Chapter 15

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 15: Face to face

Part 15.1: A meeting for the project Jeju JG

Today is the official conference of project Jeju JG center conference between the leaders of Jeguk, SIB and Zeus. Nari get up early in the morning to prepare dresses, makeup. She wants the second time to appear before him with a beautiful appearance possible. So that the butler Hwang laugh when bringing breakfast to her room: "Lady, a long time ago I see that you’re happy like that."

"Ahjuma, what dress is better for me? White, black or pink ones? "- Nari frowned with those choice.

Hwang:"You’re beautiful, so all things is suitable to you. I think you should have breakfast and then go to the company. If not, it’ll be late.”

Nari: "Beautiful? I see I’m getting old. Ahjuma look, my ​​eyes begin appear wrinkle. Haiz …”

Hwang: "So I was often told that you should get married soon.”

"I know that, now i’m trying to find a husband for me"- Nari eats a pieces of apple, she beamed.

..........

At the conference room of Zeus hotel, the staffs is busy to prepare paperwork, contracts, or presentations for the meeting. Young Do and Kim Won have been here sooner. Won adjust the tie on the shirt and said: "We just have to get her signature, this project will be successful about 70%. You and she studied the same school and knew the past, and hopefully that Shin chairman is able to help us. But not sure of something in business. Young Do, doing whatever possible to satisfy this girl. We would be very difficult to find a different investment who can spend such a large sum of money for the project Jeju JG."

Young Do silently sighed in his heart, what she intends to return with nominal be investment partners of him. He did not want that to happen, but he could not refuse, because "he will not find anyone to replace her" for this job. Emotions when he saw her, he must stop it, he needs to fulfill his presentations, the love should be aside - Young Do told to himself.

... ... The driver stopped the car before hotel door of Zeus, Nari calmly stepped off the car. She watched a scene here. 10 years, the hotel has had many changes in design. Yeah, 10 years, even if she changed. She also remembered, day of 10 years ago when the first time she walked through the gate to get to meet him there. That day, she was a school girl with long shiny hair, a rich lady, the daughter of Zeus’s enemy. 10 years later, she was back here the name of his investors, a young chairman with ​​short hair full power. But one thing will never change, her love ....

10 a.m, meeting begins. All the lights in the room are turned off, there was only the light from the projector and the screen. Young Do stepped up, loudly presentation about his project.

Suddenly, he stopped, confused when he touched her eyes. She smiled at him, he is handsome. 10 years, he is still no change, still handsome, elegant and seductive. She wanted to watch him forever. His face was flushed, the secretary reminded him about the presentation is unfinished. Young Do turned away and continued presentation the plans of project JG Jeju conference center. When the lights flashed back light is at the end, Young Do breathe a deep breath, he never felt so impatient.

"Well listen to great" - Nari said, her face cold - "But still there is a little defect, I do not know whether to trust it? Because I will never give money to invest but do not bring the highest possible profit for me.”

Young Do frowned and said: “What make you be wonder? You can give comments for me to fix. I am sure that you will not regret the investment and cooperation with us’.

"I need time to think. I will send revision projects back to you and request of me. The meeting can be end "- Nari quickly got up and left with her assistant.

Kim Won hugging his head, he muttered:" It's not easy.”

.........



 

Part 15.2: I hope that you'll agree

Kim Won quick run chase Nari, seeing she was about to enter the elevator, he called loudly: "Chairman Shin, please stop."

"Oh Chairman Kim" - she turned looking back at - "What happened?"

Kim Won: "We have prepared a feast, I really wish that you could take some time and have lunch with us."

"Actually, I have some work .... "- Nari annoyed when people want to keep her, whether because of work, is not he. She was about to go forward ... then a voice said: "I was hoping she would agree" - Young Do go forward, he frowned.

Nari beaming to see him, she yell with joy: "Really... But ... but ... if it is a truly why President Choi must.. frown ...?”

"I, I .... "- Young Do confuse, he surprises at her question.

Nari: "I'm kidding, okay. I agree. Assistant Park, you rearranged my schedule.”

Kim Won is too surprised, he could not understand about this girl’s personality. She was ready to refuse him, though he is brother of her friend, but quickly accepted the invitation of the Young Do immediately without thinking. He shook his head not to understand.

.......

The feast was laid out with lots of delicacies by the talented chefs of Zeus prepare.

Won: "Food has taste of you?"

Nari:" Very tasty, but no dishes i like.”

Won:"What dish? I will prepare now.”

"Ramen noodle "- Nari blinks toward Young Do, waiting for a signal from him. But he still calmly enjoying meals.

Kim Won roll eyes, he could not believe his ears, a rich chairman like her but she likes a popular noodle, he asked: "Really”.

Nari nodded: “Yes”

"Lie"- Young Do has cut the meat on the plate, said -" The favorite dish that you like is Foie Gras”.

"Ah"- Nari smiles mischievous - "Don’t belive that you still remember, Foie Gras is my most favorite dish."

Kim Won: "Oh Foie Gras? But, Young Do, why do you know this?”

Young Do raised his head, he blurted what should not say. Young Do does not know how to explain to Kim Won, he eluded: "Well, uhm, ... About the plan, have something wrong. You can tell me soon okay?”

"It is lovely"- Nari smiled, muttered

Kim Won:" What?”

Nari: "No. I mean I will respond later. You do not need to rush, President Choi.”

Kim Won:" We've really needed your help. Investment funds, we must have next month. I’m certain that you will not be any damage. I'll do everything you want if you agree to sign this contract.”

"But you’re not the person whom i want to do things for me "- she said and gaze wistfully toward Young Do .

"What do you mean?" - Kim Won did not understand what was going on in this room, Young Do and Nari always say outlandish things. Eventually something between them that he did not know.

Nari shrugged, she replied: "There is no reason to rush. Work is work. If this plan for project is perfect, I have no excuse to refuse. There are some things to fix, i will soon notice. In fact, now I'm busy for opening of my fashion brand in Korea. About 2 weeks, but i’m a headache for selecting location. A few places are recommended but not really exciting me. I want a place not only luxurious, spacious can hold a party and create a sense of comfort to the guests. And where has been a green space to mingle with nature as possible” ....

Kim Won:" Oh, Young Do, you have a resort in Changwon, haven’t? Now also preparing to cherry blossom season, where beautiful scenery immensely. You can let Nari borrow to host a show”.

Hearing Kim Won, Young Do just want that…. Won do not say this. Having another perfect excuse to face her. If he can, he is willing to refuse, but not, Young Do had pretended: "You can go there to look over the place, if you like, I agree."

"No need" - Nari respond immediately - "I believe in you and Won oppa, so bother President Choi" ......

And so, the end of the meal with ineffable joy of Nari. Just being with him, even ahead for work, Nari still happy. She will step by step, gradually pulling him back to her side, erased the embarrassment, coldness between them and to be able to take his hand on the way of her life. ......

 

Part 15.3: Plan of Nari

In sumptuous office, Nari hang up telephone, smiling mysteriously. She turned to say to the secretary: "Interesting. This plan is great?. I'm extremely excited”.

Secretary Song:" But I see there's something wrong. This is not working style of chairman. She's just a model of class B in Korea. And if now she started practicing for our show, i’m afraid that it won’t have enough time. This opening is extremely important, you should consider carefully not to affect performance.”

Nari:"I did not say that she would be participating in formal show. I just want her to know her position. And want to see the reaction of Young Do. Haha .... That the plan of Zeus, had you repaired yet?”

"Done, sir "- Secretary Song said Nari and take the brochure -" I edited at the request of the chairman. If there is nothing need to change, I will return it to Zeus.”

Nari receive the paperwork, she flipped the pages to see a superficial way:" Inherently plan of president Choi is perfect about 90% . He's a smart and talented people. I do that because i want to collaboration time is longer, if easily sign a contract, then I will not have any chance to be with him ... .. Ok, so good, but do not send Zeus until the premiere brand RDRF end.”

Secretary Song:" Yes, at 3p.m you’ll be meeting with Director General Wilson. I have to prepare, we can start from now.”

"Ok "- Nari stand up, leave the room. From day back to Korea, Nari busy, dizzy with work, meet partners, press, ..... too many things that she had thought so that intended for him were not able to done.

............

End call, Yoo Ri shouted happily. She tried to complete the shooting and ran quickly to the room of Director Lee - management company Sidus HQ. Bo Na look at the contract has been sent by assistant of director RDRF , she could not believe her eyes, why Nari want Yoo Ri participate in show. She hurriedly called to notify for Ji Ah. At this moment, Yoo Ri knock on the door and came in.

Yoo Ri: "Director Lee ...."

Bo Na: "Yoo Ri yah, I knew what you were going to say. Chairman Shin has given people who come here. This invitation is very interesting, but we need to think more.”

Yoo Ri:" Why? This is the position that many people dream of. I heard that day will be a lot of reporters and big in the fashion industry attend ... I really want to join, …”

Bo Na:" I know, the contract should be rethought. You should done the job quickly today ......”

Yoo Ri sighed, she did not understand why the most lucrative contracts ever that director Lee had to consider. This is an opportunity for her to rise to stardom in Class A and in the international fashion industry. But…. because Yoo Ri did not know a thing ...

.........

"Young Do kissed on cheeks of Nari, their faces are happiness" - Nari did not know how many times she was looking at this picture. Photos that she and he had taken in a photo booth in the street when two people were still together. 10 years, she always kept this picture and watch it whenever she remember him …...The sound of footsteps running towards her room, the door opened. Nari surprise, she quickly took the photo back into the box in the drawer.

Ji Ah goes towards Nari, she threw the papers down on the table: "Why did you do that?"

She looked Ji Ah then look at the contract: "Yah. Why hasn’t your company yet signed?”

Ji Ah:" This is the work, not the game. Why do you choose Yoo Ri?”

"What mean is what "- She laughed -" Because of the work, so i want to work with your company. Okay, this contract was a problem?”

Ji Ah:" There are no problems in the contract and the conditions and opportunities that you offer. But the problem is who you chose is Kang Yoo Ri. My company has many model, but you chose that girl.”

Nari: "Because I saw the talent in her.”

Ji Ah:" Talent? Really? Or because she is the current girlfriend of Young Do. I know what you think. But that girl did not know everything, you do not hurt her. It is not fault of Young Do or Yoo Ri.”

"Is my fault? "- She looked Ji Ah, eyes sharp as a knife -" So you mean. Fault because I left, I did not call or send messeger. Ok is all my fault. So hmy best friend let hubae become the girlfriend of the son i love. Thank you so much, Yoo Ji Ah.”

""How did you know this? "- Ji Ah surprise -" Don’t blame me. If you know Young Do had time so hard when you left. Yoo Ri is good girl and kind. Young Do deserve the best for him.”

"Haha, really? - Nari laughed - "Yoo Ri is good girl in the words you say, so I increasingly want to invite her to my show. Hope you can help me, consider the contract. I really needed her as Yoo Ri by this show is extremely important to me. No mean at all, I swear that i’ll not do anything bad to model of your company . Ok. If nothing, i’m going to have to do, we met later. At the time i hope that on the contract will have your sign and Yoo Ri”.

Ji Ah watched the shadow of Nari was taking the clothes in the closet and into the bathroom, slamming the door. Ji Ah wonder, 10 years, sometimes she also met Nari in the US but increasingly she could not understand Nari. A long time, Nari hadn’t said about the love for Ji Ah. 10 years, not once Ji Ah hear Nari mention Young Do, she thought that Nari had forgotten him. But Nari return and appear before Young Do and made Ji Ah can’t doubts. She understands she is an outsider in the story between them and no right to interfere, she just wanted to avoid the worst for her friend. Ji Ah left, her footsteps become sightly, the room seemed quiet ...... ..Nari opened the door, she saw a large space and quiet are coverd her. She burst into tears, crying as if her heart is torn. As she was wrong? No, can not? If 10 years ago she did not leave, between them would not have a future at all, Jong Suk, her father, his father would not let them be together. Why anybody does not understand, why all people balme her, why he didn’t wait her as she waited him, why choose a different girl ... even if she had said "he can" .... but now her heart ached. She did not want to lose him ..........

 

Part 15.4: Where the love start

A few days later,

"I hope i can trust in you. Do not do anything stupid to hurt others and even yourself "- Ji Ah hangs up, she did not know her decision was right or wrong. But never mind, job is the most important, she must participate in this bets. A lucrative contract is too large to bring revenues and reputation for her company,  Ji Ah can not refuse ............

"Young Do ah ..." - Yoo Ri yells in phone - "I have a  happy news to tell you know. I was invited to join the RDRF show”.

"What? "- Young Do was driving on the road, he quickly won the brakes, because he could not believe what he was listening -" What did you say? Wait, what about the contract? Have you signed yet? Bo Na and Ji Ah agreed to let me join ?”

Yoo Ri:" Yes, chairman Shin - she is very kind, the contract has a lot of good conditions for me. How can i refuse.?”

Young Do:" No, you do not have to participate.”

Yoo Ri:" Why? I heard that the palce will be at your resort in Changwon, right? It was great.”

Young Do: “You cancel this contract? Compensation for damage, i will pay.”

Yoo Ri:" Why do you keep insisting that i must cancel. What are  you worried? Don’t worry, I will complete the job. Besides, Chairman Shin is investors for your project JG Jeju. If i  join in her show, would not be helpful for you? Do not worry about that. Tonight, we’re going to celebrate. More two hours i’ll finish the job, can you pick me okay? Ok, as you promised. I have to come back here, directed awaiting me. Bye, darling.”

"Alo, alo, Yoo Ri "- Young Do continuous phone calls, but the other side did not answer, she hang down. He was tired, his head down the steering wheel. Ultimately, Nari wanted to do something with him. He was living very well, why did she return and overturn everything up. He’s known Yoo Ri for three years, he admits that sometimes he thinks she's just a racketeering for fun like many other girls. But though he had done anything wrong to her, Yoo Ri are willing to forgive him, so Young Do've ever wanted to be honest with her. When this decision is Nari returned, he really is standing between two roads. However, Young Do will never let Nari hurt Yoo Ri. He dials: "Secretary Jo, tried to communicate with the chairman Shin of SIB and return phone number of her for me."

Young Do drives car turn back, Bugatti runs on the road ... .. When passing by a restaurant, he suddenly stopped the car. Looking through the glass door he noticed the familiar shadow. A girl sitting at the table next to the window, before her face is two bowls of steaming noodles. Young Do goes down, he pushed the door in and come to sit opposite her. Nari looked up, he did not smile, did not say. Young Do spoke: "Why did you invite Yoo Ri participate in the show?"

"Do you remember here?" - She said still face without any expression - "10 years, though the architecture where has changed, but thankfully it still exists. Ramen flavor has not changed. Do you want to try it? When I called two bowl noodles, do not think that will be people eating with me. Fortunately, you arrived. We still have fate.”

Young Do evasive, he asked again:" Chairman Shin, answer my question?”

He wanted to escape from old memories, but she reminded him remembering what had passed, she went on to say: "10 years ago, i was a ugly waitress here, always be tease by you. Despite of sometimes i feel annoying but I liked this better than the time you treat me cold ... like now. This is where I met you for the first time, where i always watches over a guest when he arrived. But he never knew how the first time I met him, with him this first time when he saw a strange girl who is causing trouble for Eun  Sang - his first love. I remember the day that a young boy with his mother at the restaurant, he was delighted nearly cried when he was given a gift by his mother for the new school year. And ...... ..”

"Enough" - Young Do screams to prevent her not say anything more. But Nari did not stop: "When I came Jeguk - new school, I met that guy agian. Just a short time, I have seen every aspect of his personality. Is so powerful appearance, but his heart was just like an iceberg, cold and lonely. In him there is something that inspires me to stay inside, giving him pleasure in life. Each passing day, i understood a thing, i want to do more for this boy. Until one day, I know I fell in love with him…”

The more he listen, the more Young Do feel crazy, he snarled:" I told you not to talk anymore.”

Emotionless face of Nari, now is changing, her sadness, her eyes stinging: "We have had too strange that you should talk to me like that? You blame me but  you did not know that i’m also not happy those years….”

Nari stopped when she saw his phone vibrate every time. Young Do is confuse to listen the phone. Yoo Ri’s voice is joyful: "I’ve just finished work early, oppa pick me up quickly. I’ll wait you”.

"I know, Riri. "- Young Do replied. He took the car keys on the table, got up hurriedly - " Chairman Shin, please canceled a contract with Yoo Ri, I will the amount of compensation for you.”

When he had turned away, Young Do realize that a little hand hold him on. He suddenly, looked back at her, the tears were rolling down her cheeks . Nari choked in sobbing cries: "Do not go, Young Do, please. Do not leave me to come her, and do not call her is Riri. Only me. Let's start from the beginning. I love you, Do Do.”

He did not say a word, knocked her hand, quickly ran out the door, climb car and drive. He scared when he saw teardropí in her eyes, he fear soft hands of her that he always wanted to be hold, and he was afraid of her voice - a voice that he always dreamed of. Young Do drives quickly. He hopes that the wind can dry the tears in his eyes, and the pain in his heart ........

........

The night falls, Nari filling each wine glass, she drank, drink to forget sorrow. Back to bed, she looked at the clock, nearly 3 a.m, but she still could not sleep. She took pills in the bottle placed on the bedside table and put in . Those years, she was too dependent on sleeping pills sothat although she drinks so many pill but she can’t have a deep sleep .... This is the 3rd pill that she had been drinking in the night. Nari lie down on the bed, trying to close her eyes to sleep but the image of this evening reappeared on. She wish if she didn’t follow him, she was not so painful. "He is immersed in a sweet kiss with another girl" - Nari sits up, the tears make her heart hurt.