Stuck In a Hole

This Love is Infinite

"WAKE UP EVERYONE! IT’S TIME FOR BREAKFAST!”

            I winced at the sudden loudness and sandwiched my head between my pillows.

            “Shut up!” I heard Hoya yell.

            “BUT THERE’S PANCAKES AND CINNAMON ROLLS!”

            “What?”

            I dashed out of my tent and saw Sandeul wearing a chef’s hat with a bunch of plates of food on tables around him.

            “BONEAPETITE GUYS!” he was saying/screaming.

            We all gathered around the spectacular buffet and helped ourselves. L sleepily walked over and grabbed a plate as he slapped a bunch of food onto his plate.

            “You look grumpy,” I remarked.

            L shrugged and dug into his food.

            “OKAY EVERYONE. Today we will be going on another nature hike!” Sandeul exclaimed.

            “Ughhh,” everyone groaned.

            “Wait guys! But not just any nature hike….a scavenger nature hike!” Sandeul exaggerated.

            “Even worse,” Hoya cried out.

            “Everyone shall get into partners and whoever finds all of the items and crosses the finish line first will get a special prize!” Sandeul said.

            Dongwoo gasped. “Is it money?”

            Sandeul shrugged mischievously. “Maybe~”

            “ guys we need to win!” Dongwoo said.

            “Lies,” Sunggyu replied tiredly.

            “So I’m guessing that Myungsoo and Sungjong will be partners,” Hoya mumbles.

            I was going to reply to that when Sungyeol interrupted me.

            “He’s going with me,” Sungyeol declared.

            My eyes widened.

            L looked puzzled. “What?”

            “You’re always partnered up with him, Myungsoo. Sungjong and I need some bonding time,” Sungyeol replied.

            Oh my god. My heart beat faster and faster as I realized that today, would be the day that I would get exposed as a girl. I tried to deny it but there was no doubt. Sungyeol was going to confront me about it.

            I braced myself for the worst.

            L ended up being paired up with Sunggyu and the competition began. The scavenger hunt began with minor, easy things such as acorns and oak tree leaves and such. But then it got harder as we were forced to find stuff such as purple rocks and 2.5 inches of a tree branch.

            Sungyeol and I wandered around the forest. What we were trying to find was a rock exactly the size of our fist.

            “This is a hard one,” I commented.

            “Yeah,” Sungyeol replied.

            I was swinging our scavenger hunt bag back and forth because I was bored and it suddenly flung out of my hands and landed on a patch of leaves.

            “I’ll go get it,” I said.

            I ran over to the patch of leaves but it suddenly collapsed on me and I fell into a deep hole padded with leaves.

            Hard.

            “Owwwww!” I whined, rubbing my back.

            “Sungjong? Sungj-AH!”

            Sungyeol fell on top of me and I felt even more pain strike my body.

            “Oww,” he groaned.

            “S-Sungyeol….get off of me please,” I said.

            “Sorry.”

            The both of us sat in the hole and looked above us. We were pretty deep down.

            “We fell into a hunting trap. Great,” Sungyeol said sarcastically.

            “H-How do we get out?” I asked.

            Sungyeol leaned back and sighed. “I guess we’ll just have to wait until someone comes and hands us a rope. Until then…we’re stuck.”

            Uh oh.

            “S-STUCK?”

            “Yup,” Sungyeol said calmly.

 

2 hours later...

 

            “Sungjong, just stop already.”

            “NO!”

            “You’ve been trying to climb out of the hole for the past 2 hours. It’s too steep for anyone to climb out, unless you’re Spiderman or something.”

            I’d almost reached halfway up the hole before my foot slipped and I fell into the leaves below.

            Again.

            “Ow…”

            Sungyeol smirked. “Told you.”

            I glared at him. “And what have you been doing for the past 2 hours?”

            “Making a picture out of leaves.”

            I examined how Sungyeol had placed the leaves in the shape of an infinity sign.

            How lame.

            “Ugh whatever.”

            I went back up to do a couple more attempts at getting out of the hole. I failed.

            “Seriously Sungjong, you look dead. Maybe you should get some rest,” Sungyeol advised. “Look, it’s already dark outside. Everyone probably already went home. They’ll find us in the morning.”

            I sighed. “Fine.”

            I sat down across from him and was suddenly very self conscious about the wig on my head. I hope it wouldn’t fall off while I slept.

            But hey, the guy knew already. What was there to lose? It was only a matter of time before he rats me out.

            So I made myself comfortable in the patches of leaves and looked up at the black sky above.

            “Good night, Sungyeol,” I said softly.

            “Good night,” Sungyeol replied.

 

No One’s POV:

            Sungyeol watched as you slowly drifted off to sleep. Carefully, he made his way over to you and laid down beside you as he continued to gaze at your face. He propped up his elbows and laid on his stomach, a content grin slowly coming up his lips.

            Then, ever so gently, he reached over to take off your wig. Your long dark hair flowed down and Sungyeol felt his heart skip a beat.

            “_______,” he said to himself, then smiled. “_______.”

            He’d much rather call you your real name rather than “Sungjong” all the time. But only a limited amount of people knew your identity. He didn’t want to be the one to expose it to anybody else who wasn’t supposed to know.

            Like Woori.

            And plus, if your secret got out, then you’d be forced to leave. Who knows when he’ll be able to see you again if that happened? He wanted you to stay, so he kept your secret. He’d only wanted to confront you because he’d wanted you to trust him. But Sungyeol didn’t want to scare you off, so he kept his mouth shut for the time being.

            So Sungyeol laid down beside you and gazed at your sleeping face for a little while longer before going to sleep.