T.O.P.

Effect

Seunghyun had been sitting in their room waiting for Youngbae to return from his number with Ailee when the door was suddenly forced open and his distraught lover came through. Seunghyun’s body tensed instantly when he saw Youngbae’s expression. He didn’t know who had made his love this way, but their was going to get the beating of its life when Seunghyun tracked them down. No one hurt his boyfriend and didn’t suffer for it. Youngbae was always Seunghyun’s first priority.

Seunghyun wasn’t sure what had happened. Just ten minutes ago, he had sent off a happy, ually stated Youngbae to perform a song he loved. And now, Youngbae looked like he had that time Jiyoung told him he was a terrible friend during a fight. Youngbae made a beeline for his couch and sat down as close to Seunghyun as physically possible without actually sitting in his lap. Seunghyun immediately wrapped an arm around Youngbae as tight as he could without being painful.

“What happened, baby?” Seunghyun asked quietly, touching Youngbae’s face with the very tips of his fingers.

Youngbae exhaled loudly before answering. “Nothing, really.”

“Nope. I know nothing and nothing sure as didn’t make you this upset. Now, don’t make me repeat myself again or I’ll punish you even more tonight.” At the quirk of Youngbae’s eyebrow, Seunghyun revised. “Or, I won’t punish you at all and we can stay up all night watching chick-flicks. I know they’re your favorite.” Seunghyun chuckled at Youngbae’s face, scrunched up in disgust, before it returned to its troubled position.

“It’s stupid,” Youngbae said, staring down at his hands in his lap.

Seunghyun tilted his chin until Youngbae was looking him the eye again so his sincerity would be clear. “Nothing is stupid when it comes to you.”

Youngbae paused for an extended moment before answering. “I just… don’t feel good… about myself.”

“You wanna clarify that statement?” Seunghyun asked.

“I was backstage and Yuri was dancing so ily and then I remembered the LED incident and I just… don’t feel good.” Youngbae was trying to explain without sounding petty but Seunghyun knew the words were hard for him.

Seunghyun had dealt with this issue before, Youngbae’s deep insecurities from more than a decade in the business. He was familiar with this particular beasty and the best way to deal with it. “Baby.” Seunghyun’s matter-of-fact tone caught Youngbae’s attention. “You are the iest person I have ever seen ever, on the dance floor and off. No girl has anything on you, don’t you ever question that.”

Seunghyun was already plotting up ways to get Youngbae to believe him that involved dancing, whipped cream, and when his younger lover beamed up at him and gently connected their lips. Seunghyun tried not to moan into the kiss but it was rather difficult with how amazing a kisser Youngbae was - just another skill set he excelled in. Pulling back for air, Seunghyun smiled softly at Youngbae. “You got that? I’ll have to get you another tattoo if you ever forget again.” Oh , now Seunghyun really wanted some ink on Youngbae that labeled the man his.

“Yeah, I got it.” Youngbae grinned back and Seunghyun did a mental victory dance at his success in getting his lover to feel better. At least, he tried to envision one but he was too busy planning Youngbae’s newest tattoo.

“Good. Now, let’s go get those popcorn chip things you like so much. I think I saw them in a vending machine earlier and we have a little bit before our performance.” Youngbae stood up and helped Seunghyun to his feet, practically bouncing at the prospect of his current favorite snack. “And then I get to take you home and prove just how y you are,” Seunghyun rumbled into Youngbae’s ear as he led the younger man out of the room with a hand on the small of his back. The resulting blush on Youngbae’s face was extremely satisfying. 

 

Authors Note

Popcorn chips are yummy. Tobae is delicious. That is all.