chapter 5

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 5: After all, who are you?

Part 5.1: Brave!

As every day, Nari goes to school from early morning. She is sitting on a stone bench in the corner of the school yard, holding a gift in her hand what she bought for him but daren’t give. Nari thinks about what Ji Ah told her few days ago. Is it true that she has changed, if in the past, she is never so coy. To front on him, she is not herself anymore.

See her sitting alone, Eun Sang goes to talk with her. Hearing the footsteps, Nari hides the glove hastily. However the haste and secrecy of her make Eun Sang mind. Eun Sang sits down beside her, gives bread to Nari: "Have you had breakfast? We can eat together.”

Nari says: "Thank you, I had" - She stands up and tells - "If you asked me about this happens, it just misunderstood. Now I have to go”.

Eun Sang doesn’t know what she did wrong, why does Nari always keep distance from her.

........

Nari is standing in the front of Young Do’s classroom. Nobody’s here. Now is still early. She is walking back and forth. She wonders.

.............

In coming class, almost all students are in here, except for some people often go late.

Young Do is coming, he is throwing the backpack down on the table, he suddenly realize a different thing.

He reachs into the table - a little gift box. He is surprised and thinks that it was wrong address. He wants to open it but Myung Soo snatchs it out of him: "Who gave you that gift?"

YD says: "Nobody. Maybe, send wrong people."

Myung Soo opens it and see a card, he reads aloud: "Give oppa, Young Do "- He continues: " No wrong. You have fangirl but you want to hide me."- Myung Soo is very curious what is inside of the gift.

Voice of Myung Soo is so loud that the class must notice, everyone is around Young Do’s table and wonders who gave him (Of course, except Kim Tan and Eun Sang).

Young Do keeps calm (looks like that but in his heart is very happy) snatchs out of Myung Soo’s hand. He see first-hand, so it can not be wrong, so who gave him? Myung Soo trys this glove on and says: "You are very lucky. When am I not FA (FA- forever alone)? Haiz ... Return it to you”.

Bo Na snatchs it again:" Let me see it. Genuine leather, subtle seam, elegant style. This girl is really observant eyes. Being authentic, sure the price about 100,000 KRW.”

Young Do holds this glove and says:" It is priced 289,000 KRW”.

MS: "Why do you know?”.

Young Do: "I wanted to buy it at the motor-store but I forgot my wallet. Because I was busy, so i had to leave.”

Bo Na: "It means that a girl who followed you and knew what you liked, so she bought it to give you. It’s so romantic”.

Chan Young jokes:" Have you still wanted to hide? When will you introduce her and invite me a meal”.

Young Do:"This is bull. Nobody. "- He glances at Eun Sang as finding her reaction. Young Do throws the glove towards Myung Soo: "I don’t need. For you."

Myung Soo is embarrassed: "Why for me, I daren’t take it." - He puts it again on Young Do’s table.

Young Do sees at Chan Young: "You take away."

Bo Na shouts: "No way, Chan Young can’t take the gift of other girl, except me. It’s your. If Chan Young liked, I would buy for him.”

Young Do becomes increasingly angry, he hates the peek-a-boo, he does not want to get anyone else's feelings. He shouts: "Dong Hae, take it."

Dong hae (A boy student in the same class): "I can not ....."

Young Do ‘s really furious when all people refuse him: "If you don’t take it,... beware of me.”

Dong Hae ‘s fear, he’s trembling and take this glove.

Eun Sang, she feigns not to care but it’s true that she heard all. When she saw the gift, she doubt. And in the moments after, she realizes who the true owner of it. She knows that Young Do doesn’t want to accept a other feeling because of her. But Eun Sang doesn’t also want Young Do always remember the pains that she causes for him. She wants him to be happy, to be really fun, and have a new love. On the other hand, thinking of Nari, a little girl who is same group with her, is always disregarded. She doesn’t want Nari know that the gift she bought and took all the brave to give him with silent way that he refuses.

Eun Sang goes to the Young Do, she regains this glove from Dong Hae. Have no time for Young Do to react against, she puts it back into the Young Do’s backpack and says: "You should respect for people who gave you. Like or not, meet her and talk."

Young Do and everyone is shocked with Eun Sang. Kim Tan, too.

Young Do frowns: "I said that you didn’t bother me. You know who gave, how do I know who gave it to me". He takes into his backpack to throw it away, but Eun Sang brushs his hand aside: "Don’t, I beg you."

Kim Tan goes to pull Eun Sang: "You do not care about him."

Incidentally, Bell ring ...... The teacher is in class.

Everybody is automatically on their site.

Young Do is looking Eun Sang and sneering.

Myung Soo turns down to say: "If you want to know who the girl is, watch CCTV." .................





 

Part 5.2: Do you like her?

Today in this class, Nari could not focuss the lesson. All school was scrutinizing her, the boys asked curiously about Ji Ah, and the girls is more gossip, envy of her. So is Chae Rim, on the way to the canteen, she keeps on inquiring Nari: "Who is the pretty girl? Why do you know, Nari?"

What Nari spend all her brave to give Young Do (although it’s secret) was enough to get her be headache. Now every people asks her about "The - model - Ji Ah". She mutters in her head: "Ji Ah, Yoo Ji Ah, I will never forgive you."

Despite of trying to silence, but Chae Rim doesn’t keep on asking, Nari has to be hum to through this story: "She is my friend in the primary. Incidentally, I met her  and we had a common interest, so we became closefriend. Moreover, the boss of my dad is friend with Ji Ah’s family. I only say that to you, do not tell anyone. Now I’m very hungry. Hurry up, go to the canteen”.

But it doesn’t finish, suddenly Nari meets Myung Soo. When he sees her, Myung Soo laughs: "I found you. Can you give me the phone number of Ji Ah? " - (Actually Myung Soo wants to get acquainted with Ji Ah’s beautiful friend - XX).

Nari looks him and sighs:" Again, I do not know, i do not know. Plz don’t ask me again”.

Myung Soo: “Please, please… Oppa voices why do you refuse? What do you want me bribe.”

Nari pulls Chae Rim away and says:" I said that i do not know. Don’t bother me anymore”.

Myung Soo is surly and when Young Do comes here, he is anger on Young Do: "You, you. Because of you, i don’t any way to contact with my baby”.

Young Do frowns: “Are you mad? Why is my fault? How does this girl have that you like her?”

Myung Soo:"Because you weren’t attention, if you had done, you would have known how she is the beauty. In your mind, just only Eun Sang, Eun Sang…..”

Young Do hits at Myung Soo’s arm: "Do you want to twaddle? If you need her number, I will get it for you. Okay?”

Myung Soo’s eyes light up: "Really? How? Nari is too stubborn to get information from her”.

Young Do doesn’t say anything. He walks to the canteen. Seeing Nari and Chae Rim are choosing dish, he goes to her and jostle with heri for food what she wants. Nari looks at him, and ignores him, she turns to tell Chae Rim: "We will sit there. I have enough food." (Actually her plate has very little food)

Young Do sees Nari: "You’re also diet.... Okay, you have to sit with me…”

No let Nari reply or react, he pulls her hand sit down on the nearby table.

Of course, this action makes every student be attention and stunned. A few whispers: "What? Young Do is back", “It serves her right! A poor girl as her should leave from school as fast as possible"," YD takes aim at her, her life will be hell in Jeguk ".....

Chae Rim is very worried about Nari, she does not know what will happen with her ​​friend. She is afaird that Young Do will bully Nari. Eun Sang is having lunch with Kim Tan, she wants to help Nari but she is prevented by Kim Tan and he tells her that she should wait and see what will happen, Young Do is not people who bully girl.

Myung Soo puts his dish on the table and sit next to Young Do. He whispers in Young Do’s ear: "What are you going to do?"

Nari is surprise, she asks him: "What do you want?"

Young Do answers: "Have lunch and talk."

Nari looks at him and calmly replies: " As I know, the richer as you is taught how to behave in life. So this is way that you invite someone. Okay, I will forgive. " - And she enjoys her lunch.

"Give me phone number of your friend who went to school the previous days. What is her name? "- Young Do laughs and asks her. Myung Soo reminds him: "Ji Ah, Ji Ah"

"Oh oh, Ji Ah, Can you give me Ji Ah’s phone number?" - Young Do still asks her.

This question make ​​her be so surpised, fortunately she can restrain her feelings. She does not understand why Young Do is also excited with Ji Ah.

Nari lets chopsticks on the table. She is a stern look and asks him: "Myung Soo also wants to know, you wants to know. After all, what’s reason? I do not know. If i know, i don’t want to talk. Do not put me in your crap”.

Myung Soo purposed to explain, but Young Do says," Myung Soo asks it for me, who need her number is me. So I asks you the last time, you say or no "- Young Do throw his cellphone on the table and wait for Nari.

Her heart becomes unrest and upset: "Why do you need it? Are you like the boys in school, harass me because you want to get acquainted with Ji Ah. You like her, want to flirt with her”.

Young Do: “If I said I like her, you would tell me? Yes, I like her, she's beautiful "- He pushs phone to closer her - "Hurry up, I do not have much time to gossip with you”.

This time, Nari is really angry. She hurt because….from the mouth of man who she loves that he said an other girl was pretty and he likes her, especially this girl is her friend.

Nari throws a plate to the floor. The plate breaks, and this sound of plate is as her mind - bitter. She takes his phone, writes the number and throws it in front of Young Do, she says: “You’re one guy just like the other guys. It’s ok, make you happy." - She chokes back and leaves.

Everyone is surprised at Nari, why she dare behave like that. YD laughs: “She isn’t really fear anything. Her friend is mad, and so is she. Just a phone number. Hey, Myung Soo, it’s yours. Remember to repay me for my kindness." - He gives his cellphone to Myung Soo and eats. Myung Soo takes, he saves this number, his eyes seems satisfied: "Thank you. You’re really good. Young Do, you’re no. 1”.

Really, seeing this happen, Eun Sang is intolerable. Although Kim Tan prevents her because he does not want her relate to Young Do, she comes in front of Young Do and says: "Why did you behave that with Nari, she didn’t do anything with you. Apologize to her.”

Young Do doesn’t want to look her face: " What’s happen with you today. During the morning, you always meddle in my affairs. You should care you and Kim Tan. Do not care about me, I told you. What I did with Nari, it does not relate to you”.

Eun Sang purposed to continue but he left. He do that - a cool way - ​​because he does not want her to occupy his heart again. He tried to forget her.

YD goes to the terrace with mixed feelings, he doesn’t want to think about Eun Sang: "Please do not talk to me anymore."




 

Part 5.3: Suddenly, it’s rain.

Young Do....in the terrace. This moment, he wants to be quiet and alone, deletes Eun Sang’s imagine and everything what she did with him. Is it too difficult to forget a person? Suddenly, from the other side of the terrace, has a soft sound. He approachs curiously to see who has broken his silence moments. Oh, it’s Nari, she is crying. Young Do feels odd, he just wants to ask for the phone number, why she cries. He purposed to speak, but he hears the phone ringing, is of Nari.

Don’t know who is calling her, Young Do listens some words that she answers jerkily, and she is angrier: "Let me be. Don’t care me .. I'm fine ... I remember it all, do not remind me about it anymore ..."

Young Do can not hear clearly because her voice was obscured by the crying. He doesn’t also understand what she said.

Suddenly, Young Do realizes Nari throw her phone on the ground, it shattered. He is shocked.

Bending down to pick up the phone of Nari, he says: "How do you do, it's broken and do not use anymore. The phone is very expensive. People who belongs to social welfare group as you, should carefully conserve it, because it's not easy to buy”.

Nari is surprised to see him. But in a moment, she suddenly changes her feelings. She snatchs it out of his hand, says coldly: "Don’t meddle in my affairs. It is mine, i want to do whatever with this phone, it is my right”.

Young Do holds her back when she want to leave, he talks softly:" Why are you crying? I just want a phone number. Do not want to hurt you. But if you felt angry, I'm sorry”.

She brushs Young Do’s hand aside.

.............But a rainfall occurs, it cames as a sudden and wants to delete the sorrow in his heart, delete the tears is dropping on her cheeks. And the rain as hold her steps, take her back him.....

Nari looks up to the sky, lets all the rain being torrential and making her hair, her skin wet. Young Do pulls her away: “Are you a kid who wants to bath with rain? Quickly, follow me if you do not want to be sick."

How he behave towards her, it makes her be so funny. He has just said that he liked Ji Ah, so now why he is concerned about what she did. Nari shouts: “Let me alone."

He lets her and says: "Ok, if you want it." - Young Do also does not disregard her anymore, but he realizes the strange at her, he points his finger at her face and asks: "Oh why is your face like that? This....."

Nari is afraid and touches her face, she is in a panic and flees: "No, nothing at all."

Under the cold rain, Young Do sees her shadow, laughs. He mutters: "Interesting"

...................

 

Part 5.4: Go to find the answers

Seems this rainfall has completed the task excellently. Young Do’s feeling is much better. He is interest in new finding.

Quiet space, all students were seated in class. He goes to the hallway to get new clothes from his locker. Again, he sees Nari - short hair and soaked uniform, smooth skin and rosy cheeks. She is sneaky, looks before and looks after, and takes a bag out of her locker. He watches curiously.

Nari turns into the women's toilet, no one is in there, she closes the door. Seeing this, he must stand outside to wait for her. Looks like, Young Do hears her say, "uncomfortable", she mutter something but he is not clear. Then, everything returns inherently quiet.

A moment later, he see the door open, he quickly goes to the man’s toilet is next here. Nari goes out. He peeks her wearing fitness unifrom, she still hold this bag. However, in her body, her hair seems to erase all traces of rain. Especially, her face is still ugly as before.

Young Do gives a chuckle of delight. Wait for Nari go out, he walks quickly into the women’s toilet. Young Do looks around. No found, no, he thinks: "There is no electrical outlet, i did not hear the dryer. Why .... Oh my god ... " Young Do is excited that he leave it to change wet clothes.

............

After school, Nari rushs to go to the phone store by bicycle. She need to buy a new cell phone soon. Because in moments of anger, Jong Suk called and badgered her. Now there is nothing to contact, while she has also many important works.

Third in the day, Young Do meets accidentally Nari. One is on the terrace, second is in the hallway, and now he sees her go from the mobile store. Also hard to blame because Nari is careless when she buys it at the store near the school.

As soon as, Nari takes the bicycle, Young Do stands in the way of her by his motorbike. He asks: "How much one month's salary you earned? Maybe good. You have just broken the expensive mobile and now you have enough money to buy other one cost than 500,000 KRW. Do you really belong to social welfare group?”

Nari is so amazing to see him, she awkwardly explains:" You are wrong. My phone is being repaired, they give me this mobile for temporarily use”.

Young Do looks her and mysteriously smiles: "How will you explain about the bill what you are holding, and you will say that a kind peopel gave you or this is the old mobile. Oh the rich guy or your friend - Ji Ah. They transfers their money to you be really fast”.

Nari is fear: " You’re not curious about my life”.

Young Do says: “Because you have too many secrets what I enjoy”.

She daren’t justify what she is charged by him. Nari goes to where she does part-time.

Young Do, he doesn’t give up, he follows her all evening. But the outcome what he found just like the last time. He sees her that after finishing work, she comes immediately back little house. Still the woman who Nari called mother, opened the door. He is puzzled. The night spring .. after rainfall….is very cool. YD is sneezing and leaving.....

.....A strange day ends, Nari is in home, no time to rest, but she has a call. She listens, is Myung Soo. She suddenly remember that this afternoon she gave wrong number to Young Do. It’s hers, not Ji Ah. She hurrily gets off the phone....,

This night  Nari wonders why Myung Soo called, not Young Do, he said he liked Ji Ah .... And this night she can not sleep, Myung Soo sent many message and call  ... though she didn’t answer, Myung Soo didn’t stop .......


 

*** Coming soon: Chapter 6: What i don’t want ***