Yongguk

Effect

“Hyung!” Daehyun burst into the room that Yongguk had returned to after his rap performance.

“What?” Yongguk asked, alarmed at ’s obvious distress.

“They can’t find two of the members of Nu’Est for the performance with 4Minute so they’re pushing our number up!”

“What?” Yongguk practically snarled out. How could they be so irresponsible?

“We have to go! Come on, they need us all backstage right now!” Daehyun didn’t need to encourage Yongguk further as the B.A.P. leader squeezed Jieun’s hand and began the trek to the stage. Yongguk didn’t look behind him but he assumed Daehyun was following him and started hastening his steps as he felt the anxious vibe was giving off. When the pair entered the area, Yongguk found all the other B.A.P. members there and a staff member rushed over to help with his microphone fitting.

“You guys are going on right after this,” the staff member informed Yongguk.

“What?” Yongguk said for the second time in a minute.

“We tried to find JR and Ren for the longest time but we had to give up and we’re switching the B.A.P. and Nu’Est collaboration numbers,” the staff member explained as she whipped out body tape and a seemingly endless stream of wires. “You guys are going right after Girls’ Day.”

Yongguk looked up to find that the Girls’ Day members were more than half-way through Something. The poor staff member barely had his microphone strapped around his waist when the girls exited and Yongguk had to get ready to go on. Yongguk tried to take a deep breath but all he felt was rushed. B.A.P. was performing 1004 since their second 2014 single didn’t get quite as good a response in Korea.

Yongguk tried to perform the song like nothing was wrong, like he hadn’t just been in a waiting room three minutes ago, since he was the leader and had to set a good example. Everyone else was doing just fine but then it got to the dance break. B.A.P. had remixed the song a little to make it special and had added a new, cooler dance break towards the end of the song. Yongguk was normally a rather good dancer but things had been so hectic with the end-of-the-year schedules and this unexpected turn of events. Although the spotlight mostly rested on Jongup and Zelo during the break, Yongguk had one little part where he performed a b-boy trick he had learned from Jay.

When it came his time, though, to show off his new moves, Yongguk froze. He forgot everything Jay had thought him about b-boying. Jieun and the members would be disappointed if Yongguk completely choked because of one little mishap. With his brain in a complete panic, Yongguk reverted to something else Jay had taught him; how to rip his shirt. Fortunately, Yongguk was wearing a bro-tank for this performance so, with precisely the same technique as Jay, Yongguk ripped the damn thing entirely off. When the crowd went wild, Yongguk grinned. Crisis averted. It might not have been what Jay had originally intended, but it was still something and no one in the audience would know he had screwed up.

With a saucy wink to the camera, Yongguk rejoined the group in the last chorus. As the lights went down, B.A.P. left the stage to the loudest cheers they had heard since their first tour.  Yongguk smirked, knowing he had caused it, and joined the group in cheering obnoxiously as they went back to their room. They were done for the night and could finally go home and sleep but even more than that, they were high from the remaining adrenaline of the performance. Yongguk strode confidently with s, not ashamed of his exposed state at all. Hell, he was proud of the effect he had on his fan-girls (and boys) and saw nothing wrong with showing it off here and there. 

 

Authors Note

I hated Where Are You? What Are You Doing? Not even going to lie. It kinda . But 1004 was my jam~