Taeyang

Effect

Youngbae wasn’t stunned to see Yunho scowling at him when they entered the backstage area. While he wouldn’t exactly change things, Youngbae knew it probably hurt Yunho and Changmin’s pride to not be the finisher. After all, they had debuted three years before Big Bang but then again, so had Epik High and they had performed more towards the early-middle. The closer for the night generally had to do with who could get the audience the most pumped up and animated. Usually, it was a mixture of the sheer number of fans there and who was the most exciting performer. While TVXQ was ridiculously talented and hard-working, they had lost many of their fans during the split; both Yunho and Youngbae knew that. However, Youngbae knew that it still must hurt.

So after he was fitted with his microphone, Youngbae headed over to Yunho with Daesung, determined to keep the atmosphere friendly.

“Hey guys!” Youngbae bowed as they approached the other pair. “We thought we would come early so we wouldn’t miss the start of your performance.” Youngbae made sure to keep a smile on his face so the statement wouldn’t come out as a taunt. Both TVXQ members looked a little hesitant but Yunho quickly broke out into a matching smile.

“You sure you aren’t just here to watch 2NE1 perform?” Yunho teased. Youngbae and Daesung both laughed quietly; Youngbae noticing the strain on his friend’s face as he tried not to let his signature laughter out full-force.

“Don’t look now but CL’s looking this way,” Changmin said, relaxing into the environment. Youngbae turned to see his good friend looking his way and waved at her with a goofy expression on his face, trying to make her laugh onstage. Chaerin just stuck a quick tongue out at him and turned back to the audience.

“We’ve seen them perform this same routine so many times, it’s a wonder we don’t know the thing by heart,” Daesung quipped.

“What do you mean? I‘ve got the whole thing down pat,” Youngbae said.

“Well, maybe you could show us sometime,” Yunho replied. Youngbae was slightly taken back by the sudden heat in the older man’s voice but figured it was just his imagination. But then Changmin threw a quizzical look Yunho’s way, so maybe Youngbae wasn’t entirely crazy.

Yunho shrugged at Changmin before turning back to the Big Bang members. “So how excited are you guys to go home for the night?”

Youngbae felt a lightning jolt of lust course through his body at the reminder of ‘later.’ Fortunately, Daesung answered for the both of them. “No more than you guys, I heard you filmed Running Man before you came here.”

Changmin nodded. “Two schedules in one day isn’t bad at all.”

Youngbae and Daesung exchanged a look before Daesung replied. “But this Gayo has been filming for over five hours.”

Youngbae continued where he left off: “And Running Man is an exhausting program to film!”

Yunho and Changmin chuckled softly. “I forgot that you guys don’t go on broadcast that often,” Changmin pointed out.

“True,” Youngbae admitted. Just as he was about to ask if the two other men were available to hang out anytime soon, 2NE1 finished their routine.

“Showtime,” Yunho said with a cheesy grin on his face and the TVXQ members left to perform Something, Spellbound, and Ten.

“Did you enjoy the performance, oppa?” Chaerin asked, with Bom right next to her. Youngbae was fond of both of them and proud that they wanted his input but he hadn’t really watched a moment of their performance, too distracted by Yunho. And Changmin too, but Youngbae was particularly interested in Yunho right now. He thought that if Yunho was his friend, Changmin would eventually hang out with him too. Maybe Seunghyun could see if he liked the TVXQ members too.

“It was lovely, ladies,” Youngbae replied, with an easy lie.

Chaerin rolled her eyes and punched Youngbae lightly. “You didn’t see any of it, did you?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Youngbae said sarcastically, with a chuckle. Bom and Chaerin giggled a little then headed their own ways for the night, Bom off to Dongwook as Youngbae had learned earlier. He would have to threaten the actor later. No one got away with hurting one of his girls. 

 

Authors Note

I apologize for the unnecessarily dramatic cliff hanger from the last chapter. It was meant to be more of a contemplative hum than a confused shout type reaction lol. Also, Protective Tae is beautiful.