In Love?

This Love is Infinite


Listen to JLO ft. Pitbull - On the Floor:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmzXdtYzhFw&feature=related           

The dance was blasting some random pop song as I walked in with Sungjong beside me.

            “So where is he?” I asked him, slightly anticipated.

            “Hmm….” Sungjong searched the crowd. “Oh! There he is!”

            My jaw dropped. “G-Gongchan? The guy from my English class?!”

            “Oh you know him? Then that’s even better!”

            “B-But….I thought it was gonna be one of the Infinite Boys,” I said.

            “Psh are you kidding me? Those guys are Casanovas. Not to mention extremely dirty. Gongchan over here is very well groomed and even flosses. He’s perfect!” Sungjong exclaimed.

            “Just because he flosses you like him?!”

            “Yah, it’s hard to find someone who flosses these days! Why, were you expecting someone else? Perhaps….” Sungjong leaned in closer and said dramatically, “L?”

            I turned pink. “N-NO! Why would I want him?!”

            Sungjong chuckled. “I heard he’s taking someone else so I didn’t bother asking. Now, let’s go introduce you to Gongchan.”

            “W-Wait!”

            But it was already too late. Sungjong was pulling me towards Gongchan, who was casually moving to the beat in a crisp black suit and grey tie. Yes, he looked good and very handsome, but for some reason this felt wrong.

           “Hey Gongchan, this is my younger sister ______. ______, this is Gongchan,” Sungjong said with a smile.

            “Nice to meet you!” Gongchan said with a sweet smile.

            “H-Hi.” *We’ve somewhat met before*

            “I’ll leave you two alone,” Sungjong said, slipping away.

            I stood there awkwardly, not wanting to even look at him.

            “So, you wanna dance?” Gongchan asked.

            I forced a grin. “Sure.”

            Gongchan led me back to the dance floor and we rocked back and forth to the beat.

            I was nonchalantly dancing when I suddenly saw L out of the corner of my eye. He was leisurely standing by the punch bowl, wearing a similar outfit to Sungjong and Gongchan. But for some reason, to me, he was shining in his suit. Even glowing. He looked amazing in his clean black suit and tie. His hair was slightly up and he looked bored. I then noticed the girl next to him, who was none other than Go Woori. She had her arms crossed and was playing with her phone. I then realized that if we were to run into each other tonight, then things could get ugly. But I couldn’t stop it now. Cause when he casually looked up she saw me, clear as day.

            Her eyes widened and her surprised expression quickly morphed into an evil and malicious one. L noticed Woori was staring at someone and followed her eyes, which led to me.

            His eyes widened as well.

            “Is something wrong _______?” Gongchan asked me.

            I shakily shook my head. “N-No.”

            Woori smirked and linked her arms with L as she and him walked up to Gongchan and me. L looked puzzled as he trailed along beside Woori.

            “So we meet again,” Woori said. “You know, I thought that was you out there on the football field that other night. What? Are you sleeping with boys from Infinite?” she laughed at her own joke.

            I glared at her. “No. And that sounds more like something you would do.”

            “Then what were you doing there that night?”

            “What were you?”

            She clung tighter onto L’s stiff arm. “I was talking to my boyfriend.”

            L’s eyes widened even more but he didn’t say anything.

            “L has a girlfriend?” Gongchan asked from behind.

            “Apparently he does,” I mumbled.

            “So I told you my reason. What’s yours?” Woori asked.

            “None of your business,” I snarled.

            Woori pierced her eyes into mine. “Hmm….interesting.

Listen to Infinite - Can You Smile? (Instrumental):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkA62ykbPNc&feature=related           

Suddenly a slow song started playing and people started to pair up as they slowly swayed to the soft music.

            “C’mon, let’s dance,” Woori purred to L, reaching down to take his hand.

            L nodded in reply and Woori led him out to the dance floor, where he put his hands on her waist and where she put her hands on his neck. She glanced back at me and smirked.

            I stood there and watched L dance with Woori, with their bodies so close to one another’s. And strangely, I felt pain. I don’t know where it was coming from but I felt it, all throughout my body. Like someone was internally punching me.

            “Wanna dance _______?” Gongchan suddenly asked quietly behind me.

            I snapped out of it. “O-Oh yeah….sure, let’s go.”

            So Gongchan and I slow danced as well. It grew more comfortable as time passed and I rested my chin on Gongchan’s shoulder. I looked up and met eyes with L, who was staring right back at me. Woori’s back was to me, and Gongchan’s back was to L, but our eyes never left each other during that one slow song. Funny how we were dancing with different people, but we were still staring at each other like this. For once I couldn’t read what was going on in his eyes. What was he thinking about, right at this moment?

            The slow song eventually ended and L and I awkwardly looked away from each other.

            “Kay guys now it’s time for the spotlight dance!” The DJ proudly announced. “This is DJ Doojoon in the house! We will be picking 2 random people from the crowd and pull them together for a surprise dance in front of everyone! Now let’s see who will be the lucky people tonight….”

            Spotlights roamed around the dance floor and I felt myself tense up.

            *Please not me please not me please not me*

            The spotlight landed on me.

            .

            I looked around for the second spotlight and found L standing under it.

            Double .

            “Woo! There’s our lucky couple for tonight! Now will the 2 of you guys step onto the stage please?” the DJ asked.

            L and I hesitantly went up to the stage, and I felt myself shake. Was this a dream?

            “Do you guys know each other?” the DJ asked us.

            L and I looked at each other.

            “Sorta…,” the both of us mumbled.

            “Well even better then! The last song is to them and to many others who are with their loved ones tonight. Enjoy!” the DJ cheered. Then the DJ pointed to the dance floor and gestured his hands towards it. “Will you?”

            Instead of going down there to dance, L and I awkwardly stood there on the stage, not daring to look at the other.

            “Oh c’mon! Don’t be shy!” DJ Doojoon took L’s hand and put it in mine. Then he gave the both of us a little push down the stairs to the dance floor.

            We had no choice at this point.

            The spotlight was still on us, too.

            So L and I reluctantly slow danced with each other, although we were a big distance apart. We were barely even touching. It was way too awkward.

            “What does she think she’s doing?” I heard Woori say in the background. “Ha! Whatta . She can’t even slow dance with him.”

            L glanced back at her and back to me. “I’m sorry,” he said quietly.

            I blinked. “H-Huh?”

            L nodded back at Woori. “For her behavior.”

            “O-Oh….hehe it’s okay…we’re enemies anyways,” I replied.

            “You and Woori are enemies?” L asked.

            “Yeah…I think you would’ve figured that out by now.”

            L tilted his head to the side. “Well I sort of had an idea….”

            He just looked so cute tilting his head like that that I just had to smile.

            L smirked. “What?”

            “You’re so cute,” I heard myself say to him.

            L raised a brow. “Am I?”

            I nodded. “Yes you are.” I smiled even bigger. “Very cute.”

            L studied me. “Well….I guess I could say the same about you.”

            Suddenly, I remembered something:

 

“You thought my sister was pretty?” I asked L. I felt myself tense up, wondering if he really did.

            “No comment,” he said, taking a bite from his bagel.

 

            *So he really did think I was pretty?*

            Oh god I felt like melting on the spot when I had that sudden realization. But I kept my cool and simply smiled as the awkward air around us blew away.

            “I’ve met you before that day at the ice cream parlor, haven’t I?” L asked me.

            I grinned. “Maybe~”

            “I felt like we’ve seen each other before….like we’ve talked to each other before….like we’ve studied together before…..” Then L leaned closer, and softly whispered, “….like we’ve lived with each other before.”

            My eyes widened and I felt myself freeze. Not only because of the fact that his face was so close to mine, but also because I had the sudden realization that L was right. He was right about all of the things he’d just said to me. We have seen each other, we have talked to each other before, we have studied together before, and we have lived with each other before. And we still do.

            But I’d done these things with him as Lee Sungjong, not Lee _______. Could it be….

            I shook the thought away from my head. No way could he have known. It probably was just a coincidence.

            The song ended and we were pulled away sooner than we would’ve liked to. Not because we wanted to, but because the Infinite Boys rushed over to L as soon as the song ended while Sungjong and a couple of other friends rushed over to me, breaking the 2 of us apart.

            “Kim Myungsoo you lucky beast!” Woohyun was saying.

            “You seduced her, didn’t you?”

            “Haha Woori can go it!”

            “Dude, snap out of it.”

            “Are you ing blushing?”

            On my side Sungjong and Chorong were spazzing.

            “Oh my gosh _______!”

            “Didn’t you want to dance with him?”

            “Wtf where’s Gongchan?”

            “You guys looked so cute together!”

But all I did was keep quiet as I stood there, feeling a big rush in my stomach; it was so hard that my stomach was starting to hurt because of it.

            “What’s wrong ______?” Sungjong asked.

            I looked up at him. “M-My stomach, oppa….it feels like there are butterflies flying around in there.”

            Sungjong chuckled. “Oh, you silly goose!” then he leaned closer and whispered in my ear. “It’s means that you’re in love.”

            “I-In love?” I looked back at L who was being crowded by the Infinite Boys.

            Sungjong chuckled again. “Yeah. And apparently little sis, seems like you got it bad.”