Uee

Effect

Yujin grinned as she watched Minki practically sprint from the room after Jonghyun gave him one look. The two thought they were being subtle, and maybe they were to the outside world, but Yujin knew both of them too well to be fooled. She herself had been in the same position once upon a time. There was a time when she and her lover were so caught up in each other, they forgot to cover their tracks carefully and would dash to the other at a penny’s drop. But time had passed and now she and Jiyoung were experts in the business. They knew how to act around each other so no one would even suspect a thing.

With no one around, Yujin was free to lose herself in thoughts of the future. While she had fully enjoyed her time in After School, Yujin knew it was about time to move on and the company would be pushing her graduation soon. She had built herself up a sturdy career in acting and Yujin found that she almost enjoyed it more than singing. She was still an entertainer and could still go on the occasional variety show but movies and TV shows had an ending point. Yujin could have little breaks between projects instead of just constantly working. Days off for idols were few and far between. Yujin worked hard as an actress but it wasn’t quite as life- as being a member of After School was. Now her lover, Jiyoung, wanted to continue in the business as long as she possibly could. Jiyoung was practically born to be on stage and Yujin had no plans to try and take that from her. But still, after her graduation, she and Jiyoung could actually be together more often instead of having Skyping dates since Jiyoung graduated. Maybe, if they were careful enough or brave enough, the pair could even get an apartment together.

Yujin knew that whatever her future held, her family, her acting career, and Jiyoung would be there for her so she had no fear for the unknown. It would be strange at first but it was a change Yujin welcomed. With a peaceful smile on her face, Yujin took a quick selca to commemorate her last Gayo stage then headed off to find Jooyeon and Jungah to practice. She wanted her final performance to be perfect.