kyuhyun; the man’s snarky wit always made Jay laugh. His smile wilted a little when he saw the content of the message, however.

{Wish you could be here} Yeah, he wished he could actually perform with everyone else too but hey, the world’s an imperfect place.

While Kyuhyun’s message was sweet, a bit misguided but sweet, it only reminded Jay of why he couldn’t be there. It reminded him of everything he had lost. Most of the time, Jay was happy about his life and proud of everything he had achieved since his departure from 2PM but every once in a while, he pictured his boys and imagined what it would have been like it they had all stayed together. Watching Jun.K mature as a composer, and Chansung grow into his limbs, teaching Wooyoung and Junho more English so they could converse with Nickhkhun and Taecyeon. And Taecyeon… what would life have been like if they had stayed together? Not as a group, but the two of them as a couple.

If the “incident” had never occurred, Jay had no doubt in his mind that they would still be together today. They were best friends first, then lovers, and that’s the best kind of love; when you know you can always be yourself with the other. But now, Jay didn’t think the damage was reversible. Of course he had thought about it a couple times, even found himself at the 2PM dorm once or twice, but he never acted on it, never knocked on the door. It was too late, too much time had passed. That didn’t mean Jay didn’t miss Taecyeon though; if anything, it made their memories bittersweet, knowing that the infinite potential of their love had been stunted by a few MySpace messages.

Jay snuggled deeper into the couch and grabbed for his bag of popcorn and can of Monster before finally replying to the message that tossed his mind into turmoil. 

 

Authors Note

Sometimes, I wonder what 2PM would be like today if Jay's scandal had never happened. I support both parties as they are now but I'm still curious....

Thoughts? Comments? Don't be afraid to comment, I don't bite... unless you want me to ;P (that was terrible, I know)