JR

Effect

Jonghyun was finally going to approach Yunho today. The Nu’Est rapper had looked up to Yunho for years. Big Bang and TVXQ were his main inspirations, with Yunho, G-Dragon, and T.O.P. being especially important since they too were rappers. He wanted to speak to all seven members of his favorite groups but Yunho was his first target since the man seemed the most friendly. The Big Bang seniors were just a little too reserved and separated from the rest of the industry for Jonghyun to feel completely comfortable approaching them. One day, he would work himself up to it but not today. Today was for Yunho.

Jonghyun knew Yunho should be heading back to the stage for the dance battle since the man always arrived early, just in case. Jonghyun wouldn’t delay the man long, just a minute or two, so it was the perfect opportunity for him to actually talk to Yunho today. Jonghyun had been working himself up to it for weeks but today was the day.

Entering the hallway with confidence he didn’t feel, Jonghyun made his way to the stage, knowing he would run across Yunho on the way. Spotting Yunho in the distance, Jonghyun sped his steps slightly, excited but not wanting to come across too eager. He didn’t want Yunho to dismiss him as just another fanboy. Getting a better image of Yunho, Jonghyun began to slow down when he realized that Yunho was just stopped in the middle of the hall. He wasn’t moving, he wasn’t talking to anyone, he was just standing. Well, that was intimidating as . How could he just walk right up to Yunho if the man was simply standing there?

Jonghyun’s eyes were locked on Yunho’s face, searching for his usual warmth and cheer, so he clearly saw a blush tint Yunho’s cheeks. Jonghyun chickened out at the sight. He couldn’t walk up to a senior of nine years that he had no previous relation to when that senior was embarrassed. Jonghyun simply couldn’t do it. He looked up to Yunho too much to approach him while he was uncomfortable; it might embarrass Yunho further.

Jonghyun made a 180 and continued walking in the other direction. He was certain no one had seen his strange action and he quickly retreated to the lobby where most of the Pledis artists were hanging out. The further Jonghyun got from Yunho, though, the more ashamed he felt. The blush he thought he saw could have easily been a trick of lighting and now he had thrown away his only chance in the near future to talk to Yunho. Nu’Est and TVXQ didn’t exactly go on a lot of programs together and this was only the fourth time Jonghyun had seen Yunho in person since he debuted in 2012. Jonghyun had to blink away tears as he thought of his cowardice. How could he be so spineless?

Reaching the lobby, Jonghyun didn’t enter far. He just caught the eye of the person he needed and headed back to a dressing room that was currently abandoned. He knew it wouldn’t be long until his lover followed.