Yunho

Effect

Yunho couldn’t just let Taeyang sit there; it was too cruel and the man was too sweet. After a while of cuddling, Changmin had decided that he should probably go hang out with Kyuhyun before the man started plotting their murder for ignoring him. Yunho had agreed, valuing his life, and went off to go talk with his Super Junior, Girls’ Generation, and SHINee label-mates. He had been chatting with Jessica and Heechul when he noticed Taeyang walk into the room. The man clearly knew no one there and quickly retreated to a couch. Well, Yunho didn’t know Taeyang very well but he couldn’t leave him there either so he strode over and sat down next to the Big Bang member.

Taeyang looked up at him, startled, and Yunho realized that he had no idea what to say to the man. The two of them hadn’t had an actual conversation since Taeyang and Junsu had that piano battle so many years ago. Oh, awkward. Yunho knew nothing about Taeyang that didn’t surround Junsu.

“Hello, sunbae.” Oh, good, Taeyang had started the conversation.

“Hey, Taeyang-ah.” Oh yes, Yunho was a master of speech. Normally, he was so much more charming than this but Yunho just felt awkward and uncomfortable.

“What’cha doing, sunbae?”

“Oh, please, call my hyung. Sunbae is too formal.” Maybe using informalities would help diffuse the tension.

“What’cha doing, hyung?” Or not.

“You just looked a little lonely so I thought I’d join you.” Yunho upheld that honesty was the best policy, in most cases. That had gotten him into a little trouble with Changmin… but hey, they were still together so it couldn’t be too bad.

Taeyang sighed and put his head in his hands. “Yeah, have you noticed how terrified the juniors seem of Big Bang?”

Yunho laughed out loud at that. “You’re not alone there. I think they’re afraid of all of the older groups, especially the ones with large fan bases.”

Taeyang quietly giggled too, to Yunho’s relief. “That’s true. They don’t want to be destroyed by our fans, bless their hearts.”

“I’m pretty sure our fans would fight a war for us, if it came to that,” Yunho joked back, half serious.

Taeyang visibly relaxed back into the cushions of the couch, chuckling lightly. “So Seunghyun-hyung has been practicing his lines constantly; English isn’t quite his thing. You ready for your rap collab performance?”

Yunho took a moment to remember that T.O.P.’s real name was Seunghyun then grinned that he wasn’t the only one regretting that the SBS staff had picked an English song. “No.” They both laughed, a smooth sound that seemed to permeate the room. “English is so difficult!” Yunho whined, throwing his arms out and pouting. Taeyang shook his head at Yunho’s sudden aegyo.

“Well, I’d help you guys but I was having too much fun teasing Seunghyun-hyung about his English so I can’t leave him hanging and help you.” Yunho vaguely recalled hearing that Taeyang spoke English rather well.

“Yes you can!” Yunho draped himself over Taeyang’s lap. “Come on, just a couple hints.”

Taeyang chuckled and tried to evacuate Yunho from his lap but Yunho was having none of it. “Hyung! Get off! It’s not like the fans speak English anyway!”

“But we have international fans too! Come on, Taeyang, my smart dongsaeng, you don’t want your cute hyung to look dumb do you?” Yunho knew he was taking his antics a little far but Taeyang was laughing so what the hell?