Chapter 22

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 22: The house in Côte de Granit Rose

Part 22.1: Where i can find you

Over a past month, the health of Nari gradual transformation better. Today she can walk around the campus hospital, relaxs sun bathe and breathe fresh air. Ji Ah helped her sit down on the benches to rest, they were happily chatting together.

Nari: "Aigoo, much lying is too bored. I want to hospital discharge very quickly. Also clothes of the patient. Horrible, there is not a little fashion aesthetic at all. Aaaaaa, I was going crazy, Ji Ah.”

Ji Ah: “Quickly recovered. You think that only you feel bored. So am I because i alwways haev to go to the hospital to visit you.”

"Who forced you to do that you must to lament? "- Nari pout tease.

"Like it"- Ji Ah laugh, suddenly she inquired Nari - "Ah, your memory, you forgot all about Young Do, didn’t you? Now have you remembered anything about him?”

"Why do you ask me this? "- Nari sternly asked -" He's important sothat i have to remember?”

Ji Ah replied: "Oh no? I ask nonsense. You don’t mind, forget is good.”

Nari sighed, she looked up at the blue clouds in the sky. Suddenly, Ji Ah stammered: "Young ... Do". She was shocked to see his face suddenly appeared, eyes filled with anger, Nari said: "Again, You really tough like leeches. Why just like go around and bothering me?"

Young Do took her hand, pleading voice of grief: "Heard me say. That day is not like you think. Ri Ri, I'm sorry you.”

"What‘s game are you doing? "- Nari scream, she pushes his hand away. Just then, two guards of her from away running, they grabbed him, preventing Young Do approached her. Nari immediately hurried to come back room of hospital...... Ji Ah scolding voice rebuked Young Do: "You let her go. Nari did not remember about you anymore, you do not find her. Ask a forgive, or remorse, keep in your heart.”

Young Do looks back zone A where she was lying. Through the window, Nari looked down green campus of the hospital, where crowded patients, family of them and doctors walking. Whether the two of them had seen each other from a far distance like this, whether they realize the tears rolling down the lashes of each person ........

................

"I do not agree it, Nari. Insisted is no? Right, appa? " - Hyun Jung fierce opposition, he asked Jun Hoo - his father.

Jun Hoo: "Yes, i also did not agree. Your health was weak, You can not take such a long flight.”

"I just wanted to let everyone know this is because all you are my family. Agree or not, the decision is still "- Nari said sadly.

Hyun Jung:" This girl, why do you want to live in here?”

Nari: "I'm tired of life in Korea. Please, do not prevent me again. I just wanted to rest for a time. Appa and oppa don’t be worry, Hwang ahjuma will go with and take care of me. And the doctor will follow during the flight. No matter. About 12 hours is come to.”

"You’re stubborn, Nari"- Hyun Jung must nod and sigh to agree.

"Thank you "- Nari smiled -" Well, two you do not tell anyone about this, Jong Suk, Ji Ah …..all of them except father, mother, Hyun Jung oppa. I do not want everyone bothering me. Besides, in the company, i has authorized for mother. Appa, you tell her that she help me to manage company. When i return, i’ll takeover.”

Jun Hoo:" Yeah, about work, you needn’t be worry. SIB - your mother in the position of Chairman many tens of years, she always knows what to do the best for the company. Just as health and aging parents, not withstand the pressure of work, you quickly be well again"......

.........

"Ah, great, this scene that i like best. Woo Bin acting real soulful, so handsome. "- Ji Ah is sitting inside Myung Soo, watching intently, she incessant praise of the film was shown on television.

"Hey, I’m more handsome than him "- Myung Soo pretend pouting, teasing her.

Suddenly, footsteps running towards them, breath rushed, hurried voice:" Ji Ah, please, say me know, where is Nari?”

"Young Do, why do you know I'm here? "- Ji Ah surprised. She turned to look Young Do, then to Myung Soo who is at a strange expression, Ji Ah asked: "Myung Soo, did you tell to him know that i’m in your house?"

Myung Soo replied: “Ohm..ohm ... not me. Well Young Do, sit down here, i’ll take a glass of water for you. What do you want to drink?”

"Do not go anywhere, stay here "- Ji Ah angrily ordered, pulled Muyng Soo’ shirt back.

Young Do:" I find you all these days, but you always avoided me. Please let me know where is Nari?”

Ji Ah: “I said clearly to you, didn’t? I do not know, do not know where she went. Suddenly she disappeared in the hospital. She did not tell me that she was in where place.”

"Ji Ah, you do not hide me. Two you are close friends with each other, Nari can not be not say to you know that she's not moving anywhere. "- Young Do begged.

Myung Soo partakers to interrupted:" Well, you say to him know, and he won’t annoy us. And Young Do also regret and sorrow very much. Please, help him.”

"I did not know. I’m not lie. Nari did not say anything to me, she quietly disappear. I also asked Hyun Jung oppa but he also did not reveal a word, just say that Nari wanted to rest, do not be disturbed. "- Ji Ah yelled, she pointed her fingers to Young Do -" But if i knew, i would never tell him”.

Young Do:" Okay, so you guess where Nari is. You understood very clearly about Nari, you think that Nari can come to where. I want to see Nari to explain everything.”

Ji Ah:" You're crazy? You forgot that Nari not remember anything about you? As I said, let her go. You chose Yoo Ri, do not care about Nari anymore. Pay attention to your girlfriend.”

Young Do:" I do not love Yoo Ri, everything is misunderstood by Yoo Ri and Jong Suk. I really do not want to lose Nari, now I know that i love her”.

"Yoo Ri and Jong Suk? I do not understand. "- Ji Ah asked surprised. Listen to what Young Do said, she could not believe her ears. Ji Ah sigh: "Haiz, Jong Suk was so..., but can not blame him, because he's so in love with Nari. They are supposed to be a couple, now they maybe are a family if you don’t appear. You was only after people that the robbery took to heart of Nari. Which is partly due to you, if you dared to be honest with your feelings, do not fret to choose, then this will not happen.”

Young Do:" I know that, so I want to atone for my mistakes. You tell me know, please, Ji Ah.”

Ji Ah:" Do you know how many real estate that Shin’s has in around the world? How do I know exactly where Nari is?”

Young Do:" So you list all for me. I will go everywhere to find her.”

Ji Ah: “Crazier. Real estate has been known is dozens, not to mention her parents, her brother, and of Nari, and of sister-in-law of her, they have real estates be not known that I can not know.”

Young Do is tired, he sat on the couch. All these days, he rushed to find her everywhere in Korea, inquiring information from the relationships, he always be given their head’ shakes. Now to the last ray of hope is Ji Ah - her best friend - she also could not give him an answer. Maybe he lose her forever?.... Ji Ah's eyes flashed, as she suddenly thought of something, she said: "I remember now, her family has a house by the sea in the Côte de Granit Rose, France. Childhood, while living in Paris, every weekend and summer vacation that she used to come here to rest and relax. Nari very like this house, she told me every time there is sad, just come to here is all sorrow disappear. Maybe, Nari is there.”

"Really?"- Young Do fist her to be joy -" Thank you”.

Myung Soo pushes Young Do out and glared: "Hey, why you dare touch my lover”.

Young Do smiles:" Sorry. I go. Thank two you”.

Ji Ah told:" Hey, if you can see her, told to her that she quickly come back to meet me. Because of her, i  have to postpone my wedding, so she dare escaped but not say a word. And you made ​​her be sad, otherwise die with me.”

"I know "- Young Do waved to goodbye. He quickly find the address where Ji Ah said to meet her. He will go anywhere in the world where has her. Even if she had forgotten him, he would still pursue her, make her to love him again, make the loss of love is to start from the beginning. He can not lose her, the girl is most important in his life, who loved him more than herself, who brought laughter and happiness for him. He was wrong, and he could not continue further mistakes ... ..

 

Chapter 22.2: Old friend

"Ms.Shin, your health has not recovered completely, do not go too long. You remember to be back soon." - Hwang’ butler is reminding worrily.
"Yeah, I know. Ahjuma, do not worry. I take Becky to walk, Chae Rim also goes with me." - Nari smilé, her hands holding a small dog. This is the Samoyed dog with white fur, lovely, ....
The sun gradually falls, the sun shines weakly to the sea, rose granite and white sands. The scene of sunset is very beautiful. Nari shouts loudly before sea as disappear worries and sadness. She took the darling dog and run to play with sea wave and made her maxi dress and her bare feet be wet. When she feels tired, she sprawled down sand, his shining eyes looked up at the sky and watching the clouds drift, she spoke: "Chae Rim yah, thank you for taking the time today to myself."
"Why so polite. " - Chae Rim looks to the side, smiling at her - "Thanks you, i had be about time to rest. Almost days, i’m busy with two boy, so tired. But this, too late, we go home.”
Nari:"Well, tonight you through my house for dinner. Hwang ahjuma prepare many delicious dishes.”
Chae Rim: "Sorry. I have to be back Paris, a few hours my husband returns from a business trip. Other day.”

"Yeah, you really happy. I'm jealous of you. " - Nari stood up, she brushed the sand on her hair and waved Becky back. The envy of Nari also very accurate. Chae Rim can say is the luckiest girl. A friend of social welfare group in same highschool - Jeguk - with her. Although not the same class and only know each other in a semester but they still have a close friendship. 10 years after graduation, Chae Rim found a half of her life, French wealthy guy, romantic and loving her and two half-blood kids are crystalline their love. Chae Rim’s family has a house in Côte de Granit Rose next to Nari where they rest and relax after the stress in the magnificent city of Paris.
"Someday, you'll find happiness of her own. I'm home"- Chae Rim the silky fur of Becky, she waved goodbye to her friend. Winds in twilight is blowing and wet Nari’ eyes, whether Chae Rim said, it will come true, happiness will come to her. Nari slowly take steps to return ...
...............
Young Do steps to step back, he hesitated not dare to press the bell - a white lovely little house, with large glass windows and the curtains elegant vignette. Around the house is a beautiful garden with many flowers blooming. It's like fairyland. Suddenly Young Do startled by a voice coming from behind him. Two people were very surprised to see each other. Presence in front of him was Hwang’s butler, she was holding bouquet of flower has been cut from the garden. She asked him: "President Choi? Why are you appearing here?"
Young Do embarrassing replied: "I'm finding Nari. Ahjuma, is her at home?"
"No. You go away"- Ms. Hwang replied curtly and quickly entered the house. But hurrily Young Do keep her hands, he said: "Ahjuma. Let me meet Nari. Please, ahjuma."
Mrs. Hwang: "She is not here. Only me. You quickly let go of my hand . You dare be disrespectful to the elderly.”
"I'm sorry "- Young Do sheepishly replied  ... ...
...Suddenly, Becky barks loudly, it pulls Nari quickly ran to the door, standing in front of strange men . Nari gasped, she holds Becky in her hands, voice rebuked: "Becky, quiet. I’m too tired to chase to you."
"Ri Ri" - such a familiar voice from the past return. Nari looked up, startled, is that guy. The voice continues: “Finally I found you, Ri Ri. Why are you leaving? How is your health? And have you feel pain?".
"Again you. How can you find here? I've said many times do not follow me anymore. I do not know who you are. " - Nari frowned, she hugged Becky into the house, slamming the door. He circled back, tapping glass door: "Open the door for me. I’m Young Do. You can’t forget me."
He sighed and plopped down on the grass green and leaned against the door when see the cold curtain falls to hide inside of the house. Young Do knows although she remember or forget, this is still the way she behaved with him, it's hard to take her back with him ......
.............
" What is Ahjuma looking? Quickly eat, only me can’t eat all dishes" - Nari bewildered considered the strange expression of Hwang. She picked food into the mouth, handy to throw a piece of  meat for Becky.
"Ms.Shin" - The butler said, eyes still outward, restlessness - "Looks like Mr.Choi still not back. I saw his pale countenance, tired, maybe dinner is not eaten”.
Nari: "Don’t concerned about him. It is annoying. Why can he come here? So crazy"
Mrs. Hwang: "But it looks like it is going to rain. This season, in the sea often have heavy rain. I see the sky dark, no moon, no stars and have lightning."
"I do not care. He isn’t children to find shelter. Ahjuma, you don’t talk about him again. " - Nari snapped, she put the chopsticks on the table - "I’m full. I come to room before."
......... Hugging Becky to lying in bed, Nari reads a detective novel. Outside, the rain started falling, each time be heavier and drop on the floor through the window. Nari goes to window, leaning down to look around the garden, empty, no a shadow. She sighed in relief, close the window ......... The rain will help her erase memories tonight.....

 

Chapter 22.3: Memories never lose

Sunlight shining through the room, Nari frowned to wake up, her hand covering eyes from the blazing sunshine and walked into the bathroom and went downstairs. She smiled to Hwang ahjuma, rolled up her sleeves and help to prepare breakfast.
The butler: "Last night the rain was so heavy. Are you good sleep?"
Nari: "Yes"
Mrs. Hwang: "Mr. Young Do maybe came back. When it was rain, I looked outside but did not see him anywhere.”
"Uhm"- Nari superficial response. She did not want to think about this issue. Suddenly, the loud barking of Becky made Nari and Hwang ahjuma go to the garden behind the house. They wondered what happened in the early morning but Becky again is so loud barking, something that rarely happens here.
"OMG" - Hwang's ahjuma shouted fear - "Is Mr. Young Do ".
He is the reason for the backlash of Becky. On the bamboo chair was placed in the garden, where she often sat to watch the bright flowers planted by her own hands and smell the fresh scent emanating from it, Young Do is curled, trembling, pale lips, clothes and his body was wet all. His eyes closed, breathing weakly. Hwang's ahjuma approached him, touched his forehead: "He's so hot. Maybe he’s sick. It turned out last night, he was outside in the rain?"
"Quickly  help me take him up to home" - Nari panic run to him, she put his hand on her shoulder, helped him go, full of heavy footsteps but rushing. She gently put him down in bed, said: "Ahjima, give me a new clothes. Maybe, in the next room, still have a clothes of Hyun Jung oppa."
Nari carefully took off the wet shirt on him and use towel to dry his body. Mrs. Hwang quickly returned with new clothes, she told to Nari: "Let me do to help you”.
"Do not bother, I can do it. Ahjuma, cook a hot ginger soup for him". - Nari said softly. She is agile to change clothes for him. Brushing the wet hair on his forehead, anxious eyes to look at his face, Nari puts blanket for Young Do, she murmured: "This idiot, why must you torture yourself? Do you understand when i see you like that, i’m so hurt. When do you let my heart be peace, Do Do?”
- "Ms.Shin”
"Nari startled back, Mrs. Hwang stands here and surprised look her. Nari confused receive a bowl of hot soup from her. Taking each small tablespoon, she blows cold and put into his mouth. Young Do’s eyes still closed, he delirium, cough, in the dream he called her name ....
The butler still be here to watch Nari’s gesture, a moment later she asked curiously: "Have you remembered Young Do?”
She did not answer, just say a single sentence:" Ahjima, you can go out? ". Holding tightly cold hands, her head down on the bed beside him ......
..........................
Young Do stunned with the image appeared before his eyes, a pretty small room, simple and casual. He wondered where he was at. Then he is like to smell the faint aroma, feel the warmth from the skin and heart beats. He turns aside, she was sleeping. Young Do sees immersed this women, all the hope of miss, yearning, remorse can not be described in words. Suddenly, he found out the bottom of her chin to have big ugly scar, a part sequelae after accident. Laments, Young Do gently touch the scar. But he saw her move, he drawn his hand back, pretending lying and close eyes. Nari opened her eyes, she touched his forehead, was still hot, though better than before. Almost 3 p.m. She changes a other cold towel and cover on his forehead. Sighing, Nari go downstairs ......
"Mr.Choi still have not wake?" - Mrs. Hwang asked.
Nari sits a seat in the dining room, she sadly replied: "Not yet. He was hypothermia, but not wake up. I am so worried. Sleeping more than 7 hours.”
"Haiz, you should eat something. Since the morning you were busy caring of Young Do. Your health is also unstable. I cooked abalone porridge pot for him to regain consciousness. You also eat"- she said, she has scooped a bowl of delicious soup on the table for her. Nari reluctantly eat. Mrs. Hwang continued to ask: "Memory of you, have you remembered everything related to Young Do?"
Nari: "I did not forget."
Mrs. Hwang: "What? I do not understand".
Nari: "I never forget. Just because I do not want to remember, so i pretend to forget. Ahjuma, do you understand? If forget a people is simple, i wish i could lose my memory ... Thanks ahjuma, i finished eating. I went upstairs to see how he is.”
Hwang’ butler watched slim body of Nari, the girl that she took care from she was born and has always regarded her as the daughter of Mrs. It turns out the pain in her heart was bigger than the physical pain, it still persists follows her every day. This pain is the reason she wanted to escape this place and Mrs.Hwang can feel the pain hidden in her smile. Bowl of hot porridge still intact .....

Young Do pretend to close his eyes when noticed footsteps of Nari back to his room. She approached him, each line on his face. Anxiety, longing, love, anger, the different tones of mixed feelings in her. "Do Do, do you understand how much I love you?" - She whispered, fingers stopped at his lips. Suddenly, the longing of Nari strong resurgence, she unconsciously leaned down to kiss on his lips ... gentle and soothing. Young Do daze, he opened his eyes. Their eyes looked at each other, surprised ...... The sunlight of summer is shining brightly to small bed .......

 

 

Chapter 22.4: Ri Ri, do not cry

Nari fear, she quickly stand up. Embarrassed when he had woken up and discovered her sneaky kiss for him. Nari’s face turns red, she stammered to explain but did not know to say anything, and she ran out of the room. Mrs. Hwang surprised with her awkward attitude, hurried. Mrs asked: "Ms.Shin, what's wrong?" Of course, Nari can not answer, her whole body became hot and flushed. She sought to flee fast .....

Young Do sat up, what she said, he heard very clearly. She said she loves him, called him is Do Do, and this kiss, ultimately is why. Young Do smiles to understand the problem. Although body aches, malaise, he was forced to go down. He asked to see Mrs.Hwang: "Ahjima, Where is Nari? Do you know where did she go?”

Mrs. Hwang: "Oh, you woke up. I do not know where she went, sure in the garden or the beach.”

"Thank you "- Young Do smiled real big, he began to look where Mrs.Hwang said. Looked bewildered for a moment, he finally found her, sitting alone on the rose granite, the wind sea blowing her hair flying. He gently approached, watching her from behind, skinny shoulders.Young Do quietly sat down behind Nari, he smiled when she realized he.

"What's so funny?" - Nari shame faltered - "It’s because .... Haiz, why you regained consciousness and dare pretend to be not?"

Young Do: "If not, how i know you tricked me."

Nari: "Trick. Your mean .... You’ve heard all thing?”

"Yeah "- Young Do laughing -" But if you do not like it, i will considered i don’t know anything.”

"You kidding me ...". - Nari stood up, go elsewhere. Her sorrow because what she wanted to hide, he knew. Forget about him, it is difficult. Young Do not give up, he chased her: "Wait for me, Ri Ri. Along go home."

Nari did not answer, she stepped forward. But he keep up, he put arm on her shoulder, Nari stunned, she stared asked: "What are you doing? Take your hand out."

"Do not do that. Go home together." - Young Do coddle, put hishead on her - "Outside has cold wind that i still feel tired. If you not come home, so i can’t. My stomach was hungry again. Ever since yesterday morning, i ate nothing.”

"Okay, but take your hand before "- Nari scream, though inwardly she always merciful to him, he’s sick, she can’t be peace of mind…...

...........

Just returned home, Mrs.Hwang prepared dinner. Young Do enjoys happily, he did not forget to thank the delicious dishes that she cooked. Suddenly he thought of her as if to dispel the atmosphere of indifference that she is making. He desirably at her feet, saying: "Hey, Where did you find this costume for me? Reputation is director of the fashion company, the less you have to find out what suitable for me. See it, so weird, the pant is very short with me".

Nari just glanced without reply. Hwang’ butler saw it immediately say: "This clothes of Hyun Jung. Maybe because your leg is longer than him. You’re sympathetic, here we only have a few clothes of Hyun Jung. "

"Oh. Who you are people that changed clothes for me? Did you do anything with me?"- Young Do continues to joke her.

"Do you feel interested? I do not see anything funny all "- Nari glared, anger, she stood up and hugged Becky to room -" You eat alone, eat with you, i can not swallow. "

Young Do’s face is sad, her feelings for him still deep as ever, but not easy for her to forgive him, so that they can return to the happy days before.

"Haiz, why can she drink pills when she eat a little?" - Mrs. Hwang lamented.

Young Do: "How is Nari’s health, ahjuma?"

Mrs. Hwang: "Sometimes she has a headache, now can not carry heavy items. In general, her health is more weak than before, everyweek, she still meets to doctor to monitor the situation. "

Young Do: "Is my fault. Ahjuma, you hate me right? "

"If i say no, it's not. But I understand her, you is the cause, then only you can heal that wound. I just hope that you come here is not to hurt her again. " - Mrs. Hwang said and prepared a tray of food to give him - "Well, this is your cold medicines. Here's food and pills of her. Can you bring up for her. "

Young Do: "Yes, ahjuma. I will force Nari eat all Hehe ".

...............

The weather in end of summer, preparing for the cold winter, the night seemed to come faster. Now is about 7 p.m which was dark outside, Nari stood at the railing, watching the beach at night, ponder. "I can come in?" - Voice of Young Do resounded her ears, Nari looked back. Do not wait for her response because he knew she would not answer, he naturally went in, put the tray on the table, came to her and pulled her hand: "Hwang ahjuma asked me to bring it up for you. You remember to eat all to drink medication. Do not skip meals. Eat quickly. "

"Take your hands out, do not touch me" - Nari crossly, she threw two suits at him - "This is the pajamas of my brother. If you want you can wear or not, you wear your clothes. I washed it cleanly. You can sleep in the next room, now out of my room immediately. "

Young Do gentle smile: "Ok, I'll go when you eat all and drink medicine, okay?"

Nari: "You take care of yourself. Recovery and leave out of here. I do not understand how you can find here and what is the cause? But I do not need to know. Let the rest of my life. "

Young Do: "Ri Ri, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I knew I was wrong. I do not want to lose you. "

"Shut up, I do not want to listen to your lies. Out "- Nari shouted, her eyes full of anger, she pushed him out the door.

"Give me a chance. Please "- Young Do hug her, pressure his left hand on her cheek, his eyes looking straight into her eyes to begged and kiss her. Nari dumbfounded, stunned without protest. But not because of this kiss that because one thing she did not realize. Although during today she cared for him be sick, this ring still on his ring finger. Item is used to be proof of the love of her and him, the diamond still shining sparkle. However, it had no meaning at all, a half, ring of her had disappeared into this night, with her, love has ended. She snigger to think that this was a new cheat game of him. Nari pushed him out, she raised her hand to slap him but could not, she had to take her hand down. Heart pounding, breath hurry, Nari tried to say clearly every word: "Please, please, out quickly. I want to be alone ".

"Ohm, I'm sorry. But you remember to eat to be full and medication. You have to be healthy"- Young Do try to be happy, he picked outfit that she gave him then walked out and closed the door.

Nari hurriedly locked the room, she leaned against the door to sobbing and crying. She wanted to give up, want to forget but he always appeared and made her cry, grieve. How should she do? Love for him has gone too far ...... Young Do stands other side door, he put his hand on which to clearly felt the pain of her, he whispered enough for her to hear: "Ri Ri, do not cry. I love you, really love you ... "