Stealing Her Away

This Love is Infinite

 

            The scavenger hunt was over and all had returned.

            Except two.

            And L was the first one to notice this.

            “Hyung, did Sungjong and Sungyeol get back already?” L asked Sunggyu.

            “Hm…I don’t see them around. Are they in their tents?”

            “Nope,” Woohyun said, jumping in. “Just checked.”

            “ what if they’re lost!” Dongwoo said.

            “Dongwoo pish posh, Sungyeol can’t get lost! As for Sungjong…I’m not too sure,” Sunggyu said, pondering.

            “Maybe they got stuck out there,” Dongwoo suggested. “Should we go look for them?”

            “We’ll wait until it gets dark. If they’re not back by then than we’ll go look for them,” Sunggyu declared.

            The Infinite Boys separated and went off to attend their own businesses.

            L, on the other hand, couldn’t just stand there and wait until nightfall. He wondered where the two of you were and if you guys really were lost.

            So with that in mind, he grabbed his backpack and sneakily wandered away from the campsite.

            He stayed on the path through the forest and kept his eyes peeled, calling Sungyeol’s name every now and then. He didn’t want to call your name. That would’ve meant that he actually cared.

            Soon it got dark and he had to use his flashlight but he didn’t want to go back and give up. L forced himself to stay awake as he kept wandering around the forest, looking for you. He didn’t care if he got lost, he didn’t care if he didn’t know the way back. For some strange reason, he didn’t want to stop before he knew that you were alive and okay. He came across the animal trap hole and looked down. His eyes widened.

            There you were, as a girl, cuddled in Sungyeol’s arms as the two of you guys slept. L felt himself grow very hot and angry, although he didn’t know why.

            He was more concerned about the fact that your wig was off and that you were exposed as a girl. Did Sungyeol know, too? If so, how?

            “I thought I was the only one who knew,” L said to himself. He felt sad at the thought of not being the only one who knew your secret. For some reason it’d made him feel special for a moment.

            L grabbed a rock and threw it at Sungyeol’s head.

            “OW!” being the light sleeper he was, Sungyeol woke up instantly. He looked up and saw Myungsoo staring – or maybe more like glaring – down at him. “YAH!” Sungyeol blinked. “W-Wait…Myungsoo? Is that you?”

            “You idiot! What are you doing down there with her?” Myungsoo hissed.

            You stirred around in your sleep and the two boys were forced to whisper.

            “What do you mean?” Sungyeol asked.

            “Everyone’s looking for you guys! What if ______ gets exposed?” Myungsoo asked.

            “O-Oh yeah….well it’s not like I can put the wig back on her myself,” Sungyeol said.

            “Why the would you take it off in the first place?”

            Sungyeol smiled to himself, not saying anything.

            “Wait, Sungyeol, how did you know that he was a girl at all?” Myungsoo asked, interrupting Sungyeol’s giggly moment.

            “The question is, how do you know?” Sungyeol asked Myungsoo.

            “I asked you first.”

            “Well I asked you second.”

            “Mmm…”

            Sungyeol and L turned to you, who looked like you were about to wake up.

            “!”

            L stepped back from the hole so that no one below could see him. Sungyeol laid back down and pretended to be sleeping.

            You woke up and looked around, rubbing the back of your head in annoyance. Suddenly you realized that your wig was off and that you were a girl at the moment.

            In a sense of panic, you looked over at Sungyeol who was seen to be peacefully sleeping in a corner. Quickly, you put back on your wig and woke Sungyeol up.

            “Hyung, we have to get out of here,” you said.

            “Y-Yeah….” Sungyeol looked up and saw Myungsoo giving him a signal.

            Myungsoo, who’d had a rope in his backpack, came over and pretended to act surprised at seeing the two in the hole.

            “Did you bring a rope?” Sungyeol asked.

            Myungsoo nodded and swung it down while holding the other end to a tree trunk and held it tightly, as instructed by Sungyeol.

            “Come on up guys!” he said.

            Slowly, you and Sungyeol ascended from the hole and onto the forest floor again.

            “Do you know the way back? It’s really dark, even with my flashlight,”
 Myungsoo said.

            “Psh of course I know the way back!” Sungyeol sweetly looked at you. “C’mon, Sungjong-ah.”

            “Y-Yah,” Myungsoo said with caution, sensing something malicious.

            Sungyeol put a brotherly arm around you and led you away from Myungsoo as the three of you guys started to make your way back to the campsite.

            “Hey! Wait up!” Myungsoo yelled. “Why are you guys walking so fast?”

            You looked back at L and then to Sungyeol. “Hyung, why are we walking so fast? Shouldn’t we wait for L hyung?”

            Sungyeol shook his head and smiled, clearly enjoying this. “Nahhh. Messing around with Myungsoo is worth the fun.”

            So the three of you guys walked for a couple of hours more before finally reaching the campsite. L made efforts to get you away from Sungyeol but being the choding he was, Sungyeol was just all too clever.

            “Where were you guys? We were worried sick!” Woohyun exclaimed.

            “Oh just got stuck in a little animal trap. No biggie,” Sungyeol replied.

            “Psh if it wasn’t for me you guys wouldn’t even be here,” L mumbled.

            “Are you guys hungry? There’s still some leftover dinner,” Sandeul offered.

            Sungyeol looked at you and smiled. “Sure, let’s go have some late dinner, Sungjong-ah.” Then he glared at Myungsoo and casually pulled you off with him towards the picnic tables.

            All Myungsoo could do was stand there, feeling his infuriating heart burn with anger.