Taecyeon

Effect

Jesus Christ, where was that infernal buzzing noise coming from? Taecyeon had been heading to the stage for stand-by on his rap collaboration with T.O.P., Yunho, Yongguk, and Zico when he heard a loud vibration buzz like a phone going off. He ignored it and kept walking but then the sound didn’t stop and Taecyeon felt his already short temper take a beating. He had to find the source of the maddening sound and pound the owner before he truly snapped.

Tracing the noise to a door, Taecyeon found that it was MBLAQ’s dressing room. Well, he and Byunghee were close friends so the man wouldn’t mind him going in their room. Pushing the door open quietly, Taecyeon remembered that MBLAQ was currently performing so no one was in there to answer the damn contraption. Using his advanced detective skills, i.e. finding a lit up phone in a dark room, Taecyeon quickly located the phone and was less than astonished to discover that it was Byunghee’s. The man’s phone didn’t stop going off until the message had been opened, which was an absolutely terrible idea.

For the sake of his sanity, Taecyeon had to open the message. Byunghee didn’t have a password on his cell for some insane reason and Taecyeon knew the man wouldn’t be too mad at him so without hesitation, Taecyeon looked at the text.

{You haven’t forgotten about me, have you?}

The sender was titled Jaebeom-hyung and Taecyeon dropped the phone in shock. Yes, Taecyeon couldn’t dictate who his friends went out with but he never thought Byunghee would date Jay without even telling him about it. The hell? How had Taecyeon not seen this coming? Jay had always been a flirty bastard, even when they were dating, and Byunghee wasn’t equipped to deflect his attentions.

Taecyeon felt his patience and calm snap right then and there. He couldn’t do it. It was all too much. First Kyuhyun earlier and now this? With how stressful end-of-the-year activities were already, Taecyeon just couldn’t take it. He stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him, and headed to the stage. His fans thought he was y angry, anyway. Why not give them the show they wanted? Flinging to door to the backstage area open with more force than necessary, Taecyeon stalked over to his starting position. T.O.P. and Yunho were on his side of the stage as well, while Yongguk and Zico entered from the other side. MBLAQ was already finished and Rainbow quickly took their places.

“Taecyeon-ah! You’re a little late, where were you?” Yunho asked, with a cheerful smile on his face. The man invaded Taecyeon’s personal space as he tried to be quiet.

“None of your ing business,” Taecyeon practically spat back, pushing Yunho away from him. Yunho had this hurt look on his face that just pissed Taecyeon off more and the TVXQ rapper was about to say something when T.O.P. stopped him.

“Just leave him alone,” came rumbling out of that deep voice. Taecyeon wasn’t sure if T.O.P. was telling him to be nice to Yunho or if he was telling Yunho to get away from him but he sneered at T.O.P. just the same.

Yunho nodded and returned to where he and T.O.P. had been quietly talking, although more tense than before. Taecyeon leered at their cowardice and stood by himself, boiling in his anger. Soon enough, Rainbow’s performance was over and it was time for the rappers. The five flawlessly covered a mash-up of Not Afraid by Eminem, Dead & Gone by T.I, and Wing$ by Macklemore. Taecyeon had an advantage over the other rappers since he had lived in America for so long and he effortlessly dominated the stage with his perfect pronunciation and domineering attitude.

Taecyeon sent another smirk T.O.P. and Yunho’s way as the crowd cheered loudly just to make sure they acknowledged his victory. The two simply smiled back, waving to the crowd and their fans, not even looking at him. That didn’t sit well with Taecyeon and when all five of them left the stage together, acting like best friends, Taecyeon tripped Yunho on his way out the door. He heard the harsh smack that betrayed how hard Yunho fell but Taecyeon didn’t look behind him. Those who got in his way deserved the treatment they received. 

 

Authors Note

I actually know someone with a phone like that. Why? I just don't get it.

I just want to warn everyone that the TaecJay aspect of this story did not turn out the way I wanted to write it at all. Somehow it got twisted and I liked it too much to change it back to the original.