Chapter 6

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 6: What I do not want

Part 6.1: Swap

Since Young Do discovered different something from Nari, she hasn’t seen him. Young Do hasn’t gone to school for 2 days. She wonders what happened to him. Be walking on the hallway, Nari recognizes Myung Soo is in front. She approaches curiously tabout to ask about Young Do but Myung Soo is talking on the phone. She listens ...

Myung Soo: "Young Do. How are you? Have you been sick or not? After finishing school, I'll meet you .... I have many story to want to talk with you... What things? So many.... Fristly, i found all guard room but i couldn’t find the CCTV’s video tape that day and could not know who gave sneakily to you. Like it was totally non-existent. I also interrogated the security guards, but no one knew where this video was, who took it,..... And do you know? I’m so angry. I phoned and text through many days but Ji Ah did not answer. Was she arrogant with me? She thought that i wanted to flirt with her. No way, I just want to see my baby who went with Ji Ah ... Is it hard? Oh, may be, Nari lie me, she gave us a miscellaneous numbers”....

Chatting with Young Do, Myung Soo turns back, He realizes Nari. "We’ll meet later" - Myung Soo gets off phone. He grimaces and tells Nari: "How long have you stood here? Do you want to eavesdrop on me?"

From start to finish phone, Nari’s feeling is confusion. She is glad that the people wants Ji Ah’s number be Myung Soo which means Young Do not like Ji Ah. She also wants to laugh because Myung Soo wants through Ji Ah to get acquainted with another girl. And she is worried, really worried for Young Do’s health. She falteringly replies: "I, I doesn’t eavesdrop on you. Incidentally, I pass through here. I don’t hear anything and also not understand what you said”.

Myung Soo warily looks at her:" Is it true? So, the number that you gave me why your friend didn’t answer?”

Nari curiously asks: “It’s true number of Ji Ah. And the reason why she does not want to answer your phone, i can’t know that. And ... Your friend, Young Do, why was he ill?”

Myung Soo: "Why do you want to know?”

Nari: "Oh no, nothing. Normally I see him be very strong. But he was sick,i feel surprise. Joke. I have to go to library.”

When she turns to walk, Myung Soo calls her:" Wait, Is it true that you gave me Ji Ah’s number? Swear.”

Nari hears that, she is a sigh of relief that he does not continue to ask her why she is concerned about Young Do, she replies: "Really, if you do not believe, you can call back. I am sure that Ji Ah will answer."

MS dials, he says: "You’re younger than me. So, when you talk to me, you should be polite, Ok”.

Phone rings, …..Nari runs scaredly away from Myung Soo.

.......

“Yeobosero, Ji Ah?"- Myung Soo is so happ because this time, Ji Ah answered as Nari told.

After a moment of silence, she voices: " Yes, Ji Ah. Why do you bother me? I did not want to hear your phone but you’ve still called to annoy me. I do not have time or excited to make friend with you. Do not call again". - Nari is standing on the terrace to answer the call of Myung Soo. That's life, “We have gone too far to draw back”. Naturally, she gave the phone number to Young Do but it is hers. The truth is finally that Myung Soo needs it (not Young Do) - a lovely guy but very troublesome. Nari have to pretend reluctantly to be Ji Ah.

Muyng Soo hears that, he feels angry, he wants to scream in the phone: "Do you think I want to get acquainted with you? Don’t dream. No way. I call you because ... "- He talk smaller and smiles: " ... Plz give me your friend number. The girl went to the trade center with you.”

Nari wants to laugh. But she pretended to be Ji Ah, so she must be same with Ji Ah’s personality. "What? Are you kidding me? No, i won’t give you” - She says

Myung Soo: “Please, I will give a presents to thank you. Whatever you want, I will buy”.

Nari suddenly remembers that Young Do is sick. She does not know why she says: "If you send me Young Do’s number, I will give you my friend number”.

Myung Soo: "Oh God, why do you she want Young Do's number? I said that you and he is very well together, but you and he always deny that. Okay, but how do I believe that you will send back”.

Nari: "So, stop. I get off”.

Myung Soo: "Okay, okay, send SMS”.

Nari sighs, a tired day with her ...... A few seconds later, Myung Soo keeps promise, he sends her the phone number of Young Do. And she, she does not know how to do.

Because confusion number, she feels headache. Everything is just troubled. Nari pretends to be Ji Ah, and now Ji Ah has to pretend to be her beautiful friend. Nari wishes that everything has soon finished. She calls Ji Ah to ​​ask for help. Maybe it will be fine, JA will deal with Myung Soo without revealing this secret......

….Today, sky is blue and cool. But he is sick. Why, or that day he was wet because of the rainy, and in the evening he didn’t come back home and he waited her in the street, so he got a cold. Nari ponders, her heart feels repentant and extremely anxiety ....



 

Part 6.2: He meets with her.

Two days, Young Do hasn’t gone to school since he discovered the strange from Nari, be wet through then followed her in cool night. He is tired to get up, goes into the bathroom and changes the other clothes. Going down the gate hotel, he calls the driver to take him to the trade center. Young Do wants to go for walk to enjoy fresh air of the spring. If he was still be home but he hadn’t anything to do, and his friends went to class, maybe he would be crazy. Now the school finishs about three hours but Myung Soo hasn’t came to meet him, he has to go for walk alone.

In spite of being late afternoon, but still be in week, so the trade center is deserted. Young Do stops before the jewelry store.

A shop-assistant asks him: "What do you want to buy? My company has a new collection, you see this couple ring, it is latest. Surely, your girlfriend will love it."- and then she gives him a couple rings that she introduced.

Young Do: "I do not buy for my girlfriend." - he points at earrings and says - "I want to buy for my mother. You can show me this earrings, and this…”.

She smiles and gives him see, she also constantly introduces that it is made ​​from platinum, diamond, or pearls,....

Young Do doesn’t care, he sees and wonders what he should buy for mom..............

Meanwhile, XX (Ji Ah’s friend that Myung Soo wants to get acquainted with) she is going for walk in this trade center. She sees him, a boy is choosing in the women jewelry store.

She has looked at him silently for a moment, then she comes and says: "I think you should choose this earrings for your mother." - She points at the earrings with pink pearl - "Pearls originated from the sea, and the sea is also the symbol of mother. The white diamonds that surround, mean as is eternal, eternal love of children for their mother. That is a sense of who designed this earrings, isn’t?”

Young Do turns back to look her, both he and shop-assistant are very surprised.

Young Do: "Yes, great. Thank you. "- He turns to the shop-assistant and says - "So, i will buy it”.

After paying a bill and receiving the earring, he leaves and forget XX as he has never known her.

She stands here, still look his gesture. She finds that he was thiner, his face look paler. Suddenly, she calls: "You, .."

Young Do stops to be back: "You called me, what's?"

XX: "Do not you remember me?"

Young Do: "Have we met each other? Where? This is not the first? I do not remember. Sorry”.

She forces a smile:" I'm not enough impressed to other people miss me?”

Young Do wonders:" What did you say? I do not understand”.

XX: "Last sunday, here, I went with Ji Ah. Do you remember?”

Young Do: "Oh. Is you. Who Myung Soo mentioned throughout the day. Finally, i meet you. "- He steps closer to her, see carefully to know how beautiful she is that Myung Soo -  his friend - alway praises her.

"Yeah, She is also pretty" - he thinks. Suddenly, he realizes, he says: "You, your eyes looks like a person who I have met."

XX asks: "Who?"

Young Do shakes his head: "Do not remember, just very familiar." - He smiles - "I have to go. Myung Soo likes you  who went with me that day, as you went with Ji Ah. You remember to response his love to be kindness. Once again, thank you for this suggestion”.

She looks at his appearance, fade away.  She smiles bitterly.

...........

After coming back from the trade center, Young Do goes to house of his mother. He gives her a gift what he bought and wears the earrings for mom. She looks him affectionately: "You are still ill, do not go out. Be careful, you can be more ill. And you needn’t to buy gift for me. Sitting here and waiting, I will cook rice porridge for you”.

So long time. Now his heart is as warm. Gentle and loving.

-----

XX, She goes to Ji Ah’s house. Throwing Hermes handbag on the bed, she lies back, says: "I’m so tired. My face is not impressed that he can’t remember me, isn’t?"

Ji Ah is sitting on a nearby chair and manicuring her nails, she talks: "Maybe he is gay, so he doesn’t have any feeling when he looks pretty girls as us."

XX sits up and frowns at Ji Ah: "Ji Ah. Don’t talk rubbish”.

Ji Ah calmly responds:" Don’t yell with me if you want me not help you”.

XX lies back on the bed again, tiredly replies: "Okay, you win”.







 

Part 6.3: Do not bother me anymore.

After delicious dinner by his motherself and a long sleep, Young Do feels better. Like every time, he drives motorbike to school in the morning.

Arrival, Young Do is running to find Nari. With him, she is as a new game that he wants to explore. When he meets Nari be going to the library, he quickly stands in front of her to make her not to come in. Young Do teasingly smiles, he crosses his arms on his chest to prevent her and the other students intend to go into or come out of the library.

Despite trying to push him away (but can’t), Nari says angrily: “What are you doing? Just get over an illness, now you want to go to school to disturb. Get out!”

"So what? Who dare say about me?"- Young Do challenges all people - "Want me to get out? Well, you tell me. How was it?”

Nari is embarrassing when he still remember the story that day, she replies: "Nothing to explain. Get...Out.”

Young Do laughs: “Obediently follow me if you don’t want your secret that you want to hide, will expose in front of many people."- He whispers into her ear.

Nari is surpised with looking him. But he has gone, she does not understand what he knew about her secret. She feels afraid and follows him.

All students in school watch them and laugh. Everyone thinks that Young Do is bullying a people belongs to social welfare group is her - Nari........

…….

His steps is long, too long. He goes from one place to another in school and ignores Nari. By the time too tired, she stops and yells: "Young Do, eventually where do you want me follow you to go? If have nothing, I wil go”.

Young Do turns back and be amused: "We’re almost there. You should be silent and follow me if you want me to call everyone and tell them knew your secret”.

Nari stammers:" Secret, what’s secret? I have no secret at all. Don’t deduce.”

Young Do shrugs, he leads her to go to the terrace. He locks the door and turns to her.

Nari is puzzled: "What do you want? Why do you have to lock the door?"

Young Do: "Precaution if someone will interrupt the conversation between me and you" - He is excited in saying - "Come on. Tell me. Who are you?. I've seen it all. You still remember, 3 days ago, on this terrace, that day is rain. You say or let me”.

Nari fears she runs toward the door:" I told you nothing secret in here. I have to go to class. It’s almost time to study”.

"You're so stubborn"- Young Do chases her, his hand jerks her ​​hair.

In the gentle wind, Nari’s hair hangs down. Her brown hair is glittering in the morning sun, smoothly long. She turns to look at him fearfully, and he is also amazed at her. This moment their eyes meet each other. Nari voices to brake the quiet air: "What are you doing? Give me back" - she snatchs the periwig out of Young Do’s hand and flees. She wants to get away from him, really fast. Young Do is too unexpected,  he doesn’t know what he should do or say. He sees her.

.......

After school, Nari goes to work. She feels bad because Young Do knew, what is part of her appearance.

When coming the noodles restaurant “Love”, she realizes that Young Do is there, he waves and smiles with her. Nari looks boringly, she goes to dessing room to wear a apron and walks to him: "What would you like?"

"Why do you talk to customer like this? Shall I call your boss to teach you how to be behaivour with customer? "- Young Do glibly responses

Nari grimaces: "Why do you come here? It is best to forget the story this morning”.

Young Do: "Forget. I can’t. It is too interesting. You do not pay attention to me, just do your job. Oh give me a bowl of ramen.”

Nari sighs and returns to work.......

……..

It’s getting dark, Young Do is still sitting in the little restaurant to wait her. Nari cleans everything neatly and prepares to come back home. She rides bicycle, he rides motorbike; they goes together on quiet road.

Can’t pursuing persistently of him, she stops to yell: "Do not follow me, please. Why do you always have to pay attention to my personal life. You’re too free and nothing to do”.

Young Do stops motor and stands front of her:" Yes, the life is too boring, but you are so .... exciting. "- His eyes look deeply at her eyes, as he wants to seek to read her mind. He continues: "Your hair is periwig, and the freckles in your face isn’t also true. Don’t you feel tired when every morning you’ve waked up and concealed your true face? The level make-up of you is also great, looks like the real. I wonder why you had to make ​​yourself be ugly”.

Nari looks away to hide his eyes:" Because I want to be the peace, you do not care about me anymore”.

She purposes to climb the bicycles but he grabs at her. Young Do is more excited: "You remove your glasses for me to see your real face." - He snatches her glasses and her periwig on her head although she tries to protest agaisnt.

Young Do sees at this glasses, he continues to joke her: "Oh my god! It’s 0 degrees, you’re not myopia."

Seeing her to be silent a long moment, he looks up at her. Suddenly, he recognizes her,  her tears is dropping on her cheeks. He is always afraid of the girl crying. But today he sees her crying again. He is awkward: "Hey just kidding, why ‘re you crying?"

Nari shouts: "You’ve gone too far. Go way. What you need is care about Cha Eun Sang - your first love. And I, nothing, so do not care about my appearance or my family. Do not bother me anymore. I don’t want to see your face. Go....away!.”

Young Do looks at her coldly, he threws things to give back her and leave. And she, she regrets everything what she said.

Today is a day that she pushs him away from her life. Further .... In the garden with many kind of flowers blooming and scenting, Nari cries. Now, the garden that she always loves and cares despite beautiful, it isn’t mean anything with her. She just wants to destroy everything. Her mood is empty and painful ..... The long hair flying in the night wind....



 

Part 6.4: The date at the coffee’s

From that evening, Nari said to Young Do that he went away, she hasn’t had any chance to meet him. Everyday to school, she hasn’t seen him follow her to joke her anymore, or if she meets him, he will pass her by as he’s never known her. His personality is that - cold, ruthless - she is nothing of him, and also not people who he needs for his life. So, when she tells him to go away, he will leave without regret. These days, as she wished, her life in school has gone by peacefully. Sometimes there are a few whispers to be envy and contempt for her, but inherently, Nari does not care .... She hurts.

..........

About Myung Soo and Ji Ah. After all these days, he called her and everything that Myung Soo received, just only is the cold of Ji Ah - who he always thinks is XX - the lovely friend of Ji Ah.

But today has a strange and unexpected, when Myung Soo called to invite her to go out, she immediately agreed.

Myung Soo: "This afternoon, after the school. Would you like to go out with me?"

Ji Ah: "OK"

Myung Soo: "Really. Do you agree? So, where will i pick you up?”

Ji Ah: "Needn’t. Where do you want to meet. I will come there myself.”

Myung Soo: "The Prince coffee. Ok”.

Ji Ah: "After school I will .... Oh, you call Young Do to go with us.”

Myung Soo: "Why must i call him? This is a date of us. Only you and me”.

Ji Ah: "The girl must be shy in the first date. You invite your friend, I invite my friend. Will be fun. "- She smiles mysteriously in the phone.

Myung Soo: “But, why is Young Do?”

Ji Ah: "Why do you wonder so much? I said you called, you call”.

Myung Soo: "He won’t come, Young Do doesn’t like to meet girls like this”

Ji Ah: "So ,you lies him. Certainly, Young Do has to be in”.

Myung Soo: "What?”

Ji Ah: "Ah, I will introduce a girl, is my friend, she likes Young Do”.

Myung Soo: "You mean to be Ji Ah.”

Ji Ah:"Just take him go there. You'll know who she is"- she laughs

Myung Soo: " Ok, but when will you tell me what your name is? Or you like when i call you is honey and baby?”

Ji Ah: "I said. This afternoon, you remember to take Young Do be there, I will tell you. Haha”.

It's strange their phone, Myung Soo is excited in the date and also really confused why she wanted Young Do be there.But ok, just meet her, he feel happy.

.......

After school, Nari receives the call of Ji Ah. She has a rush to go to Ji Ah’s house and she is pulled to go out and not understand what is happening.

Young Do, he has came back home, Myung Soo calls him to ask for help but not say the problem. Young Do has to rush to go where Myung Soo is in. He brings a glove on the table that he forget it's what he does not want to receive, is what he always wants to find who gave him so that he gives back.

The 4 peoples goes to the date with thier ​​little secret.

........

Prince Coffee’s,

Young Do come in the coffee’s, he finds Myung Soo, until he see his friend sitting alone in the corner. He goes there and cryptically glances at Myung Soo, he says: "What’s happened?"

Myung Soo pats upon the chair: "Plz sit down, and we’ll talk."

Young Do sits down beside Myung Soo: "What do you want to do? I’m not free.”

Myung Soo sheepishly explains the reason that today he had a date with Ji Ah’s friend, but this girl wants him invite a other people, so he had to call Young Do. Hearing that Young Do is very annoyed and shouts: "I don’t have free time to go dating with you. I have many things to do. Bye.”

Myung Soo hastily hold Young Do back: “Don’t. Now if you come back home, you don’t also have anything to do and you will wash the dishes to help your father. Plz, stay with me”.

Ever since, Ji Ah and Nari go in the coffee’s. Ji Ah pulls Nari’s hand to sit on the chair that is in the front of Young Do and Myung Soo, before the amazement of two boys.

Myung Soo is surprised, he says: "Oh why are you? why are you coming here with Nari? Where is your friend?"

Ji Ah replies: "She is my friend" - she points at Nari - "Nari is my friend, who are you looking forward to meeting?"

Myung Soo: "No, I mean that is your other friend. The girl who went to the trade center with you, i met.”

Ji Ah glances at Nari, she says: "Oh this girl. Today, she will not appear. I’m prettier than her, so you shouldn’t wonder.”

Since Nari has met Young Do at the coffee, Nari is really embarrassing, she is happy and also feared to face him. She turns to say to Ji Ah: "Ji Ah, what is that? You….”

No time to finish saying, Young Do beats on the table, he stands up and tells: “Nonsense. If you lied me again, i would kill you". He leaves. Seeing Young Do’s attitude, Nari feels disappointed, she is polite and pretend tired and leave thereafter.

The dream date of Myung Soo failed completely. Myung Soo angrily calls the number that he thought it is of XX, at the same time the mobile of Ji Ah rings. She holds it and gives in front of Myung Soo. She laugh before his amazed. MS is really furious to discover when he knows the secret that Ji Ah has hiden for so long time been. He also leaves .....

 

 

 

Part 6.5: My real face

Leaving the cafe’s, Nari follows Young Do. Where he goes, she wil follow until it’s get dark.

Young Do is mad, he turns back and shouts: "Are you crazy? Why follow me?"

Nari says sheepishly: "I, I ... I want to apologize you. I'm sorry for that night I said that to you, I was not intentional”.

“You were right, there is no reason when I did that with you. It’s waste my time. I should thank you, you reminded me that I did not have free time to play with you. "- He sneers.

Her eyes looks at him stingily: " I'm sorry, really sorry. Do not be angry. I just want us be friend that you do not care who i am, how i am.”

Young Do: "Is friend? Let me say you know. Firstly, you’re younger than me, you can not be my friend. Secondly, friend that you want to hide all your secrets with your friend, it calls friendship. And finally is the most important thing, I'm just curious because of not knowing who you are, a poor girl or a Newly Rich, a people who always want to be ugly to hide everyone. That's it, now I'm not excited, so i don’t care you anymore. "- He stops to looks into her eyes and has thought for a long time - " But if you..... you want to be friend with me , so you do not hide your secrets with me. Speak the truth”.

Listening what he said, Nari is choking to ask: "Why do you always have to wonder this? I, ....”

Young Do interrupts:" Because I like it. You don’t want, ok, stop" . He turns away. Nari calls his name loudly, tears in her eyes: "Young Do, if you want to know my real face...." - she says and removes her periwig, glasses and finds cleansing tissue in her bag.

Young Do looks back, he is very surprised. Brown long wavy hair, her face, her lip and her eyes is so familiar. He stammers: "You, you are...."

Nari sees him affectionately: "Do you remember? The girl helped you choice the earrings for your mother, the girl that you did not notice when you firstly met in the trade center because meanwhile you had just wanted to talk to Ji Ah. The girl who he said to her that she must treat his friend well because he liked me. It’s me - Shin Nari”.

Young Do laughs:" Oh my god, can not believe "- he walks toward her - "Two peole is completely different each other, but that is same one person. Beautiful and ugly, rich and poor. Are you kidding me? So will you explain to me about your family?”.

Nari is sad: "I think that's enough, you knew my real face. About my family, you do not mind. Plz think that I am a Newly rich.”

Young Do sneers: " What? A peole has a frugal mom and lives in little houses that she uses Hermes handbag, Chanel dresses. You joke me. You said, anyway you should tell all. Who are you?”

"Knowing to do what? please do not ask me again "- she says.

But he still ignores her beg, with the fractiousness of Young Do, he puts pressure on her to tell the truth. Nari shouts: "I told you not to ask me anymore why you did not hear. Why do you always want to know my family? Why do not you wonder who gave this to you? Why? "- She points at gloves that he put into the coat pocket.

Young Do sees her surprisedly, he take the gloves and says: "This, you know whose it is?”

Nari bow down shily: "I do not think you'll use it, thank you ..”

Young Do is surprised and asks:" You mean is ....You gave me?”

Nari nods. she purposes to say but Young Do looks her coldly: "Maybe, you misunderstand my mind. I take it because i want to find a change to give it back. Luckily, I found. "- He s it in her hand - " Thank you for giving me, but unfortunately, I can not get. Sorry."

Tearsdrop on her cheeks again, one more time ...... This night, the sky is many stars…..

 

 

 

*** Coming soon Chapter 7: My love confession ***