Things are normal...for now

This Love is Infinite

Because of finals week, Sungjong and I were forced to switch back earlier than expected. The both of us needed to finish up with the curriculum for the semester so that we could ace each other’s exams. I’m hoping that Sungjong does well on mine. The teachers at APink don’t love me for nothing.

            That week I dressed up and walked back into Infinite All Boys Boarding School. I stared up at the school with a sad smile, knowing that this might be the last time that I’ll ever be doing this.

            I will never forget the memories that I made here,I thought.

            With my head held high I entered the school, just like how I’d done on the first day. I went back into the Infinite Boy’s dorm to get Sungjong’s textbooks. It was morning and everyone was getting ready for class. I came in to find all of the guys changing, putting on their ties on correctly and combing their hair. Dongwoo and Sungyeol just came back from the shower. Sungyeol saw me and smiled. He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

            “Welcome back, Lee Sungjong,” he said softly. Such a simple sentence, yet there was something about the way he’d said it that made me happy, as if he actually accepted me.

            Then I remembered how he’d already known my existence at this school as a boy. If he’d known all along, why didn’t he bother ratting me out?

            I smiled back at him and said, “Feels great to be back.” This will be the last time.

            With a pat on my shoulder, Sungyeol went over to go put on a shirt. Hoya was staring at me weirdly and looked over at L, who was still sleeping in his top bunk.  Hoya knew my real identity as well, but didn’t say anything about it. He hadn’t even confronted me. I wondered why Sungyeol and Hoya knew but yet didn’t bother to say anything.

            “Maybe they were secretly protecting and didn’t want you to leave,” Sungjong had told me jokingly.

            My thoughts were interrupted as Sunggyu said, “Sungjong-ah, go wake up that lazy dog, will you?”

            I blinked, my heart starting to beat faster. “L hyung?”

            “Well yeah who else sleeps here as much as him?” Sunggyu laughed.

           “O-Okay.” I cautiously went over to L’s bunk and peeked up at his sleeping face. He looked so handsome, so beautiful sleeping like that. I was reminded of how he looked when I first saw him and grew sad again at the thought of leaving my life as a boy. When I hang out with them as a girl things just aren’t the same.

            “Myungsoo-ah, MYUNGSOO-AH!” I yelled, shaking the guy awake.

            L grumpily opened his eyes and said, “Aish! Who the is disturbing my…” his words trailed off as he saw me. He stared at me, squinting his eyes, and said, “Sungjong?”

            I swallowed. This scene was so much different from when I’d first met him. Back then I could stare at his attractive face and feel completely normal. Now I actually had feelings and I tried so hard to refrain myself from giggling because of how cute he looked in the morning. Oh god. Feelings.

            “Yes?” I said, trying my best to be calm.

            L looked at me weirdly and lay back down on his bed. “I don’t want to get up,” he mumbled.

            “But you have to go to school,” I said. Then I noticed something underneath his pillow. I made a dash for it and grabbed it before L could snatch it out of my hands.

            “The seventh Harry Potter book? You’re there already?!” I exclaimed. “The semester isn’t even done yet!”

            “Hey who said you could touch my stuff?” L said, taking if from my hands.

            I smiled to myself without realizing it. “You remembered our promise.”

            It was quiet between us as L got out of bed. “Of course I would,” he said quietly. He grabbed his uniform from the bedpost and headed to the bathroom halls without saying another word.

            I watched him walk out of the dorm and felt my heart break a little. I’ll probably never even tell him my true feelings either.   

            School was going to start in about 10 minutes so I had no clue how L was going to get ready in time.

            “Sungjong-ah.”

            I snapped out of it again. “Yes?”

            The Infinite Boys were all standing by the doorway while L stood there to the side, just coming in from his shower. How the did he…

            Sunggyu smiled. “Are you coming with us?”

            L threw his pajamas into the laundry basket and met my eyes. He smiled and coolly walked over to the doorway where the rest of the Infinite Boys were.

            I felt my heart flutter and said, “Yes. Of course!”

            So the Infinite Boys and I walked down the halls of the school as the student body looked at us in envy. I saw the drama freaks snarling by their lockers. Even while being with the coolest kids in school, I knew that deep down inside they were dorks that could lighten up my life any day. For the time being, I had to enjoy every second I got with them. Things were going to be normal again. But not for long.

 

A/N: i needed an excuse for more you and Myungsoo moments LOL