Donghae

Effect

Donghae stiffened when he distinctly felt Siwon sniff him. There was no doubt about it; the man had obviously smelled Donghae’s neck. Donghae had known for about five years now that Siwon was into men, but wouldn’t act on his desires. Donghae was perfectly fine with gay men, hell, his best friend was dating his band member, but that didn’t mean he was okay knowing Siwon used his image to e to (a little fact he had discovered one night when he walked passed Siwon’s room to hear his own name being moaned). That just didn’t sit right with Donghae.

And for some insane reason, Siwon mostly touched him. Yes, he liked to feel up all the Super Junior members but he seemed to have a particular fondness for Donghae. It didn’t even make sense to Donghae; why didn’t Siwon go for one of the gay members of Super Junior? Yes, Ryeowook was currently dating Zhoumi but Yesung was available! You’d think their lither little frames would be perfect for an alpha male like Siwon. The whole thing just made Donghae uncomfortable but he couldn’t talk to Siwon about it, lest he hurt the other man’s feelings.

“Well, we gotta go, boys. Come on Siwon, we just have to get through this performance,” Jeongsu said. The Super Junior leader was often Donghae’s savior and Donghae was glad to finally have the man back, although they’d soon be losing Shindong and Sungmin. With an exaggerated yawn, Siwon untangled his limbs from their position around Donghae and followed Jeongsu through the door. Hyukjae threw Donghae a sympathetic glance before also entering. Donghae followed, excited at the prospect of having a safe area where Siwon couldn’t touch him constantly.

But alas, Donghae’s life wasn’t that easy. Super Junior was performing a mash-up of all of their title songs since they debuted to celebrate Jeongsu’s return. Given that it was supposed to be a feel-good performance for the fans, there was a lot of interaction between the members. And Siwon was all over Donghae! Hyukjae had tried to get him off under the pretense of “Jealous EunHae” but Siwon would have none of it. Donghae didn’t know what was going on in the man’s mind but Siwon had never been this clingy before on a broadcast. He was always careful to only be super touchy during their concerts when his father was guaranteed to not be watching the television for his son. Mr. Choi hadn’t thought to look at fancams yet so Siwon was always more into skinship there. Donghae wasn’t sure how Siwon was going to explain this night away because some of those touches were definitely not strictly friendly.

Although Donghae tried to enjoy every moment onstage, he found himself insanely glad when the song finally faded from the speakers. Donghae practically dashed from the stage as he tried to escape from Siwon. Thankfully, Donghae saw his best friend backstage with his lover; ever the perfectionists, they were there a full performance early. Donghae ran straight into Yunho’s arms without even greeting the 2NE1 members, who were getting ready to go on. As Donghae heard the music for Come Back Home start, Yunho pulled him closer and chuckled into his ear.

“Siwon again?” he asked quietly enough that only Donghae could hear. The Super Junior member practically clung to Yunho like the man was a life raft.

“You have no idea,” Donghae replied. “I don’t think he’s ever been this bad, it’s like he’s in heat.” Yunho laughed softly but didn’t withdraw his embrace.

They would often do this when Siwon got too frisky. Siwon appeared to also have a little crush on Yunho and would back off when the two were together like this. Siwon wasn’t aware of Yunho’s relationship with Changmin so he naturally assumed the two of them were together and Donghae wasn’t going to rob him of that delusion. If he had to pretend to be a couple with Yunho to get Siwon off his , then Donghae was willing to do so. It was nothing he wouldn’t have done with Yunho anyway, when they were being affectionate. Siwon made Donghae uncomfortable while Yunho had the exact opposite effect; Yunho felt like home and safety.

“He’s gone; you can let go now,” Yunho said, pulling back. Donghae instantly found himself missing the warmth and comfort but stopped himself before that thought could go any further.

“Well, I’ll see you later. Good luck!” Donghae waved goodbye and left the stage area before his body betrayed him and went back to Yunho’s arms. Yunho smiled back and Donghae retreated. Shaking his head vigorously, Donghae attempted to lose the image of Yunho’s warm smile and his strong arms and his cushy chest.

Yeah… Donghae just needed to find a girl, he decided; that’s where these thoughts were coming from. Maybe he would catch Dara after her performance and see what she was up to. 

 

Authors Note

Yeah... so that YunHae-ish moment wasn't in my outline either... things just write themselves in and I'm helpless to stop them