Yongguk

Effect

Yongguk really wished that Hyosung and Sunhwa would stop talking about other men. He didn’t want to have to leave Jieun but he would if this kind of talk kept up. He so did not need to know about the guys his girlfriend’s members had a crush on. Both Lee Joon and Changmin were cool guys, as far as Yongguk knew, and he didn’t want to have to hear Hyosung and Sunhwa comparing their attributes. Just as he was seriously considering leaving for some less estrogen-filled company, Jieun turned to Yongguk and grabbed his hand with a soft, apologetic smile. Yongguk felt himself return the comforting gesture with a goofy grin of his own and a gentle squeeze of Jieun’s hand before he dropped it, afraid someone would notice. He couldn’t leave her after she looked at him with such an innocent, sweet expression on her face. Damn himself and his inability to resist Jieun’s charm! Thank God he had to leave soon for his rap battle.

Sighing deeply under his breath, Yongguk resigned himself to listening to Hyosung and Sunhwa argue about important things like whose smile was cuter and who was most likely better in bed. Apparently, you could tell that just from someone’s personality. That was news to Yongguk. His only consolation was that Jieun wasn’t partaking in the conversation, simply listening to her friends argue. But still, did they have to be here? Yongguk would much rather be in the TS dressing room, where he could be closer to Jieun. She had already reprimanded him earlier for messing up her lipstick but touching wasn’t off-limits yet.

Seeing that the two ladies weren’t stopping anytime soon, Yongguk got out his phone to text his only idol friend that wasn’t there. He really looked up to Jay Park so when the man had given him his number after dropping his microphone in his lap and almost copping a feel, Yongguk had nearly spontaneously combusted trying not to text Jay. He had waited three days, seventy-two hours exactly, to finally text Jay so he wouldn’t seem desperate. Jieun had made fun of him, asking if she should be jealous, but Yongguk didn’t care. The two quickly discovered they had a lot in common but with both of their busy schedules, they didn’t hang out as much as Yongguk would like. But still, he could throw the man a message since Jay couldn’t be here with them.

{Man, Hyosung-noona and Sunhwa will just not stop talking about men! I so don’t need to hear this.} Yongguk was certain Jay would be sympathetic. Sure enough, his phone buzzed less than a minute later.

{Really? Who’re they talking about :D}

{Not you, you ert bastard. Changmin of TVXQ and Lee Joon}

{:( oh well. They dream about me anyway ;P}

{A huh. I’m sure they do.} Yongguk paused for a moment, then sent another text before he could think better of its corniness.

{Miss you bro}

 

Authors Note

I actually ship Yongguk and Jay too but it just didn't fit in this story. I also thought about putting Yongguk with G.Na but he and Jieun are just so cute!

(I had to clarify which Changmin because there's one in 2AM too)