T.O.P.

Effect

Seunghyun watched Youngbae chat with Yunho and Changmin first, then Bom and Chaerin with a dumb grin on his face. Youngbae was a naturally shy person with new people but he seemed to get along with Yunho and Changmin well, from the constant smile his lover was wearing. Youngbae had known Chaerin and Bom for years and was completely oblivious to Chaerin’s previous crush on him, as Seunghyun preferred it. His lover was totally dense when it came to people being attracted to him. Seunghyun liked that about him. Seunghyun never had to worrying about Youngbae cheating on him because the man couldn’t distinguish ual advances from friendly gestures. Seunghyun knew Youngbae loved him but he liked the little extra reassurance.

While Seunghyun watched TVXQ perform – well, as he glanced at TVXQ while mostly tracking Youngbae’s movements – he debated whether or not he had imagined that brief moment of he had witnessed. For a moment, it had looked like Yunho had come on to Youngbae but Seunghyun knew that couldn’t be true because Youngbae told him Yunho was with Changmin. Now, Seunghyun was inferring all of this from facial expressions but he prided himself on being an experienced people-reader and he could have sworn that was what he saw. But it couldn’t be true. Unless….

Seunghyun stored that thought away for further exploration later and returned his full attention to Youngbae. The man had looked so happy earlier, and still did now. Maybe a new environment was what Youngbae needed, with new friends completely free of Jiyoung’s influence. It wasn’t like Youngbae was unhappy now but trying new things and meeting new people could never be bad. If Yunho and Changmin turned out to be bad people, Seunghyun would simply pummel them and Youngbae’s wounds like a cat (no, literally) before they went out and tried again. Seunghyun was really liking this idea.

While Seunghyun mulled over who else seemed like good candidates, TVXQ finished their performance and exited to his side. He smiled brightly at them, not willing to screw up Youngbae’s new friendship, and then entered the stage. Big Bang was performing Good Boy as a group and also a solo song from all five of them. It was a little extensive and filled with expensive effects but Seunghyun didn’t mind. He didn’t adore the stage quite as much as the other four did, but it was still an exhilarating feeling and the open-mouthed grin on Youngbae’s face erased any exhaustion Seunghyun may have experienced.

Youngbae had finally released his solo album this year and Seunghyun was crazy proud of him; the album was one of the best he had ever heard. Seunghyun had done his solo part before Youngbae so he couldn’t stare openly at his lover like he could from backstage but he still snuck fleeting glances. Besides, he was also recording it at home just in case.

At the beginning of their actual group number, Youngbae looked over at Seunghyun with a smirk that said “Let’s rock this.” And rock it they did. If Seunghyun could say so himself, he thought it was in the top ten of their best performances ever. The crowd was ecstatic, Jiyoung was suddenly animated, and the energy from the crowd was directly duplicated in the Big Bang members. It was absolutely amazing and at the end, Seunghyun saw Youngbae give him a wink that promised multiples bouts of later. Seunghyun smirked at his fan-girls who had nothing to do with his happiness, and was already planning the different positions they could go through. Seunghyun had already had Youngbae every which way, and Youngbae had him too, but somehow it never seemed to get boring. Seunghyun’s thirst for Youngbae was just never clenched. Oh darn, it was a condition Seunghyun would have to carry for the rest of his life. And the treatment was oh, so much fun.