Jay

Effect

Jay looked at his phone in disbelief. That was the second sappy message tonight! Were all his friends going soft? Jay appreciated the sentiment and all, but why get hung up on it? There really wasn’t anything anyone except JYP himself could do about it so there was no point in letting something like that get to you. Yes, Jay was invulnerable to everything, get over it. In truth, Jay knew he wasn’t completely impervious and his inner romantic was glad his friends thought of him, but he could have done without the reminder. Still, Yongguk was a good guy, a good kid, and Jay liked him. Not like he liked Taecyeon but, as a friend, the guy rocked. Jay typed out a corresponding message that he would probably regret when his testosterone returned to its normal levels but for now, he was fine with it.

{Miss you too. You’ll just have to do well enough for the both of us}

Feeling extra nostalgic, Jay started recounting all of his idol friends that he had made after he left 2PM. Most of his current friends either weren’t in the business or considered themselves artists but he had a few idol friends. Idols just weren’t Jay’s kind of people because they spent so much of their time worried about their image or their company but there were a few that stood out to Jay, Kyuhyun and Yongguk being two of that group. Jay smirked into his bag of dried mangoes when he remembered someone he never had thought would be a friend. Yes, a bag of mangoes. Jay had already eaten his entire bag of popcorn and half a box of chocolates. Jay was an emotional eater, don’t judge him; after all, who isn’t?

But, back to the point, Byunghee had practically carved a place for himself in Jay’s life with an ice pick. If the MBLAQ member weren’t so focused on Seungho, Jay would have thought the man had a crush on him. A major crush at that. Byunghee had a different kind of personality than the people Jay usually hung out with but after he had shoved his way into Jay’s schedule, jostling a couple other commitments around until it worked, and Jay had been forced to spend more time with him, Jay discovered Byunghee wasn’t half bad. He was still different but it wasn’t in a bad way and he could be refreshing.

Actually, thinking about Byunghee made Jay realize that the man hadn’t texted him. Of all his idol friends, Jay would have thought it would have been Byunghee to send him a mushy text, not Kyuhyun and Yongguk. Opening up Kakao Talk again – Yongguk still hadn’t replied to his last text, probably too shocked – Jay decided to send a message Byunghee’s way.

{You haven’t forgotten about me, have you?}

Jay knew that was sure to send Byunghee into a fit, insisting that he could never forget Jay. Call him petty but Jay wondered if Byunghee really had overlooked him. They hadn’t gotten coffee or seen each other in over five months….

 

Authors Note

Anyone else watch Immortal Songs when Jay and G.O were together?