Suppressing Feelings

This Love is Infinite

______’s POV:

                I was still staring up at the school when I suddenly heard some commotion down the street. I looked over and saw the INFINITE boys, noticing their swag anywhere. Then my attention was turned over to L, who was walking in front as the guys tried to catch up to him. They seemed to be yelling at him. Then I noticed that L was slightly bruised, and his lip was bleeding.

                “Oh my god,” I said.

                L saw me and stopped. The INFINITE boys looked around and saw me as well, stopping behind him.

                “______?” Sungjong said, running up to me. “What are you doing here?”

                “I…don’t exactly know,” I replied.

                “_______!” 5more voices said as the Infinite Boys ran up to me. L stayed where he was behind the group gathering around me, looking around at anywhere but me.

                “What are you doing here?” Woohyun asked.

                “Because she missed him, obviously,” Sungjong mumbled.

                “What?”

                “Oh nothinggg hehe.” Sungjong faked a giggle. He pulled me over to the side and said, “_______, answer me.”

                “What?” I asked.

                “Why the would you ever say ‘yes’ to L. Joe? Lee Byunghun? The bad boy and major flirt of Teen Top High? MY ENEMY SCHOOL?!”

                “Whoa whoa whoa what are you talking about?” I asked.

                “L. Joe just came over to the diner and announced that he’d already asked you to the Christmas Banquet,” Sungjong explained.

                “W-What? He never did,” I replied, slightly confused.

                “Hmm…just as I’d suspected. No way would my little sister ever say yes to a guy like him,” Sungjong said to himself.

                “Wait, so is that why-

                “Yes. L punched L. Joe in the face and then they got into this whole big fight. The owner of the diner threatened to call the police and L came storming out of the diner. We followed him. But things could get ugly. This is L’s second fight in less than a month. He’s assaulted L. Joe twice. If this happens a third time he could be kicked out of the pageant,” Sungjong said.

                “That’s not good,” I remarked.

                “Yeah.”

                “Should I go tell him that L.Joe’s lying?” I asked.

                “No,” Sungjong whispered. He looked back and saw that the Infinite boys were looking at some snail on the ground. “My guess is that L. Joe will intend to ask you soon anyways. Say no.”

                “But I owe L. Joe a second date,” I said.

                “______, do you hear yourself? L. Joe’s a well known player. He’s probably only using you as a way to make L mad and provoke him to fight his way out of the competition. He intends for L to make the first punch and sadly, he does. Until the end of the pageant, L cannot afford another offense. Do you see what I’m saying?” Sungjong asked.

                “Well yeah but…you make L. Joe seem like such a bad person,” I said quietly.

                “Well what makes you think that L. Joe is not a bad person?”

                I shrugged. “I don’t know…he just…doesn’t seem like that type of person to me.”

                “Oh god,” Sungjong sighed. “If you don’t want L to lose, then say no to L. Joe whenever he asks you. You saying yes just because you pity him will only make things worse. L. Joe’s a big boy. He won’t cry.”

                “Wait but…” I bit my lip. “Why would L. Joe use me as bait to provoke L? Why not Woori? He likes her, doesn’t he?”

                Sungjong laughed. “______, you can’t be serious.”

                “What?”

                Sungjong looked around and whispered, “If you haven’t noticed, L’s in love with you.”

                “W-What?”

                “Stop saying what! He is, and there’s no arguing. I’ve seen the way he looks at you, it’s definite.”

                “But he has no emotions,” I pointed out. “How can he have any facial expressions?”

                “He may be emotionless, but emotionless men still have their moments.”

                “But how can he be in love with me? We barely talk, I’m not even that pretty, and outside of me being you, him and Lee ______ don’t even talk much,” I said.

                “You’re asking all these questions, “Sungjong said, “when you should be asking yourself why do you like him? And what are you saying?! You’re gorgeous!”

                “W-What are you talking about?”

                “______ don’t hide it. I can see that look in your eyes.”

                “But it’s only physical attraction. He’s a jerk who only likes to sleep a lot and eat,” I stated.

                Sungjong shrugged. “Maybe so. But you never know…he could end up winning you over with his personality too.”

                “Hmm…”

                “Now ______, head back to APink before it gets colder. I heard there’s a blizzard coming tonight. And leave before any of the Infinite Boys decide to make a move.  We’ll switch back soon, I promise,” Sungjong said.

                “Okay. It was nice seeing you, oppa. Tell them I said hi,” I said.

                “Psh no way! I am never letting them mention you ever again.” Sungjong rolled his eyes.

                I laughed. “Bye oppa!”

                “Bye dongsaeng!”

                I bid my older brother goodbye and headed back to my school, a school where I belonged.

 

No One’s POV:

                “What? She’s leaving already?” Woohyun pouted.

                “Shut up Romeo,” Hoya mumbled.

                The members walked back to the dorm and L didn’t say a word for the rest of the day.

                That night Sungyeol questioned him with concern. “Myungsoo-ah, you alright?”

                L nodded, turning a page in his Twilight book.

                “Dude, why the are you reading Twilight?” Hoya asked.

                “Yeah, what happened to your Harry Potter books?” Sunggyu asked.

                L didn’t say a word, but instead continued reading.

                “Let me see that,” Sungyeol said, snatching the Twilight book from Myungsoo’s hands. “Oh god he’s at the part where Edward saves Bella from the van.”

                “How would you know that scene of the book, Sungyeol?” Hoya questioned.

                “U-Um…y’know, I was movie hopping one day and just happened to walk into the Twilight showing,” Sungyeol said rather suspiciously.

                “Hmm…I see,” Hoya replied.

                “Myungsoo-ah what’s been up with you today? Did something happen?” Sunggyu asked.

                Myungsoo shook his head, going back to his Twilight book.

                Sunggyu shrugged. “Okay. If you say so.”

                “He didn’t ‘say’ anything,” Sungyeol mumbled. “The guy’s a stone wall.”

                Sungyeol looked away and bit his lip. I know him better than anyone else…he’s doing this to rid of his feelings for her…it’s as if, he’s already accepted the idea that he and her will never be together. Either that or he’s trying to get himself to like Woori again… Twilight was Woori’s favorite book series. Both theories include ______...

                Sungyeol looked over at Hoya, who’d been thinking the same thing.

                He already likes her, Sungyeol thought.

                Hoya observed L from a distance. No matter how hard he tries, those feelings won’t go away so easily.