Old Enemies, A Beautiful Voice, and Breakfast

This Love is Infinite

A/N: LOL sorry guys! i've been getting a little lazy -_- but nonetheless, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter! <3


The next day during English I sat next to L again and said, “So, about last night…do you remember anything?”

            L gave me that look again which told me no. It’s funny how fast I’d learned to read his eyes.

            I sighed in relief and said, “Well, you know, just checking. I guess I’ll leave you back to your reading now.”

            I made a move to the front of the classroom next to this guy named Gongchan.

            “Did you just talk to L?” he asked me.

            “Yeah.”

            “Did he say anything?”

            I shook my head. “Nope. He didn’t say a word.”

Listen to Rainbow – A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1jccwpNuE8

One night I was lying in bed, awake again, unable to sleep, when I suddenly felt L stir around above me. He climbed down the latter and tip toed over to his closet where he pulled out a hat and a jacket. He put on his shoes and stealthily headed out the door.

            My first thought would’ve been that he was sleep walking again but he’d moved around so precisely that it seemed unlikely.

            Full with curiosity, I got up and followed him out. He was moving very quickly, but I managed to follow him out to the football field, where I saw a figure waiting for him in the distance.

            I hid behind a bush and peeked over at the person who L was running to. The person walked up to him and I squinted my eyes a bit to realize that it was a girl. She had long brown hair and was wearing an excessive amount of eyeliner. How she got into the football field of an all boys school I don’t know, but I was too preoccupied about the fact that L had snuck out to meet a girl. A girl. And a somewhat pretty one at that. But the more I looked at her, the more familiar she became to me. And it wasn’t long before I’d recognized who she was:

            Go Woori.

      My arch nemesis.

      What the was she doing here?! I thought I’d seen the last of her once she graduated!

            Go Woori was the ultimate epitome of evil in disguise. Her beautiful exterior melted the hearts of men and then she took advantage of them until she got tired. Then she’d dump them like they were trash.

            And sadly, my own brother Lee Sungjong had been one of her victims.

            Yes, tis true. He’d been one of her toys. She completely played with him and broke his heart. She went out with him during her senior year when Sungjong was a softmore while I was still just a freshman. After she broke up with him she immediately started going out with this guy named Niel. She had a knack for younger guys. Probably because they were easier to lure in. But I wasn’t going to let her get away with what she did to my brother so I made her life hell. She, in turn, did the same to me. We spread rumors, bashed each other online, vandalized each other’s lockers, and the list went on. She remembered me as the iest freshman and I remembered her as the iest senior. When she graduated I thought that I’d never have to run into her ever again. But I guess I was wrong.

            I couldn’t hear a word that they were saying but she was yelling at him, looking angry, while he was just standing there with his head down.

            “What’s going on?” I asked myself, trying to get a better view. I was hoping to get a small hearing of L’s voice but the only person talking – no, more like yelling – was Woori.

            That . Who does she think she is?

            “Why is she yelling at him?” I made a move to get closer but someone suddenly held me back.

            “What is a girl doing at Infinite All Boys Boarding School?” a voice boomed into my ears.

            I froze. That was when I realized that I’d made a dash out of the dorm without putting on my wig. I was now exposed, as a girl, not only to the security guard clinging onto the back of my shirt, but to L and little Woori over there too.

            The two of them looked over in my direction and I quickly looked away. But I was pretty sure that L had already seen my face. I didn’t care much about Woori though. The girl’s as dumb as an orange.

            The security guard flashed his flashlight over to where L was and I was surprised to find that Woori had disappeared. She was nowhere in sight, she’d disappeared like a ninja.

Listen to IU – Someday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sXfP7xdMo

            “L goon, is that you?” the security guard asked, peering over at him.

            L nodded in response.

            “What are you doing out here past curfew?” the security guard asked nicely.

            *Please, please, please talk at least once before I get kicked out of this school!*

            L slid his hands into his pockets and shrugged. “I couldn’t sleep.”

            *OMG OMG HE TALKED! HE TALKED! He has such a nice voice. Why doesn’t he talk more often?*

            “Oh I see. That’s understandable.” The security guard turned to me and said with a more firm voice, “Now, young lady, will you mind telling me what you – a girl – are doing here at Infinite Boarding School?”

            “U-U-Uh….I-I-I…..”

            * *

            “You have something that belongs to me, right?” L suddenly asked me, giving me a look that said something like ‘play along, I’m helping you out here, ’.

            “U-Um…” I dug around in my pajama pockets but found nothing. It wasn’t like I was going to find anything either. Then I saw the bracelet on my wrist. It was a simple white gold bracelet that both Sungjong and I wore since childhood.

            I took it off and hesitantly handed it to L.

            “Thanks.” He put it in his pocket.

            “You called her out all the way over here to get back a bracelet?” the security guard asked.

            L nodded. “It’s precious. I can’t go to sleep without it.”

            The security guard pointed to me and then back to him. “Are you 2 dating?”

            I felt myself turn bright red. Thank god that it was dark and no one could see cause I swear, I looked like a tomato.

            “No, sir. Nothing to see here,” L replied simply.

            “Kay. Make sure she gets home safely,” the security guard said.

            L nodded. “Will do.”

            When the security guard left L handed me back my bracelet and walked away without saying anything else.

            “Wait!” I said.

            He turned around.

            “Why…why did you help me?” I asked.

            L stood there and shrugged. “I don’t know. Do I have to have a reason for helping someone?”

            I looked down at my toes. “I-I guess not.”

            L didn’t say anything else and walked back to the dorm. I stood there, wondering about everything that just happened. Then it occurred to me that if L came back and saw “Sungjong’s” empty bed, even more suspicions would be aroused.

            I ran the other way around campus (the opposite way L had taken) to the dorm room. When I opened the door I found L already back in his bed, fast asleep, as if nothing had happened at all.

            I decided to wear my wig that night to sleep. I didn’t want to arouse more suspicions than I already did. But all the while, I started to wonder what L and Woori had to do with each other.

 

            “SUNGJONG!! SUNGJONG!!” someone yelled.

            I opened my eyes and shot up. “W-What?!”

            “DUDE! YOU’RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!” I heard someone shriek into my ears.

            “What the…it’s Saturday you fools.”

            The Infinite Boys blinked. “Y-You…remembered?”

            I nodded. “No . What? You guys think that I’d fall for such a middle school trick like that?”

            Dongwoo blinked. “Y-Yeah. I-I mean…” he pouted. “I fell for it…”

            The guys cracked up and I laughed too.

            “Since it’s Saturday, let me all treat you guys breakfast,” Woohyun announced.

            “Dude, is he sick or something? He never treats us,” Sunggyu said.

            “Hey! I do every once in a while! And I’m in a good mood!” Woohyun claimed.

            “Don’t fall for it! It’s a scam!” Sungyeol cried.

            L snickered in the background and I laughed again. “I’m up for that.”

            “Cool! Let’s go!” Woohyun said, leading the way.

            I got up, casually fixed my wig, and grabbed some clothes before dashing off to the bathroom halls.

            “Wait,” Hoya suddenly said.

            I stopped. “What?”

            “Why won’t you just change here? We’re all guys.” Then he smirked. “Right?”

            I trembled. “Y-Yeah…b-but….I-I have a really bad rash on my back s-so yeah hehe imma go now!”

            Before anyone could ask any questions I went to the bathroom and changed as I fast as I could.

            When I came back the guys were betting as to if Woohyun would really pay for breakfast.

            “I really will guys! No need to bet!” Woohyun said.

            Sunggyu glared at him. “I don’t trust you.”

            “YAH!”

            Oh, the guys that I am forced to dorm with -_-

            In the end, Woohyun didn’t pay xD