Ren

Effect

Minki had been talking to Yujin-noona while he waited for Jonghyun to come back from his mission. They had become good friends after their W Korea photo-shoot when Yujin realized Minki could be an even bigger diva than her. He didn’t always act like that but Minki definitely had a sassy side. Other than the Nu’Est members, Yujin was Minki’s favorite person in the company. She even beat out Dongho to be honest. The man was constantly flirting with him even though he knew Minki was with Jonghyun, and then the Pledis management had decided to promote the BaekRen couple, which only made things worse. Jonghyun knew of Minki’s great dislike for Dongho but that didn’t make it better when BaekRen was constantly forced into skinship.

So when Jonghyun left on his quest to finally talk to Yunho, Minki naturally went to Yujin’s side. They hadn’t seen each other in a while and Minki wanted to catch up. Unfortunately, Jonghyun hadn’t been gone more than two minutes when he suddenly reappeared in the lobby before disappearing. Although he and Yujin had barely gotten past greetings, Minki said his goodbye’s immediately and followed Jonghyun. He could tell from his lover’s eyes how upset the man was and could only assume his little warrior had failed in his quest. Minki hadn’t seen what direction Jonghyun had gone in but he assumed they were meeting up in the empty room next to Pledis dressing room since no one else would be there. The room had some electrical problem so the stylists couldn’t use it and it had been left unoccupied until repairs could be done.

Casually walking, Minki reached the room in mere minutes and gently nudged it open to find Jonghyun seated on the couch with his head buried in his hands. Minki didn’t say anything; he just locked the door behind him, crossed over to the stationary position of his lover, sat on the arm of the couch, and put his arms around Jonghyun’s shoulders.

“I couldn’t do it, Minki. I’m such a ing coward. I took one look at him and made up some excuse in my head so I could walk away.”

Minki sighed; Jonghyun was too hard on himself sometimes and Minki was far too used to this kind of self-deprecating talk. Normally the Nu’Est leader was quite cheerful, but he also tried to carry the world on his shoulders and Minki had appointed it his job to remind Jonghyun that such things only resulted in crushing you. “You’re not a coward, baby. You got within sight of him this time. That’s a huge improvement; last time you stopped before you even got in the same vicinity as Yunho. Next time, you’ll be able to go up and talk to him. You’re just taking small steps.”

“But it’ll be months until I see him next!” Jonghyun replied, still refusing to raise his head from his hands.

Minki wasn’t sure why this was so important to him. If Minki didn’t know his boyfriend better, he’d be green from jealousy, but Minki knew Jonghyun loved him. Well, in simpler terms, he had Jonghyun wrapped around his pinky finger and Minki didn’t see that changing because of Yunho. Yes, Minki was just as devoted to Jonghyun but Minki preferred to think of himself as in charge.

“Then you’ll have months to remember the last times you’ve tried this and to accumulate your courage until you have to do it. I believe in you babe.” Minki began to massage Jonghyun’s shoulders, finding multiple knots despite the fact that he had done the same thing just two nights ago.

Jonghyun finally moved his head to look over his shoulder, softly in appreciation at the pressure. “Thanks, baby. It’s just frustrating, that’s all.”

Minki smiled and leaned in to place a small kiss on Jonghyun’s pliant lips. “I know, but you can do it. You can do anything you want.” Jonghyun smirked up at Minki, most likely thinking of ways to turn the conversation dirty now that he was cheered up. Minki returned the look with an impish one of his own, glad that his lover was feeling better and well enough to Minki into the couch. Minki had his priorities, alright?