CL

Effect

“Yes oppa? Is something wrong?” Chaerin walked over to the alleyway, wondering what the hell Youngbae was doing out in the dark. When she stepped out in the street, he closed the door behind her, increasing her suspicions.

“Jiyoung, again,” Youngbae explained, gesturing at the man in question.

“Oh , he can’t perform now,” Chaerin replied with a gasp.

“I know.”

“But the Remember Sewol group is going on in like two minutes.”

“I know.”

“Seungho’s been looking all over for him and Jieun and Minah are starting to panic.”

“I know.”

There was a moment of silence as Chaerin pondered her new information and took in the defeated look of her favorite Big Bang oppa in front of her.

“I could do it.”

“What?”

“I know the lyrics and it’s all rapping anyway. I’m not in my outfit for my performance either. I can do this.” Chaerin watched Youngbae look up with hope in his eyes and knew she had done the right thing. Later, when Jiyoung was more aware, she’d kick his for doing this to Youngbae over and over again but for now, this is what she could do.

“Are you sure?”

“Positive. Now, how do we move him? We need to move quickly before I have to go check in as his replacement.” Chaerin took charge naturally, used to it as 2NE1’s leader but also accustomed to Youngbae’s behavior towards Jiyoung.

“I can carry him and tell everyone he fainted. That’ll explain his absence and then his re-appearance in a couple hours. You just go and make sure you rock that rap.” Chaerin nodded but helped Youngbae load Jiyoung on his back before holding the door open for them to slip through.

“Oh my God, I can’t believe Jiyoung oppa fainted like that!” She started the second they got through the door, being as loud as she could without shouting. Word traveled via the grape vine faster than anything. Youngbae caught on instantly, smart as ever.

“I know! He hasn’t been eating well lately so maybe he’s just exhausted. I’m going to go put him down to sleep in our dressing room.” Chaerin nodded sympathetically, noticing their now quite large audience as they moved through the halls. “Chaerin-ah, I know it’s an inconvenience, but would you mind taking his place on stage for now? I don’t think he’ll be awake for a couple hours.”

“Sure oppa! I know the lyrics and everything!” Chaerin knew it was cheesy as hell but both she and Youngbae weren’t the best actors so they’d have to go with it.

“Okay, you’d better hurry up or you’ll miss the performance!” Youngbae gestured frantically to the stage door and Chaerin dashed in, turning only to make sure Youngbae successfully got to the dressing room. She smiled gently at Youngbae before turning back to the stage crew and informing them that CL would be taking G-Dragon’s place. They weren’t happy at the sudden and un-rehearsed change but could do nothing when told about poor Jiyoung’s condition. Chaerin greeted Seungho, Minah, and Jieun and put on her best professional face so that she wouldn’t let Youngbae down. Her friend had been through enough. 

 

Authors Note

Honestly, I think CL and Taeyang are the cutest thing ever. I don't really ship them that hard (well... much) but their friendship is so freaking adorable. Holy , they should make a sub unit! I would die. Just die.