Kyuhyun

Effect

Kyuhyun sighed to himself as he watched Changmin walk hastily away from him, firmly attached to Yunho’s side. He had been waiting anxiously for his best friend to get there and he had trusted Changmin to want to wreak havoc on their friends with him.  Damn Yunho and Changmin’s love for him! Not that Kyuhyun blamed either men - Changmin still made lots of time for his friends - but everyone else was busy and Kyuhyun was getting bored by himself. Even the stylist noonas had left him to go gossip about the hottest idols there today. He couldn’t take hearing about T.O.P.’s good looks or Bang Yong Guk’s voice anymore. Kyuhyun wasn’t doing a collaboration performance at the SBS Gayo either so he had nothing to practice. It would be incredibly rude of him to rehearse his performance for KBS while in the SBS building. And tacky at that. Kyuhyun didn’t do tacky.

Kyuhyun looked around himself with another deep and dramatic sigh while he evaluated the other idols he wasn’t familiar with around him. He could make new friends. Kyuhyun could be a charmer when he wanted to but none of these people were up to his standards; most of them were poser puppets who would never do anything to upset their manager, or worse, their label. Nothing exciting was going to happen with them.

Withdrawing his cell phone from his pocket, Kyuhyun texted the most unreserved person he knew; Jay Park. After they met on Immortal Songs, the two had quickly become friends and while they didn’t see each other often, there was never a boring moment with Jay. And in such a restrictive industry, unpredictable was just what Kyuhyun craved. Jay was like a breath of fresh air.

{Wish you could be here} was all he sent. Short and sweet but he needed someone to talk to and he did sincerely wish Jay could participate in more mainstream programs. Maybe one day it would be possible, but it had been five years and Jay still wasn’t allowed on any program or event with 2PM, and sometimes even anyone of the JYP Nation. It was absolutely ridiculous in Kyuhyun’s opinion. If Jay could attend more filmings, the industry would be a hell of a lot less boring and scripted.

Kyuhyun impatiently waited for Jay to reply, expecting a reply soon after the “1” disappeared on Kakao Talk but it didn’t come as quickly as he anticipated. Kyuhyun knew Jay had seen the message and he also happened to know that the soloist didn’t have any plans tonight, so why wasn’t Jay replying? In Kyuhyun’s opinion, patience was so not a virtue and waiting just wasn’t his specialty. The Super Junior vocalist began to bounce his knee as he felt time slow down and stretch infinitely while his phone didn’t chirp at him. This better be one hell of a long text, Kyuhyun thought to himself, or Jay’s gonna hear some choice words.  

 

Authors Note

I think Kyuhyun and Jay's relationship is adorable :) Thoughts? Comments? Don't be afraid to share~

Also, I didn't mean you had to guess every chapter lol. Just the ones that are pretty ambiguous.