Drama Queens

This Love is Infinite

The first day at Infinite All Boys Boarding School was basically a free day, almost. Everyone unpacked their things, moved to new dorms, got to know their new roommates, and just hung out before school starts the next day.

            After we finished unpacking our things, Sungyeol, Woohyun, and I went over to the cafeteria to grab a snack. We got milkshakes and took a small walk around campus. Honestly, the campus didn’t differ much from A Pink All Girls Boarding School. The only things different were the bathrooms.

            Woohyun and Sungyeol were really friendly; I actually befriended them pretty quickly because of how open the 2 of them were. I was starting to wonder what friends Sungjong used to have before he – or maybe I – met these guys.

            I got my answer sooner than I would’ve liked.

            “Dude I heard that they built a new track,” Sungyeol said.

            “Yeah, let’s go check it out. Sungjong, you coming?” Woohyun asked me.

            I forgot that my name was supposed to be Sungjong so I didn’t answer.

            “Sungjong? Hello~.” Woohyun knocked on my head.

            “O-Oh yeah! Um, actually I’m going to go pick up my textbooks. I’ll see you guys later,” I said.

            “Kay, bye!”

            I waved goodbye and went the opposite way. Suddenly, I bumped into a couple of guys.

            “Wahh, long time no see, Lee Sungjong,” one guy said to me. From my “boy lesson” with Sungjong the other day I recognized him to be Jo Kwon. The guys behind him were Kwanghee and Kim Kibum. But Sungjong told me that people called him Key. What the heck was with people and nicknames at this school?

            “U-Uh…hi!” I said.

            “Dude, what are you doing hanging out with the Infinite boys?” Key asked.

            “Who?”

            “Are you gonna abandon us?!” Jo Kwon cried.

            “Whoa whoa whoa I seriously don’t know what you guys are talking about,” I said.

            “Don’t act like you don’t know! Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, and L are the most popular boys in school! They’re freaking kingkas! And we just saw you, an Algebra 2 student, hanging out with 2 of them!” Kwanghee replied.

            “They’re my roommates though,” I answered. “And what does me being in Algebra 2 have anything to do with this?”

            “Oh god they are? That’s even worse,” Jo Kwon said, not answering my question.

            “Yeah, next thing you know you’ll be calling all of your fangirls your ‘girlfriends’ like Nam Woohyun, or rapping at every school talent show like Jang Dongwoo, oh god and even worse…sleeping in class like L! Ugh!” Kwanghee made a gagging face.

            “Dude what’s his real name anyways? Why does everyone call him L?” Key asked.

            “How am I supposed to know? The guy’s weird. I don’t even know how he has friends. He actually talked before and now he barely does at all. You know what? I was in his math class last year and the teacher told him to go up to the board and do a problem. He didn’t get up and do it like a normal person, no. Instead he just sat there, leaned back in his chair, crossed his arms, and shook his head. And the teacher let him off just because he’s good looking! Aish, that punk,” Jo Kwon sneered.

            “But he is good looking though…,” I mumbled.

            “Dude what did you say?!” Key asked.

            I looked up, forgetting that I was currently a boy. “N-Nothing!”

            “Dude you’re really jumpy…it’s weird,” Jo Kwon remarked.

            *Well you guys are weird*

            “C’mon guys, let’s head over to the drama room and look at the plays that the crew is planning to put on this year,” Kwanghee said, already heading over there himself.

            Aw man…I have to be in the drama club with these drama queens for a whole semester? I looked back in the direction where Woohyun and Sungyeol had gone off and sighed to myself.

            *I should’ve just gone with them*

 

 

            That night was my first night as a boy at my new all boys boarding school. I went to the bathroom down the hall and took off my sports bra, then put on an oversized shirt and pajama pants. I wasn’t sure what to do with my wig. I was worried that it’d fall off when I sleep because I move around a lot in my sleep. I also didn’t want to sleep in my sports bra either. How uncomfortable would that be?

            So I called Sungjong.

            “Hello?” he said quietly into the phone, as if he was whispering.

            “I need help!” I said.

            “Shh! Hold on.” Sungjong paused, then said, “Kay. I’m out of the room. What’s wrong?”

            “Do I sleep with my bra on or not? And what about my wig?!” I was definitely panicking. I hoped no one was in the bathrooms right now or I’d be so dead.

            “Well, you have oversized T-shirts, right? Are your s still visible when wearing them?” Sungjong asked.

            I looked down. “Um…not really…but it’s still kind of puffy.”

            “Whatever. Just make sure that you use a pillow or something to cover your chest. As for your wig…keep it on when you go to sleep…but after everyone in the room is fast asleep, take if off and keep it by your bed. Then I guess you have to wake up early and put it on before anyone can see your long hair,” Sungjong said. “Make sure to keep your covers above your head.”

            I nodded. “Sounds like a good idea enough. I’m an early riser anyways.” I adjusted my wig. “Oh! By the way, you’re rooming with the so-called ‘Infinite Boys’.”

            “Holy I am?!”

            “Yeah. They’re not that bad though. Actually,” I smiled, “they’re actually really handsome.”

            “Yah! Don’t think thoughts like those Lee ______,” Sungjong said.

            “Don’t worry! I can control myself. Are you?”

            “…maybe.”

            “LEE SUNGJONG!”

            “Just kidding!” Sungjong replied smoothly. “Look, you better get to sleep. They might be wondering where you are. I’ll tell my relationship with the infinite boys tomorrow, okay?”

            I nodded. “Okay oppa.”

            “Hwaiting!”

            “Hwaiting!”

            I hung up and headed back to the room where everyone was getting ready to go to sleep.

            I covered my chest with my other clothes as I came in, quickly putting them away before hurriedly getting into bed.

            “Goodnight guys!” Sunggyu said, turning off the lights.

            “Goodnight!” we all chimed.

            I laid there awake for about an hour, then slipped under my blankets and took off my wig. Oh how good that felt!

            I hid my wig in between the crevice of the wall and the bed and set the alarm on my watch for 6:00 am. Finally satisfied, I drifted off to sleep.