None of Your Business

This Love is Infinite

Listen to M to M - This is Really Goodbye: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhrWYIoy9vk

______’s POV:

            I don’t know how long I stayed in bed the following morning, just thinking about my feelings for L. I kept seeing his face flash throughout my mind, and I remembered the first day I saw him sleeping in his bunk. I smiled at the memory and my heart suddenly longed for him. The memories turned sour as I remembered how he’d kissed Woori at Sungyeol’s party.

            Ugh I shouldn’t even be thinking about him anyways.

            I went shopping with Sungjong the entire afternoon, hoping that it’d take my mind off of him. Sungjong seemed quite happy as he talked about one of the girls that’d been at the barbeque place, Hayoung. Wow my brother seemed to be moving on quickly. I wish I could say the same.

            At night, things were still the same. I couldn’t get him out of my head. So I slipped on a simple pair of sweats and decided to go for a night jog. I wasn’t in the mood to sleep anyways.

            After about 30 minutes of nonstop jogging/running I was growing thirsty and stopped by a nearby convenience store to grab some water.

            After purchasing the stuff I went back outside to run into none other than Kim Myungsoo. He was just about to get off his bike until he saw me, and the both of us froze at the unexpected sight of each other.

            “______,” L said.

            I rolled my eyes and brushed past him, not saying a word.

            “Wait, _____!” L called, running after me.

            I didn’t stop though, and instead walked faster until I was on an all out run.

            “______!”

            I heard L get onto his bike and ride after me. I picked up my pace and refused to look at him.

            “______ can we talk?” L asked, pedaling beside me.

            “No,” I coldly said. “Get- whoa!”

            Before I could finish my sentence I’d somehow tripped over a crack and twisted my ankle as I fell to the ground with a splat!

            “______ are you okay?”

            L went over and tried to help me up but I brushed him off, trying to get up myself. While standing I could feel my ankle hurt a bit at the impact and I suddenly wanted to cry. How embarrassing.

            L smirked. “You can’t run away now.”

            “Joy,” I mumbled sarcastically.

            I limped ahead and L was silent for a while, slowly pedaling beside me.

            “Does it…” L bit his lip. “…does it hurt?”

            I didn’t reply. It actually didn’t hurt as much as a twisted ankle should. Like, you know one of those minor ones that go away within minutes? But for some reason I didn’t want to tell L that.

            L exhaled. “That’s it.”

            He made a sharp turn and stopped his bike right in front of me, blocking my way.

            “Get lost,” I hissed.

            “Don’t tell me you’re going to walk all the way back with that twisted ankle,” L said.

            His words were a waste of my time. I tried to go around him but he blocked me.

            “Get on my bike,” L commanded.

            I stared up at him. “What?”

            L avoided my eyes and faced his back to me.

            I hesitated, wondering if I should be allowing my heart to fly over to him again. But I could barely walk and I didn’t want my ankle to get injured further, so I put my feet on the back pedals of L’s bike and put my hands on his shoulders.

            “Does your ankle hurt from standing?” L asked.

            I shook my head and said softly, “No.”

            L grinned to himself. “That’s good.”

            He started pedaling and I’d intended to keep my hands on his shoulders the entire ride back. But riding on the back of a bike wasn’t the same as riding on the back of a motorcycle, not to mention that I was practically standing. L started pedaling faster and even had the nerve to ride over bumps and curbs. I was even beginning to consider the possibility that he was doing all of these things on purpose just so I would cling on tighter to him.

            He got his wish, though. I was so scared of falling off that I wound up wrapping my arms around his entire neck. When I did so I could practically hear him smirk in satisfaction.

            “Where’s your house?” L asked.

            “Around the corner, the third one,” I said, pointing.

            L turned and softly stopped by my driveway, parking beside the curb. I reluctantly got off and mumbled a, “Thanks,” before walking up to the front door.

            “Wait,” L said.

            I turned around. “What?”

            “Are you…are you and L. Joe really dating?” L asked hesitantly.

            I looked at him, curious. “Why do you want to know?”

            L blinked and looked away. “N-No reason…” He scratched the back of his head. “So um…are you?”

            I sighed and shrugged. “I don’t know.”

            “What do you mean you don’t know?”

            “I mean,” I said, clarifying, “that it’s none of your business. I don’t ask about you and Woori, now do I?”

            The look on L’s face meant that I’d definitely broken a barrier between us. I’d said something that was actually true, something that he couldn’t defy. I’d used the wild card: bringing up that little cougar.

            L didn’t reply and I took it as a sign that he’d accepted my answer, whatever it had been.

            “Good night, Myungsoo.” I said quietly before going inside.

            I closed the front door behind me and rested my back against it as Myungsoo could be heard pedaling away. It was strange how complicated everything was. I’m acting like he and I had just broken up when we hadn’t even been going out in the first place. Maybe it was because I’d actually thought that I had a chance with the cold city boy, believing that he could actually like me back.

            I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. The jog was supposed to make me forget about him, but instead it made me think about him even more.

 

A/N: oh my god basically i'm just stalling a bit before i write the biggest scene in the story LOL so anticipate it! :D i'll try to finish it asap...