Let's Forget

This Love is Infinite

Listen to BEAST – The Fact:        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7Nv7ok0DE

The party was over and the Infinite Boys were cleaning up. L was sitting on the couch, still wet, thinking over about what he’d done.

            He sighed in frustration and rubbed his head tiredly.

            “Yah, not gonna clean up?” Sunggyu asked him.

            L definitely wasn’t in the mood to clean up but got up anyways.

            Hoya went over to the punch bowl and sniffed it. “As suspected,” he said to himself. “The punch was spiked.”

            “Probably by Woori,” Sungyeol added.

            Hoya shook his head. “No I don’t think it was her.”

            “Then who was it?” Sungyeol asked.

            Suddenly one of Sungyeol’s security guards comes over. He was holding a guy by his shirt collar and holding an incriminating substance in his hands.

            “Who’s he?” Sungyeol asked.

            The security guard held up the substance in the bag, “The guy spiked the punch. Thought it’d be a fun way to get the party goin.”

            Sungyeol looked at the guy in disbelief. “And who are you?”

            The guy was just laughing absentmindedly, obviously still a bit drunk.

            “His name’s Yoon Daehyun. Goes to MBLAQ High,” the security guard said.

            “Wow we don’t even know anybody from there,” Woohyun said, chiming in. “A random guy spiked the freakin punch bowl.”

            “So maybe Woori really is innocent here,” Sungyeol said.

            “Yeah but we’d better not think of her as an innocent lamb. She’s still quite evil, even though this incident hadn’t been her doing,” Hoya said.

            “Dude have you been watching CSI or something again? Quite the detective you are,” Woohyun remarked.

            Hoya rolled his eyes and dumped the punch into the sink.

            “Detective or not,” Hoya said, “We’re still faced with the problem that ______ now thinks of L as a lying, cheating bastard. We know how he is when he drinks. It couldn’t be helped. But ______ doesn’t know that.”

            L came over and dumped a bunch of empty cups into the trash can, not saying a word.

            “Yah, Myungsoo-ah,” Sungyeol said.

            L didn’t say anything.

            “Three members gave up on ______ so that you could have her. What are you going to do now?” Woohyun asked.

            L stood there, biting his lip in frustration. “I don’t know,” he said quietly.

 

Listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ97wueUXEM

______’s POV:

            “Whoa…”

            “It’s pretty, isn’t it?”

            I nodded with a genuine smile. “Big Bang World’s night lights are amazing.”

            L. Joe grinned in satisfaction. “See? You’re having a good time already.” He took my hand and said, “Are you ready to forget tonight?”

            “Mm. I’m ready.”

            L. Joe pulled me and ran playfully as the two of us entered the fun amusement park. We went on ride after ride, screaming our guts out on every one. We played carnival games and L. Joe won me a big stuffed monkey on a shooting game. He was very good at carnival games. We pigged out, eating nachos, hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, root beer floats, and caramel apples. I was having such a good time, engrossing myself in what L. Joe had to offer me. We went into the haunted house and I wasn’t even scared. Instead L. Joe and I waved to all of the “monsters” and joked around at about how much makeup the actors must be wearing.

            It was time to go on the scariest roller coaster there: The Lightning Bolt. It was the fastest and most horrifying ride in the entire park. With a bunch of loops and sharp turns, all going at lightning speed, it was a sure thriller. But Byunghun and I were ready.

            The both of us sat next to each other on the cart and L. Joe squeezed my hand. “Are you ready?” he asked me.

            I smiled. “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

            DING!

            The ride sped off and L. Joe and I screamed as loud and as hard as we could. I held on tight onto his hand and he held tight onto mine. It was so nice to play and hang out with him like this. It made me happy, and it made me forget about him.

            L who?

            I didn’t even know anymore.

            When the ride stopped my heart was beating so hard that it felt like it was going to fly out of my chest.

            “WHOO! THAT WAS BEAST!” L. Joe cried.

            Some girls behind us were laughing as they checked him out at the same time. But then they saw him holding my hand and glared at me. Haha.

            L. Joe and I went on the carousal as our last ride. Even then we were still joking around.

            “Haha my horse is taller than yourrrss!” L. Joe said.

            “Nuh uh! Mine has a bejeweled saddle. What now,” I replied.

            “Our horses should get married,” L. Joe said.

            “But my horse doesn’t like you or your horse,” I said.

            L. Joe faked an offended expression and I laughed even harder.

            After the carousal ride, L. Joe and I were officially pooped. The two of us sat on a bench and ate some more ice cream as the two of us looked at all of the lights and the stars sprinkled in the sky above us.

            “Do you have a favorite constellation?” L. Joe asked.

            I shook my head. “Nope. I’m not really into astronomy. Are you?”

            L. Joe nodded and pointed up at the sky. “Do you see that one? That’s my favorite. It’s called Andromeda.”

            “That’s a pretty name,” I remarked.

            “We should name the baby of our horses Andromeda,” L. Joe said jokingly.

            I laughed in response, my ice cream cone. “Yes totally.”

            “_______,” L. Joe said. “Can I see your phone?”

            I nodded and handed him my phone. He looked at my wallpaper and smiled in content. “Good. It’s still here.”

            “I like that picture,” I said. “We’re wearing matching colors.”

            “Periwinkle for the word,” L. Joe said, giving me back my phone.

            The two of us talked for a little more and decided to head home. L. Joe drove me back on his motorcycle and bid me goodnight.

            “Thank you,” I said. “For everything. You really did make me forget, even for just a little bit.”

            “Big Bang World will now be our place, okay? No more Myungsoo,” L. Joe said.

            I laughed and nodded. “Sure. But really, thank you. I’m glad to have you as a friend.”

            I saw L. Joe’s face cringe at the word “friend” but nodded in response. “Mm. But as a friend or as a boyfriend…I would still protect you either way. I hope you know that, ________.”

            I nodded. “I know.”

            L. Joe stared at me and said, “But no matter what I do, it’s always going to be him, isn’t it?”

            I didn’t really want to answer him because I felt like he already knew what I was going to say. But L. Joe shrugged it off nonchalantly and smiled again, assuring me that he was okay. “I guess it’s kind of my fault,” L. Joe said. “If you’d met me first, you wouldn’t have fallen in love with him. It would’ve been me.”

            “Are you sure about that?” I asked.

            L. Joe pointed to himself. “I’m Best Flirt! Of course I would’ve won you over if you’d met me first.”

            I smiled at his cuteness and looked back at my house. “I should go inside. One again, thank you so much.”

            L. Joe nodded at me. “No problem.” He stared at me again and waved. “I’ll see you around, ______. Call me.”

            “Will do.”

Listen to INFINITE – Fixed Star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_2Ng8M0XKg

            L. Joe put on his helmet and waved one last time before speeding off into the darkness on his motorcycle. I sighed to myself and went inside my house. It’d been a long night.

            I went inside to see Sungjong bundled up with a bunch of tissues on the couch, with 49 Days on the TV.

            “Oppa!” I said, surprised at seeing him crying. “What happened?” I looked at the TV. “Was it because of the drama?”

            Sungjong shook his head and sniffled. “She…” he paused, catching his breath. It hurt me so see his eyes so red. “BoMi….,” he said quietly, “she’s been cheating on me.”

            My eyes widened. “W-What?”

            “I saw her!” Sungjong said, the tears rolling down his face. “I came to Sungyeol’s party and saw her making out with some guy in the bathroom. She told me that she’d always thought it was creepy how I’d dressed up as a girl just to meet her and had been playing with me this entire time. She’s been playing with me! Can you believe that?!”

            I went over and hugged my brother, patting his back as he continued to cry. I started to hate this BoMi girl by the minute. Who does she think she is?!

            “It’s okay oppa,” I said. “We’ll get revenge, just like how we did to Woori during those years back.”

            “But I actually liked her!” Sungjong said. “I can’t believe that she would do this to me.”

            I knew how Sungjong felt. My heart had been broken tonight, too. But I hated seeing my older brother cry and I wouldn’t tolerate it.

            The next day I took Sungjong to Big Bang World and did all of the things that L. Joe did for me. Sungjong felt better by the evening, where we dined out as a family at his favorite Korean restaurant. It then occurred to me how great L. Joe was. Why didn’t I fall for someone like him? Maybe he was right. Maybe if I’d met him first, then I wouldn’t have fallen for L.

            But then I thought back to how I felt when I saw L for the first time, when he talked to me for the first time, when he taught me tricks on my bike, and his smile. His beautiful, beautiful smile.

            But maybe it was only his looks. Maybe I didn’t really like him after all. But how I felt after the party said it all. I had liked him, but whether I still did I wasn’t sure.

            Even though I was contemplating on whether or not I actually did like him, I still missed him. I missed seeing him first thing in the morning and having class with him.

            “_______,” Chorong said to me. “Do you miss him?”

            It was funny how she hadn’t even said his name. She’d only said “him” and yet the image of one particular boy flashed through my mind. She didn’t even have to say his name and yet I already knew who she was talking about.

            I looked away and continued doing my worksheet. Chorong sighed and continued to do her work as well. Because as my best friend, I’m pretty sure that she already knew the answer.

 

A/N: ohohoho more people are starting to like L. Joe LOOOL whoops :3