Chapter 7

The Heirs 2: The power of the crown

Chapter 7: My love confession

Part 7.1: The duck turns into the swan

This morning, Nari went to school lately. The fact in last night made her can not sleep all night. Puffy eyes, tired body as losing all strength, Nari shuffles and sit down her table. She does not mind, exactly she doesn’t know that from the moment she enters the school gate to she goes to class, all students in the school talk about her, especial is boys. They discuss if she is a new student or not. Everyone is surprised to see her sitting on the seat of Nari whom is ugly girl always come early, but now is not here.

Boys gather a crowd round her and ask: "What's your name?", "Are you a new student?" ..... So now, she’ve just woken up and escaped from the nightmare that followed her during a long night.

She sees everyone, bewilderedly says: "What do you do? Why are you here?”

Chae Rim has just gone to class, she looks Nari surprisedly and asks:" Who are you? why do you sit this place?”

She hasn’t still recognize the difference of her, she says: “Chae Rim ah, it’s a silly question. This is my place.”

CR: "Your place, but here is the seat of Nari. But why do you know my name?”

Nari: "I am Nari. What is your problem today?”

The class seems to be too surprised, all people can’t talk any word. Chae Rim stammers: "You are Nari? No way. Your face ..."

"What’s problem with my face?" - immediately, she touches her face, she remembers that this morning, she got up late and not mind to disguise and she went to school with her real face. She sighs, her head bends down the table.

.....On time, the bell rings and the teacher goes to the class, no one can ask Nari more the question, they have to disperse.

The teacher looks at Nari’s table, jokingly says: "Nari, I think that you will bring this ugly face during the school years in Jeguk. But unbelievably, you returns soon than I imagine. It is beautiful, isn’t?”

........

The story that just one night, from an ugly duck turned into a beautiful swan, is rumored all school. In the break time, all students gather a crowd round Nari’s class because they are curious and not understand whaw she did to change so spectacularly.

Myung Soo runs fast to his class and hurrily says: "Do youv know what is happening in Jeguk? Everyone is spreading a rumour that Jeguk has a new beauty. But it is Nari - the ugly girl is in the 11th grade”.

All classe run out, just only Young Do, he is still here and plays game on mobile. Myung Soo glances at him, asks: "You don’t go?”

"Nothing is interesting to know. You go, i don’t. "- Young Do coldly tells.

Coming here, Myung Soo can’t believe his eyes. The people whom he always wants to see, whom he loved in the frist sight, is Nari.

The girls begin to gossip: "I do not belive. Is she cosmetic surgery? But no, not so fast, If she was cosmetic surgery, she aslo would lose a long time to recover. It can not be just one night …”

Myung Soo stammers: "You and her….is one…..

Knowing to can not hide, Nari nods: "Are you surprised? Sorry for not saying soon”.

Bo Na nudges Myung Soo: "You know her. What’s mean of your saying?”

"Oh, my God "- MS exclaims, he shily run in his class, but accidentally he bumps against Young Do in the door, he says - "Do not believe, do not believe it, how does it happened? Nari and beautiful friend of Ji Ah is same person. I'm dreaming or waking. Plz, pinch my cheek to see that it hurt or not?”

Young Do doesn’t respond, because he knew, so now he isn’t surprised anymore. He shrugs and goes.

Muyng Soo calls him: "Aren’t you surprise? Why aren’t you? Oh so crazy"

......

After school, Nari tries to hide from the chase. She waits for all people leaving, she dare come back home. Nari walks in the yard behind school. Today she is too tired, story about Young Do, story about herself, all the nasty rumors are now about her.

Nari sighs and sits down the stone bench, she does not mind enjoying this fresh and cool air.

“Nari, have you still been there, you don’t go home?” - the girl's voice comes from behind her to make ​​her startled and turn back, is Cha Eun Sang. She sighs of relief.

Eun Sang looks Nari: "Are you, Nari, really? So beautiful, why did you have to hide it?”

Nari:" You think that I'm cosmetic surgery, and you are also wonder as everyone that I stole money to do it. So let me tell you know, my face has still been this, the ugly appearance is by make-up. I’m not lack of money to steal money”.

Eun Sang hear Nari say that, she feels embarrassed: "You misunderstood, I do not mean that. I just want to talk with you. You also do not care about people banding about you. Because, so I was. The best way is as not hear anything." - Eun Sang hesitantly says - "The true is i want to ask you ... You like Young Do? I'm sorry for asking it”.

Nari is surprised with asking: "Why do you ask me that?”

Eun Sang: "I saw,...the gift that you gave Young Do. I had seen you holding it before you gave. I just want to help you and help Young Do. He was so lonely. If you become a lover of him, it will be better .... But I do not understand why you are always unfriendliness with me cold. Did I do wrong to you?”

Nari: "You want to help me?"- She doubts Eun Sang’s word but in a moment she feels ashamed of her behaving - "I'm sorry, ... I ... You are the first love of Young Do, he still can not forget you, and I, ... I do not like that."

"I understand. It’s nothing. I don’t love Young Do. Sooner or later he will forget me if you try to do it. But have you told Young Do yet? "- Eun Sang smiles and puts hand on Nari’s shoulder to comfort her.

Incidentally, two people look up and recognize that Young Do stood in front of them from ever.

He sees Nari angrily: "What the hell are you doing? What have you just talked about?”

Eun Sang justifies: "Young Do ah, you misunderstood”.

Young Do doesn’t glance or minds Eun Sang’s word. He is indignant: "You. Nari, you do not understand what I said the day before, or you want me to repeat. Both me and you, the best is not relate to each other. You don’t also inquire about me or ask for help from Eun Sang, .. Because nothing will change”.

When Young Do leaves, Nari hurrily chases him to justify. Unfortunately, she impinges on a sharp rock, her knee is been bleeding. Eun Sang runs to help her and calls Young Do to ask him to take Nari to the medical room. But he isn’t regard to her and quietly leaves.

"Why do just only me have to be all the coldly-behaved from you? Is it worth? "- Nari yells, she sneer in the extreme pain ......

 

 

Part 7.2: All my hope sends here

A carefree Thursday afternoon isn’t busy with part-time jobs or study, Nari is relaxing in the small graden. She waters and cut worm leaves for plants and flowers by herself .... But all this thing can not help her forget missing him. Absorbedly with thinking about him, about his coldly-behave make her not feel hurt when being cut her finger. Ji Ah impulsively goes to help her stop the bleeding: "Are you crazy? Don’t you hurt with this deep cut? A few days ago, the nice leg was scratched. Do you have to be sad and hurt yourself because a boy refused your love?”

"Thank you. I ... "- Nari says blankly

Ji Ah rebukes Nari: "You gradually turn into another people to not as me know before. You're not Nari who always try to reach the aim. If you like him so much, try again. Why do you give up easily when you are rejected just one time? The girl named Eun Sang, she can’t compare with you. So let's try it again, he will have to forget Eun Sang and belong to you ...... And if you daren’t do it. Ok, the end will be hard to be good because he is the heir of Zeus”.

Nari is embarrassed to find some word to say with Ji Ah, because everything that Ji Ah said, is true. She has changed. Seeing a bestfriend be sad, Ji Ah is also bored. She pulls Nari to stand up and cheer her on: "Cheer up! Do you forget that tomorrow is Valentine? Go with me, we will prepare for this holiday together. Tomorrow, you will officially confessed your love to him. OK. Maybe there will be a change. Come on, come on hurry up and change clothes”.

Suddenly, Nari remembers that the time goes so fast, it's going to be Valentine's Day, the day that all boys and girls eagerly prepare gifts for their lover.

Nari follows Ji Ah to go to the trade center. She doesn’t care that Ji Ah is busy with choosing chocolate, Nari wonders whether she should do this, should listen to Ji Ah’s advice? Yes, she has changed.

"This is kind of delicious chocolate. We should get it more, I also have to buy for my boyfriend. Ah, we must buy some utensils to cook and decorate."- Nari does not answer, Ji Ah grimace at her - “What’s wrong with you? Don’t make me lost the excitement. Have you still thought this problem? Don’t think anything. Be strong.”

Nari: "Do you know to love someone? Miserable guy was fallen into your trap love.”

Ji Ah mows and responses: "Do not despise me. You also like a guy, so do i."

When they pass a watches store, Nari pulls Ji Ah to stop. She choices a male watch of Breguet’s brand, she has seen it for a long time and asked: "Ji Ah, It is beautiful or not?"

"Do you buy for Young Do. If for him, it will be very nice. I have never been skeptical about the aesthetic eyes of you. "- Ji Ah amuses and responses - "My friend'll get it. Check, please.”

Nari amazedly sees Ji Ah:" I have not decided yet whether give or not”

Ji Ah: "Don’t think. Buy it. Or do not have money, who is social welfare group. I’ll pay, okay”.

Nari winks and smiles: "Oh, Great lady help me pay it.”

.......

In the modern and sumptuous kitchen, Nari and Ji Ah hardly try to finish chocolate works. Their face dirty a sweet brown of chocolate. A middle-aged woman comes in and says: “What are you doing? Why is everything in a mess?"

Ji Ah: "Hwang’s butler, tomorrow is Valentine. So i’m preparing gifts.”

"You also prepare for Valentine with Ji Ah, don’t you? It's surprising. Jong Suk, if he knew you are doing this, he would be very definitely excited. Let me see." - The woman known as Hwang’s butler has looked for a moment Nari’s chocolate cake that she made - " It's nice but I do not see same as Jong Suk, he doesn’t have this hairstyle”.

Two girls are giggling at each other. "Well, ajima, you go to rest. I will clean up after finishing." - Ji Ah says.

After completing these cakes and preparing gift boxes, it’s 12.30 p.m. Ji Ah yawns: "It’s very late. I have to sleep. You don’t also do it. In morning tomorrow, we will continue cleaning."

Nari: "You go to bed, I will stay here more a while."

Ji Ah: "Ok, but remember to go to bed early. Tomorrow, you will have to be very beautiful. Fighting, my bestfriend”.

Ji Ah disappears behind the door. Mari looks at the cake more one time that she made by all her heart, a chocolate cake was shaped be like him .... She sends all hope and love on it. Hope that this time, he will understand and accept her .... The sound of clock rings ....

 

Part 7.3: Friday, February 14th

Today is a beautiful day. The mood of everyone is so excited. On the street, the couple is hugging, holding hands and dating to wait for a romantic evening.

Nari happily goes to school. Thanks to a bestfriend - Ji Ah that she is invigorated. Nari is full of energy, she will try to do well this time. Going to class, Nari fells terrified when she sees so many bunchs of flowers and gift packs on her table. A classmate girl approaches Nari and says envyingly: "When will you stop to make someone attend you? You should know who you are in this life. In the morning, the boys gathered to bring gifts for you. Hurrily clean up. Your seat is filthy as you."

Nari disregards the words of the girl said, she huddles over to rearrange everything as soon as the school bell rings.

........

Break-time in noon, in the secret room, Myung Soo feels nervous about a small gift on hand: "Do you think she'll like it?" - He asks Young Do

Young Do: "Who knows. But who are you talking about?”

Myung Soo: "Nari, Now I knew the name of girl who i looked for in many days. But she will like, won’t? I prepared very carefully”.
Young Do shrugs and not answer.

Myung Soo raises a fist with full of determination:" Will success. Plz, pray for me. I go.”

Young Do glances at Myung Soo, he mutters: "Nonsense"

.......Myung Soo runs to find Nari. When he sees her steping out from the library, he runs to her excitedly, and then he is embarrassed to give a gift to her.

He says that: “I give you, I hope you will receive it, and even ... my love. The first time when i saw you at the trade center, i have liked you. It’s true. But it’s unbelievable that you and Nari is same one. Previously, i treated you not well, i’m sorry. Do you agree to make my girlfriend, Nari?”

She looks him and smiles because of the love confession of him. Nari gives the gift back and says: "I'm sorry, I can not get this gift and your love. Sorry”.

"Why" - Myung Soo is sad.

Nari: "Because I had people in my heart. Sorry. But if you want to be friend, I always readily agree. Now I have to come back class”.

She goes and leaves Myung Soo with disappointed mood. Nari chuckles and thinks, Myung Soo - a funny guy dare speak out his feeling while she - who always be confident in herself but not dare to speak out in the love holiday. She bravely dials Young Do’s phone number what she had long time ago that now, she dare call ....

.........Young Do answers a call

"Who's calling?" - He asks:

Nari: "It’s me, Nari"

Young Do: “Why do you know my number?"

Nari: "I got it from Myung Soo."

Young Do: "Aigoo, it’s crazy boy" - He is angry to say

Nari: "Do not hang up .... Can you meet me? Just for a moment, I want to meet you behind the school after finishing a class. Can you come here?”

Young Do: "I do not want to see you”.

No time to end the phone, Myung Soo runs in and weeps bitterly like a child: " She refused my love. It’s so unlucky. She said that she had a lover. Why am i always unsuccess? Young Do ah, our destiny is so lamentable. You and I - let love each other. or alone with his love away. Valentine's Day but so lonely”.

Other line echoes Nari’s voice: "Where are you? Can you hear me? We can meet. It won’t take much time of you”.

Young Do looks Myung Soo then listen the phone, his mind feels confused, he hums:" Okay, I'll come,

Myung Soo sees Young Do: "Whom are you talking?”

Young Do: "No one. Do you have to be necessarily bitter. In the world, it has many girls who you can choice to love, why you need her”.

Myung Soo: "So do you. You have just loved only Eun Sang. If the heart had told, could we have changed it?”

Young Do does not know what to say, he asks: “Has she said that who she loves?”
Myung Soo furiously shouts: "No. If I knew boy who dare steal her heart before me, i would kill him to mitigate my’s anger.

Young Do startles hearing and smiles then he simulates to find way to escape: “Hihi, I go to class. Don’t be sad anymore. Ok". After saying, Young Do runs away .....

 

 

 

 

Part 7.4: Deny

Dismissal bell rings, Young Do hesitantly walk back and forth, he doesn’t know that he meet her is right or wrong. He doesn’t want but not understand why his legs still come here and take him to the rendezvous.

Arrival, Young Do sees Nari standing here to wait him. "Why do you want to meet me?" - He approaches and asks. Seeing him, her eyes is as light up. "It's happy because you came" - Nari gives him the gift that she prepared elaborately yesterday. She continues: "Today is the valentine day, this little gift I want to give you."

Young Do frowns at her and responses: "How many times I have to tell you? When will you understand?"

This time, she won’t elude him, she looks straight into his eyes with full of confidence: "I like you, like you truly. The first time I met you - certainly, you don’t know about that day, a very strange feeling came to me. And the time answered me that this emotion is love. "- Nari smiles at him - "Plz, take it, I lost all last night to do it. Uhm, but this cake is a bit like you. Hihi”.

Young Do is really surprised, the first time in his life have a girl say to him that she likes him. A thing that had never happened before. His personality, his appearance is so cool and rakish. No girl dare stand in front of him and say like him.

But, Young Do can’t: "I do not like you, not have any feelings at all. Although you look like ugly or pretty, I still don’t like. Let stop this nonsense things. It doesn’t have anything useful”.

"So how can I do to make you like me?"- Nari’s voice is sad.

Young Do: “You, never appear in front of me despite in anywhere, schools, streets, stores, ... and never say that you like me. Maybe one day I will be excited with you."- He stops to think, then says: "The best thing that you should to is you like Myung Soo. Yeah, likes him. I want that”.

Nari suddenly looks at him, she can not believe her ears. He can refuse, but why he has to say such things. Tears drops in her rosy cheeks, she chokes back and says: "Young Do, it’s necessary to tell me that? I do not like Myung Soo, who i like is you. Why do you have to drag Myung Soo in our story? Why have to have this conditions?”.

He doesn’t answer, turns away because he is afraid when see a girl crying. "This gift I bought to give you. Now, how should i do?" - she smiles faintly

Young Do: "Give Myung Soo, or throw it away."

Nari says bitterly: "Yes, my love is like this gift, it worths to be thrown in the trashcan". When she purposes to throw it away, a hand holds her back.

"This beautiful gift, why do you want to throw it away? It so waste. You are too indulgent by your parents, so you don’t know how to save." - A young boy voices.

Nari looks surprisedly: "Jong Suk, why are you here?”

Jong Suk: "Why is why? Do you know what today is? From early morning I sent message to you that i will pick you up after school. I ran around the school to find you but you’re here”.

Nari inquires: “Since when have you stood here?”

"Since you’ve began your drama "- Jong Suk hugs her and says - "It's enough, you played very well, you should become actress in Hollywood. Look at those fake tears of you. Do you need to avenge me by this thing, give a gift and say love confessed with other guy? I’m wrong, wrong. So, you do not do these things to provoke me, ok. I’m really jealous”.

He lets her out to see Young Do and continues: "Why do you chose actor to play with you is so bad? He isn’t as handsome as me." - Jong Suk opens the gift of Nari - "Let me see the gift you give me. In the early morning, i heard Hwang’s butler cheerfully said that you prepared gift for me. Aigoo, have two gifts. Oh my god, Breguet’s wrist-watch. I like this brand most. Thank you so much.”

Young Do wries his face and looks at two people act, he says to Nari: "It turns out to be act. You seem like the lie”.

Nari feels embarrassed, she does not know what to say. Jong Suk tells: "It’s true. Sorry for making you misunderstand. " Then Jong Suk turns to her, he kisses her forehead and says: "The gift you gave is great. I very like it”.

Young Do sees it, he sneers and feels annoyed: "He is your boyfriend. Oh, when do you stop saying lie? It is unpleasant girl”.

Nari is very angry, she pushs Jong Suk out, grabs her gift in his hand. She holds it up in front of Young Do and says: "I do not lie. I never lie you about my feelings. This is the gift that i prepared for you. But you don’t like .... "- Nari threws it to the ground, looks coldly his face - " ... it should be end by that way. What you said, my feelings can not be changed, so I will choose the first way. From now be always happy, wherever you come, i will never appear”.

Very surprise,both Young Do and Jong Suk. Seeing her walk away, Jong Suk chases. Going to the gate, he pulls her back, Jong Suk shouts: "Oh, it’s really shame. What the hell did you do? I helped you that you don’t thank  me or co-operate with me. Only you were shame, why do you have to drag me in? What do you think that you did that? A girl flirt with a boy. Aigoo.... " Jong Suk stops when he sees her tears are shed. Nari chokes her heart and says: "Let me alone. I told you not to be concerned about me .... If you feel shame because of me, tell my parents”.

"I will not do this"- Jong Suk's face suddenly became serious, his cold gaze look her - "I just do not like you to meet in this embarrassing situation. I said that i would not interfere in your business. You meet who, you like who, I just need you know when to stop. That day is coming, next three months, you should focus your attention to prepare. Although you want to avoid, you also can not do. Don’t spend your time in nonsense love anymore’.

Nari: "Are you necessary to remind me remember that the day is coming? Despite no mention, I always see your existence in my life”.

"Ok. Go into car. I prepared a surprise for you. "- Jong Suk pushes her into the car, and smiles. The Bentley is moving.

..................The rustling leaves fly in the cool wind ........ Today is Valentine's Day .......... Young Do stoops down to pick Nari’s gift up what is in in the ground. The first gift what he knew is - an expensive gift that a people belongs to social welfare group as her, it’s hard to buy. And the second gift, he opens it, as she said, a chocolate cake was carved like his appearence, his face. It’s also like him. In his heart feel a small flutter. He tastes a broken pieces of chocolate, a slightly bitter, a slightly sweet. It’s true is taste of love. He takes two gifts on hand and goes back home......

 

*** Coming soon: Chapter 8: Love you more than myself ***