A Periwinkle Christmas Part 1

This Love is Infinite

A/N: I don’t really know if the songs match for these chapters LOL cuz I wanted it to be all Christmassy; so you don’t need to listen to it if you don’t want to. The next four chapters were supposed to be one, but I split it because I felt like it was too laggy LOL Nonetheless, enjoy (:

 

Listen to INFINITE – White Confession: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZu3fRDrK5c

Instead of me having to call L. Joe, he called me first.

                “_______?”

                “Byunghun?”

                “Hey!”

                I smiled. “Hey.”

                “So, um, I want to ask you something,” L. Joe started.

                “Yes?”

                “Well you know that you still owe me a second date, right?”

                I saw what was coming but pretended like I didn’t know. “Mm. I remember.”

                “So will you be my date to the Christmas Banquet this weekend?” L. Joe asked.

                I bit my lip, tempted to say no. Not only was he my brother’s enemy, but I thought about how he’d treated me as Sungjong back after the second round. If he’d known that we were related before he’d met me, would he still treat me like this?

                But the good side got the better of me. After all, I did owe him a second date. No other opportunity would be as good as this one. It’s not like anyone else was going to ask me anyways…

                “Sure Byunghun, I’d love to go with you,” I said happily.

                “Great! So what color do you want to wear? I’ll pick out a dress for you,” L. Joe said.

                “Wait Byunghun you don’t need to pick out a dress for me,” I said.

                “No! I want to! We have to match anyways so it’ll be better if I do. Plus I like to spoil the girl I like hehe.”

                *He…likes me…?*

                “We should wear my school colors. Are you okay with lavender or periwinkle?” L. Joe asked, oblivious to the fact that his last words had stunned me in a way.

                “O-Oh…yeah I’m okay with that,” I replied.

                “Awesome. I’ll pick you up at around 6?”

                I nodded. “Okay.”

                “Great. See you soon ______!”

                “Bye!”

                I ended my call with L. Joe and looked over at Sungjong, who was lying on his bed. Winter break had started for all boarding schools in the district and Sungjong and I were visiting our parents. The schools were still open, since we all lived there, but the Pageant was still going on. Being good looking was hard work.

                “Is your leg okay?” I asked Sungjong.

                “It’s getting better…but I hope it gets better before the third round. I’m afraid we’re getting suspected already. The person who pushed me down isn’t stupid. He knew who he had been hurting, so he must be really suspicious of the Sungjong dancing onstage that afternoon,” Sungjong said.

                “I know…but who could it have been? One of the Teen Top members?” I asked.

                “Maybe…but this pageant’s been going on for years. I’m not sure if even Teen Top would play so dirty to the extent of wanting to hurt someone, especially a contestant…maybe an outside school that we’re not aware about…”

                “Like who?”

                “Not sure. But I’ll figure it out myself soon. Get some rest ______. It’s late and you have a new boyfriend on your hands.” Sungjong rolled his eyes.

                “He’s not my boyfriend,” I calmly stated.

                “Funny,” Sungjong said. “From what I’ve heard L. Joe never goes for the second date with a girl. The player might actually like you.”

                “Hmm…you think so?”

                Sungjong shrugged. “Maybe. Probably.”

                I sighed to myself. I knew that L. Joe wasn’t the person I wanted. The person that I want already has feelings for someone else, someone who’s my worst enemy. Why is it that you always want what you can’t have?

Listen to SS501 – Love Ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6jCpZh-apI

No One’s POV:

               Hoya went down to the basement bathrooms and took a look at the stairs leading down to it.

                “The scene of the crime,” he said to himself.

                He looked up around the ceiling and spotted something:

                A security camera.

                It looked old and pretty beaten up.

                I wonder if it still works…

                Hoya went back up to the main building and went into the security room. Once inside, he found Sungyeol at the computer desk with L by his side.

                “W-What the-

                Sungyeol smirked. “One step ahead of you bro.”

                “Why are you even attempting to find out who the staircase pusher is?” L asked, growing suspicious about Hoya’s feelings.

                “Because it’s dangerous that someone might be trying to sabotage our chances of winning!” Hoya exclaimed. “And I have a feeling I already know who it is.”

                “Oh really? Who?” L asked as Sungyeol was typing away on the security camera computer.

                “Someone from Boyfriend High,” Hoya replied grimly.

                L raised a brow. “Boyfriend high?”

                Hoya nodded. “I saw a couple of guys from there lurking around the school the morning of the second round. I was going to question why they were there but had to go rehearse so I didn’t get the chance.”

                “Hmm…we’ll see soon enough,” Sungyeol said. “Here’s the security footage from the day Sungjong got pushed.”

                Sungyeol turned the screen so that all 3 members could see. Sungjong had been casually walking down the stairs when a mysterious figure dressed in black pushed him. The figure was wearing a hood so his face was hidden, but there was a faint logo on the back of his sweatshirt.

                “Pause.”

                Sungyeol paused the security video and the three boys took a closer look at the logo.

                “Hmm…looks like you were right Lee Howon,” L said with a smirk. “It’s a ‘B’ for Boyfriend High.”

                “They’re so lame I mean, who names their school ‘Boyfriend’. I can understand ‘Infinite’ and ‘Teen Top’ but c’mon, “Boyfriend’? No wonder they’re looking for competition,” Sungyeol scoffed.

                “But why Sungjong?” Hoya asked. “That’s what puzzles me.”

                “Maybe it’s because he was alone. It could’ve been any of us,” L replied.

                “Maybe…” Hoya said, still thinking. “Or maybe not.”

                “Well what do YOU think?” L asked. “We all know that you have keener senses than all 7 of us combined.”

                “I think that it’s a certain person who has a grudge against Sungjong, for whatever he did. Or maybe this person knows about how Sungjong and ______ have been switching on and off and want to see if it’s true. If that’s the case, then he’s already found his answer,” Hoya explained.

                “True. We should see if he plans to strike again on the third round. We’re all going to have to watch our backs,” Sungyeol said.

                “ Yeah…and hopefully Sungjong can perform by then…I don’t feel comfortable with having ______ standing up there basically exposing Sungjong as a girl,” Hoya said.

                L grew cautious at Hoya’s caring words towards you. “You’re saying this as if you genuinely care about her,” L said. “Do you?”

                “N-No,” Hoya said, taken about. “I just don’t want to have to see a person face humiliation, that’s all.”

                “Huh. That’d better be your answer,” L replied.

                “What? It’s not like she’s yours,” Hoya said.

                “Yeah, stop acting like only you can have her,” Sungyeol chimed in. “Who was the one encouraging her to dance? ME. Who’s been the one missing her day and night every time she’s not here? ME. You haven’t been feeling Myungsoo.”

                “YAH! And you don’t think that I haven’t been missing her?” L said angrily. “Who’s been the one reading Twilight books to get his mind off of her? ME. Who’s been wishing that it’s her sleeping under my bunk every night instead of the real Sungjong? ME. Who’s been using bottles of concealer and BB cream to hide his dark circles? MEE! I’ve been missing her as much as you, Lee Sungyeol. Maybe even more. So don’t even accuse me of not feeling anything for her because I have!”

                Sungyeol and Hoya stared at L, wide eyed.

                “Dude…” Hoya said slowly. “You’re so freakin in love with her.”

                L blinked. “W-What?”

                Sungyeol smirked angrily. “Don’t even try to deny it Myungsoo. You obviously do. I’m your other half, how can I not tell? These feelings haven’t been recent either…” Sungyeol got up and stood in front of L, face to face. “…they’ve appeared quite a while ago, haven’t they?”

                L looked away, for once not being able to pull on his poker face. Everything that Sungyeol had just said, was undeniably correct.

                Sungyeol sighed. “Well if you want to get her now, do it while you can, before I decide to make my final move. In fact, it seems as if L. Joe had beaten all of us. But he probably doesn’t even really like her, added to the fact that she doesn’t even seem that interested in him.”

                “But did you see the way he was looking for her after the second round? That couldn’t have just been all an act, it’d seemed too real,” Hoya said.

                “Maybe…actually, that was a bit weird and out of character. It was as if he really cared about her…hmmm…” Sungyeol thought about it. “But if he really likes her than we have no chance at all. He wasn’t nominated for best flirt for nothing.”

                “But ______ liking L. Joe isn’t 100% guaranteed just because he’s a flirt. She can be immune to his skills, if she already has someone else in her heart,” Hoya said, looking directly at L. “And we all know who that person is, don’t we?”