Chapter 9

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 9: Does he begin to like her?

Part 9.1: The first kiss

This time, he doesn’t miss the dating with her. In lunch break, Nari received his message about meeting after school. When the bell has just rang, she hurriedly runs to where they have a date. Standing to wait a long time but no see him, when she purposes to call him, he comes there. Nari resentfully says: "What did you do? Why make me wait so long?"

"I want to wait all the people leave school. Do you like to attract attention?" - He frowns at her.

Nari: "There's alright, why is it attract attention? Go with me, are you feel embarrassing?”

Young Do: "I think for you, you said that you want to be peace in the school. If everyone knows that you go with the most handsome guy, you won’t have the security."- He laughes to .

Nari wants to laugh what he said, he is too confident when saying that he is the most handsome in the school. "Isn’t it the contrary?" - she smiles mysteriously and answers.

"Contrary - contrary what - you mean that I’m who not have the security if i go with you, you want to say that you’re beautiful." - Young Do retorts, he continues - "You’re not beautiful. Don’t think that the boys surround her because you’re pretty. You ‘re not a half as beauty as Song Hye Kyo."

Nari glibly response: "Why do you compare a girl 18 age with a woman 32 age?"

Young Do does not know what to say, he gently knocks her head: "Let's go"

According to her wishes, he took her to parks have fun, and play Bowling, dancing, ... (recap all the games) are fun until exhausted. When the twilight, he asks if she was hungry and what her want to eat. She nods and points to a nearby noodle restaurant, calls two Ramen bowl what he likes eating.

After eating, they walk together in the park, perhaps with two not enough time sothat she can stay with him more, and sothat he can know more about her, there are so many things he wants to ask, but not know how to start. Nari says and break the quiet atmosphere between the two.

Nari: "Why did you invite me to go out, and invited me to dinner?"

Young Do: "Because I want to thank you about that accident."

Nari: "That's all?"

Young Do: "Well, what else? But I invited you why you don’t choose the dish you like, you choose the dish that I like."

Nari: "Because everything that you like, i will like”.

Young Do feels shy, he veers round to something else: "Are you daughter of New Riche? How are they rich?”

Nari hate when he asked her this question, she says: “Cause of sale the land”.

Young Do continue question:" Why your friend, Ji Ah said that your parents work for KE company of her mother. And the bodygaurd is the welfare of employees”.

"What? Why did Ji Ah say that? When did you ask her” - Nari is shocked, she looks at him.

"Some days ago, I wonder about you and your bodyguards. Why does the New Riche need guards to protect their daughter? I stumbled upon her on the road so I asked and she said that."- Young Do remember.

Nari shakes her head:" Crazy, crazy. I’m New Riche, you don’t ask me again. I don’t like.”

Young Do: "Ok, so I ask, why did you have to hide your real face and make yourself be ugly”.

"I did not want to be notice, you don’t see that the guys always bother me with this face.” - She joke as want to emphasize for him know that she is beautiful.

Don't get excited over nothing”- He rubs her head affectionately. But he can not deny that she is very beautiful, very attractive.  Today, when she walks with him, so many men look at her longingly and look him with jealous eyes.

Nari mow as not agree what he said. Then she hugs her body and whine: "The summer is coming, why is it so cool?"

Incidentally, Young Do takes off his jacket and wear it for her. Nari is stunned, she only knows to say thank you to him. She put her hands in jacket pocket as she wants to find a warmth. Suddenly, she see a small item. Nari is curious to take it out. “It is…” - Her eyes fill with disappointment - "I throw it away, why do you have it and what mean do you bring it? Want to give this watch back for me? If don’t need, threw it”.

Young Do hastily explaines: “Who says that I will give back for you. Just…”

"Is why?... " - She smiles and take his hand - "If don’t give back me, you have to use it."

Not for him reacting, she gently puts his hand on: "See, that's beautiful. The watch is nicer when it is puted on you.”

Young Do don’t know what to say, he stares her in the face, feeling the smooth skin of her hands are gently touch him and feel her love for him. As soon as, she finds his eyes is looking her sneakily, he just wants to do something. Hurrily and passionately, he puts a kiss on her beautiful lips. A casual kiss, full of awkward (and also lack of experience, haha the first kiss of him :)). Young Do quickly finish, he evades embarrassingly: "It's late, go home. Where is your house? I will take you home.”

"No need, I'll go with them" - Nari points at the corner of the street where her bodyguards is waiting.

Young Do looks at this, he complains: " They follow you all the day? Oh it's not comfortable”....

Wait a car carrying her disappear in the dark night, Young Do catches a taxi to come home. Today is a memorable day for him and her. For the first time in his life, he kissed a girl proactively but he turned it into a bad kiss, why is shame, impulsive and quickly end. And do not understand why he kissed her on the first...........

…..Young Do’s heart is apparently sobbing ..... Maybe, he starts to fall in love with her​​....

 

Part 9.2 : Can I hold your hand?

Still habitual routine, Nari goes to school early to revise. But today, holding the book on hands, she can’t learn any word. Thinking about last night, she hasn’t mind at all. Why could Ji Ah say that? It’s so shame. Nari is retrospect….

.....<< After going out with Young Do, Nari felt very happy. But when she came to the bedroom - a room with luxurious design, elegant as her genitive - Nari was surpise to see Ji Ah who was lying in bed and laughing because of  a comedy in TV.

Nari: "What were you doing in my room lately? Why not go your home to sleep."

"I had finished shooting. I missed you, so I wanted to sleep with you. I was so tired, why you not ask after me or feel excited when I went." - Ji Ah said and put some popcorn into - “Why were you coming home so late? Were you dating?”

Nari jumped up the bed and hugged Ji Ah, she smiled happily: "I'm so glad, Ji Ah ssi. Did he begin to like me?"

Ji Ah was shocked: "Who? Young Do? What? Tell me, come one. Don’t make me be so nervous.”

Ji Ah is best friend of Nari, they had known each other since in kindergarten. Their relationship between two is strong and nothing to hide together. Nari told all everything in tonight for Ji Ah, do not miss any details, include the quickly kiss with him.

Hearing, Ji Ah felt amazing, she did not think that Young Do and Nari is fast in this relationship: "According you said, maybe he was shy. The look is strong, but why didn’t he express this kiss more intensely" - Ji Ah curled her lips to tease Nari. "You want to die? I would not tell you anymore" - Nari said.

Ji Ah's face suddenly became serious: "What would you do? If the love had became deep, it would have been difficult to break up. Sooner or later, your parents would know. Now, i wished that he didn’t like you”..

Nari heard that, she feel bored and sadly replied: "I don’t know. The bodyguards, i made them shut up, so this time not worry. But, .. You're right ..”

"I have a solution for this problem." - In the head of Ji Ah was thinking something as crazy - "You and him, have a baby. I sure that you will be next to him forever. Nobody can prevent, even your parents or Young Do’s father. Haha .... ">> .......

Well, Well, why can Ji Ah say that? It’s make her not sleep all last night. Oh my god, that’s a best friend. Being absorbed in thought, suddenly Young Do comes to and looks her, his face so close to her. Nari startles, she drops a book.

"What are you thinking? Has any secret that you want to hide me? Look like you do not like reading at all." - He bend down, pick up the book  and put it back into her hand.

Thinking of him that he has appeared when she feels confused because of Ji Ah’s words. Nari is shame: "Nothing"

Young Do doesn’t give up. He looks straight in her eyes: “Saying what you think.” Nari does not tell, but he recognizes the difference, Young Do sees her blushes. He remembers the kiss that he gave her last night - "You think about it. No. Don’t think again" - Young Do is shame.

"What? - Nari bewildered. "Ah, You mean it, huh, I don’t think about that." - She smiles.

"Really?" - He sighed with pleasure - "Good. I ban you from thinking about it”. Nari can’t believe that he's so cutie. Always looks to be strong but he's really weak and the man is shame... just because a kiss.

Young Do sit down next to Nari. He asks: “Why are you off work in the grocery stores and restaurants to do in the fashion shop?.”

Nari: "Because you said that you didn’t want to meet me everywhere, but these place where you usually come. And fashion shop, I don’t work here. Store owner is my friend. Sometimes, I help her. From now, I don’t do part-time, i want to focus my attention to study.”

"If New Riche does not do part-time, you won’t have money to use”. - He - "Why do you study hard? I always see you go to the library or school yard to read books?”

"Because you knew that i’m New Riche so i don’t have to pretend to work anymore. Ok?” - She stops to look at him and then continue to say - "I love reading book. Every book give me a new knowledge. Thanks to this knowledge, you will achieve my dreams. You know that? .....  Step to the top of the world, achieve the most powerful crown and I will have all the power and strength of it. So I do not stop studing. You can see that even in school, I have to be in top 1. When i lose someone, I will make me be extremely uncomfortable” ...

Young Do listen what her say, he is so surprised. Thinking that she is a little girl, self-deprecating and always likes to hide herself, but she have a big ideal for her life. He frowns at her, then laughs: "New Riche want to reach the top. So you have to try so many because this dream will be very difficult to become”.

"You don’t say to me about your dream?” - She asks.

Young Do: "I’m difference to you. I’m a heir.The fate attach me to have to heir Zeus hotel. I can’t dream.”

Nari suddenly takes something from her bag, the she gives him: “Young Do, the gloves that i bought for you, now will you receive?”

He takes it and says: "New Riche bought me this expensive gift. I can not receive….How long do you want to sit here? Go to class, the lesson starts”.

He immediately stands up to go, but she is still here. He turns back and asks: “You don’t go. Want to be late.”

Nari goes towards him, she hesitates a moment and then says: “Young Do ah, can i hold your hand?”

Young Do is surprised, he smiles and goes back to hold her hand, comes to class together.

They go under the spring sunshine.... A few students look back them to be surprise….

 

Part 9.3: Professed love

At lunch, Nari is eatting together Chae Rim, some boys come to and flirt with her. She is very shame and annoyed. Although she tried to refuse but she still can not make them leave. Sitting at the table nearly, see this scene, Young Do feels insecurity. He is frowned and grimaced and not attend to Myung Soo - his friend also like Nari - complaint "Long time no see her, why the boys gather around her so many. Obnoxious. "

Young Do takes his dishe and toward to the Nari. He askes the boys quickly leave here: "Get out. This is my seat .... What? Does it matter? Do not want to leave?". Although surprised by Young Do behavior, they do not understand why he is concerned about Nari or he likes her too, but nobody dare say because they are afraid of him, afraid of the Zeus power. Nari, she is equally surprised too with his action, "is he jealous?"

She enjoys to smile: "Young Do ah, what are you doing? Why do you make all them  flee"- Nari teases him.

"Oh, do you like that boys flirt with you?” - Young Do glare at her and seems sulky - "So, I'm sorry. Do you need I call them to come back?”

Nari: "No, I like to have lunch with you more ...Do you like to eat shrimp? For you" - Just finished speaking, she immediately takes a shrimp for him.

"You like do something, you will do that not ask one’s opinion. You have to wait me agreed” - Young Do blames her and rub her head affectionately - "Next time, when some boys want to bother you, you have to call me. Ok”. Nari nods her head obediently.

Young Do cause of jealous, Nari cause of happiness, two people do not hide this emotional. They are comfortable to show their love but not know that the students in the cafeteria are gawking to see them and not understand anything. Chae Rim interrupts to say: "What is going on here? Two you  ... a couple? Since when? Really ???”. Nari smile to instead of her answer, and Young Do is shame, he turns away .....

In the end of the lunchtime, Myung Soo immediately find Nari to ask her. He sees her standing in front of changing room to prepare for the upcoming fitness classes. He asks: "Nari, you have to say truly for me. Valentine's Day, i gave a gift for you. But you refused and said that you spent your love for another person. Other who you said is Young Do?”

Nari: "Sorry, because I did not say you know soon”.

"So now two you are dating?” - He shouts -" Why do you hurt my heart? Tell me, i don’t also blame. Young Do is my best friend. Oh, why dare he hide me?”

.......Next there, some girls overhears the story of Myung Soo and Nari, they talk: "Do you hear it? .. No mistake... Who is she that she dare date with Young Do and both Myung Soo also like her?... Do you forget that boys like her? ... She thinks that she is pretty. She just a poor and filthy girl, ... I also heard that this morning she and Young Do was holding hands each together ... True?... Can not let it be ..."

 


 

Part 9.4: I'll always protect you

The fitness class has just ended, Nari is telling about the story of her and Young Do to Chae Rim. Suddenly, 4 girls pull her into the changing room with the face full of hatred.

Realizing that is wrong, Chae Rim rushes to find Young Do. She is haste but Young Do’s class hasn’t still finished. Just wait about 5 minutes but in urgent situation as Chae Rim has to wait 5 hours. As soon as the teacher is out of the classroom, Chae Rim comes to Young Do and says breathlessly: "Young Do ssi, have a problem, Nari, Nari, ...."

"What ‘s going on? Calm down and tell me" - Eun Sang hear strange voice of Chae Rim, she interrupts to ask.

Chae Rim: "I do not know. When the fitness was ended, she was taken into the changing room by some girls, they looked be angry. I think they want to bully Nari but I don’t know reason. Please, stop them, Young Do ssi.”

Hearing that, Young Do feverishly, he is worry and runs to find Nari. Eun Sang is too, she pulls hand of Kim Tan because Eun Sang always think Nari as her little sister.

"Have a fighting, why not tell to teachers, find Young Do? Young Do feverishly runs. Two people who love each other, really? Not rumor" - Bo Na askes.

"It’s true "- Myung Soo says and also runs to where Nari is having problem - "Do you go?”

It’s so weird and strange, all students who is Young Do’s classmates are curiosity to  want to see what is happening.

........Meanwhile, Nari is pushed to the floor. She stands up: "What do you want?"

A haughty girl says: "Do you think who you're that you dare say that with me. You are just a people who belongs to social welfare group. And do you know who I am?”

The girl goes with her to interrupt: "She's Kang Min Joon, the daughter of the director of the R.E company. You know the reputation of R.E. All in the Korea, no one doesn’t know”.

Kang Min Joon: "Hear carefully. You quickly leave Young Do, the best you should go out of school. Seeing yourself in the mirror to find your condition not commensurate with him. You dare flirt with him”.

"Why should I do that? Do you also like Young Do? " - Nari retorts - "If you're confident with yourself, conquer him. No reason for me to leave Young Do by the despicable way ..." .

Extremely angry, Kang Min Joon and her friends hold Nari and hit Nari’s head into a brick wall. Her bleeding, Nari mad, she shouts: "You, Kang Min Joon, you’re really bad. You told me not commensurate with Young Do, so you think you’re commensurate. You’re confident in your family but with me, you’re nothing at all."

- Nari conceited smile - "Your father is Kang Soo Hyuk, director of R.E, Royal Entertainment, is just a small branch of Royal Group. Your father is the only man of working for someone else, the shares do not reach to 10%, is not the main shareholder. You think you’re as glory as Zeus. Laughable. I’m not as rich as you, but my personality is more than you. Young Do will never love someone like you.”

As mentioned to her exactly weakness, the jealousy and pride is hurted, Kang Min Joon is like to turn into a beast. She slap in Nari’s face and threat: "You dare say that to me. Ah, you think that you have beautiful face so you’re able to seduce the boys in school? Think if it is destroyed." - She takes a knife and let it in the face of Nari. The friends of Kang Min Joon see that, they’re afraid and pull Min Joon: "Hey You can’t do that. If the school knows, you will be punished severely."

Kang Min Joon: "Why have to be afraid? Dare she proceed? I will use money to solve”. Say is do, she makes an incision on the beautiful face of Nari, laugh and glad.

The injured on the forehead, cheek make Nari extremely painful. From child to now, this is the first time she has to endure to get trampled: "Kang Min Joon, I will not forgive you. I will turn your life into hell. Listen carefully, I am ..."

Kang Min Joon does not let Nari say all the sentence: “Who is? I don’t care.”

She takes a sharp knife but a strong hand is holding her.

Young Do, he look at Kang Min Joon with eyes fill the anger. Turning to Nari, seeing her injuries, he doesn’t mind to revenge on Kang Min Joon. Young Do is extremely nervous, he keeps on asking: "Are you right? Go, I’ll take you go to the nurse's office." Young Do carries her in his arms and runs.

When Nari and Young Do leaves, Bo Na says to Kang Min Joon: "You are so cruel... This must be reported to the principal."

Myung Soo voices to agree the opinion of Bo Na and he immediately goes to the principal's office.

In the nurse's office, Young Do feels very sad when he sees beautiful face of Nari now being plastered gauze. And she smiles and say that she is ok as she wants to comfort him but it’s useful. Eun Sang and Chae Rim is there and also anxious to Nari. Suddenly, Myung Soo runs on: "Nari, You go to see the principal who looking at you."

"What? At least, To her be rested. What’s happen again. I'll go with you" - Young Do holds her hand to lead Nari. But, he is asked to go out and just only Nari stays. He looks resentful, hears through the door between Nari, Kang Min Joon and friends of Min Joon…..

The principal:  "Kang Min Joon, do you know what you did? In the school, you aren’t allowed to use violence”.

Kang Min Joon is scared but also very arrogant: "I know my fault. But she is a social welfare group, you do not mind”.

The principal: "What did you say, a social welfare group. Do you understand what you're saying?”

Nari hastily interrupt: "I’m ok. Please, you don’t prosecute it anymore”.

Kang Min Joo: "You also know your position”.

The principal shouts: "Kang Min Joon, shut up. And Nari, I will inform this to your parents. You look yourself, if I do not handle it satisfactorily, I won’t know how to say to them".

Nari begs: "Please...you don’t tell. If you say to them, not only me, Min Joon but also Jeguk’s school will be trouble. You want that. You don’t worry, if my parents asked if, i would have the way to lie. Please…”

After a long time, finally the principal agree with Nari. The principal won’t informed to parents of Kang Min Joon or Nari, but Min Joon and her friend will have to compulsory labor in 1 month. Just steping away from the principal's office door, Young Do grabs and threaten Kang Min Joon: "Because you’re a girl, so I will not beat you. But today I will never forget. Leave out of Jeguk if you do not want to receive my revenge. I’m not kidding”.

"Young Do ah, don’t care about her. We go to class.” - Nari pulls him away. Young Do asks: "What did the principal say to you? ... Why must she be punished so simplely? ... She used her powerful family to threaten you? ... Oh my god, Royal is nothing to be afraid ....”

Nari puts a her little finger to his lips as she wants him stop saying: "Enough, Young Do ah. Forget it, I'm okay, really. When you came to help me, I was very very happy. Thank you.”

Young Do looks fondly at her: "From now, I will always protect you”.

.........Nari wishes that all people will forget this, because she is afraid, afraid of her parents, afraid they will investigate the fact that she loves him .... and she will not be with him anymore ......