Yunho

Effect

Changmin had a good point. Yunho was trying his damnedest not to let it show but the order was getting to him too. He knew it was unfair of him to think so since TVXQ had lost so many fans after the split but , they had been at this for almost eleven years now. Didn’t they deserve a little more respect? It had been over five years since the lawsuit; Yunho would have thought the public would be past it now. While Yunho loved all of his fans, it was an established fact that TVXQ received far more support in Japan now than in Korea. In their home country, TVXQ was still thought of as the leftovers of the group they used to be. And apparently, they weren’t good enough to close an end-of-the-year ceremony.

Who did Big Bang think they were? Going after a group that debuted three years before them; that was ridiculous. Yunho knew that the members of Big Bang weren’t actually responsible for the placement of the acts but he needed someone to target his anger at.

Sighing, Yunho made himself see reason. Big Bang themselves had absolutely nothing to do with his issue so it was ludicrous to be angry at them, especially if Yunho was going to commit to that foursome idea he had come up with earlier. He had been thinking about it since then and had concluded that it was a fabulous idea. After the hectic schedule of the New Year events ended, Yunho would pitch the idea to Changmin and, if he approved, text Youngbae, with the phone number he had just gotten today from the man, to meet and talk about it. Yunho really hoped everyone was willing and enthusiastic because he wanted to see what those hips of Youngbae’s could do in bed and watch Seunghyun’s normally composed appearance fall to pieces.

Removing his mind from the dirtier section of his fantasies, Yunho grinned over at Changmin.  He was extremely grateful to his lover; because he stayed, because he knew exactly what Yunho was thinking even when he didn’t want to admit it, and because he had gifted Yunho with his love. Honestly, if the split had never happened, Yunho wasn’t sure he would have ever seen Changmin become the extraordinary man in front of him. Changmin had fully bloomed like a tree that needs the surrounding plants to be removed to grow. Changmin and Yunho were equals in every way. Not that they weren’t before, but Changmin was always being overshadowed by his hyungs. Losing their three brothers had allowed Changmin to show off his skills, and it made the man stronger, wiser. They had actually met up with the JYJ members for coffee a couple months ago and while it was fun, all five people knew they would never be the same. They were still family but even family has to move apart at some point. TVXQ was Yunho and Changmin, simply as that, and Yunho wouldn’t have it any other way. 

“What?” Changmin asked when he couldn’t take Yunho staring at him any longer.

“Nothing,” Yunho grinned. “Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you.”

Changmin smiled back but rolled his eyes. “God, you’re such a sap.” Changmin pulled Yunho in for a quick embrace so he could speak low enough that only they would know what was said. “Plus, we both know I’m the lucky one here.”

Yunho was about to argue when the backstage opened and allowed Youngbae, Daesung, and G-Dragon through. G-Dragon was still looking less than healthy and immediately sat down to lean against the wall. Youngbae had confessed to him earlier what had actually happened, releasing the entire story, so Yunho knew he was coming down from a dangerous high, not a fainting incident.

Yunho couldn’t help it; as much as he might try to be perfect, he was still human, and he sent a glare their way. For one, they were the finishers instead of TVXQ and two, more importantly; they had interrupted his moment with Changmin. Youngbae looked over at Yunho to great his new friend but frowned when he saw Yunho’s expression. Great, Yunho thought, now he thinks I’m pissed at him. I can just kiss goodbye to that foursome and Youngbae’s friendship. But, instead of turning away like most celebrities would in the face of Yunho’s displeasure, what Youngbae did next pleasantly surprised Yunho.