Who the duck is L. Joe?

This Love is Infinite

Listen to Rainbow - Kiss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-juI4b7YeY

______'s POV:

"We. Need. To. Switch. Back. NOW.

                I blinked, confused. Usually I would be the one to ask Sungjong for a switch. Now it was the other way around?

                “Why?” I asked.

                “I’m getting suspected over here. I’ll probably need to lay low for a week or so and then come back,” Sungjong replied.

                “Oppa, do you really like BoMi? Because it’s kind of weird how you like this whole role-playing thing more than me.Have you even made any progress?” I asked him.

                “_______, seriously, of course I really like her! In fact…she already knows about my true identity.”

                My eyes widened in surprise. “W-What? She does?! Was she freaked out?!”

                “Yeah but I told her that it was for a psychology project back at Infinite High and she seemed to understand. We’ve been getting closer since. It’s nice that I get to see her everyday and that I get to spend time with her like this. Because, you know, because our schools aren’t Co-Ed I might never have the chance to be with her like this again. But now I’m getting suspected because of some mishaps during Health,” Sungjong explained.

                “Oh what happened?”

                “Uhhh we took a pop quiz on the female body and I got them all wrong.”

                “Ouch!”

                “Yeah. So can we switch back? Or are you growing too attached to the Infinite Boys?”

                I sighed and leaned against the wall as I pressed the receiver closer to my face. “I don’t know. I honestly feel like most of them know but just don’t want to rat me out. I have no clue why they wouldn’t though.”

                “Haha maybe they’re all secretly in love with you and want you to stay,” Sungjong said sarcastically.

                I laughed. “Nawww. Maybe they’re just being nice. Or maybe waiting for me to mess up so they can laugh in my face.”

                “C’mon! They’re not that mean! Even though I despise them!”

                “Does everyone in the drama club hate them?” I asked.

                Sungjong shrugged on the other side. “Probably.”

                “Hmm…”

                “_______?”

                “Yes?”

                “Do you…” Sungjong paused, hesitating. “Do you like any of them?”

                I felt my heart skip a beat in nervousness at Sungjong’s question. Did I? “I…I honestly don’t know,” I replied quietly.

                “What do you mean you don’t know?”

                “I mean, like…they all take such good care of me, even as a boy, and I’m glad that I’ve met them. Of course I feel attraction towards…some…but I’m not sure if that means that I like him.”

                Sungjong clucked his tongue. “Okay. Think of it like this. If all of the Infinite Boys were dressed in suits and standing before you asking you to dance, who would you pick first?

                “Uh…” I thought about it. I tried imagine the guys in suits and ties and stuff but my mind just kept turning back to Myungsoo. Maybe it was because he’d been the only one whom I’d actually seen all dressed up nicely. Of course the other guys probably dressed up during homecoming but I only remembered him. Maybe it was because the way he was glowing in that suit and tie of his.

                “I guess Myungsoo,” I replied.

                “Myungsoo?”

                “L,” I added.

                “L? Myungsoo? You’re calling him by his real name? Oh my god he never lets anyone do that!” Sungjong exclaimed. “How close have you gotten to him ______?”

                “Not that close, actually. He’s a really quiet person who sleeps most of the time. Being the lazy person he is I don’t even know how he has abs.”

                “You’ve seen them?”

                “Yeah. And touched them.”

                “WOW. And how did you get to do that?”

                “Stomachache. The Asian oil treatment.”

                “Little sis, wouldn’t that have been an awkward moment for you two?” Sungjong asked.

                I considered it. “Yeah, I guess it should’ve been. But honestly I wasn’t paying much attention to that. I was too concerned about how much pain he was feeling.”

                “Oh god.”

                “What?” I asked.

                “______, do you hear yourself?  You like him. Oh god my little sister likes one of the Infinite Boys! How did I let this happen?” Sungjong scolded himself.

                “They’re not all that bad…”

                “To you!”

                “And I don’t like Myungsoo, Sungjong.”

                “Omg you’re even calling him his real name.”

                “Seriously, I don’t.”

                “Well, I think you do. Have you ever felt fluttery with him?”

                I nodded to myself. “Yeah, at the dance.”

                “Have you ever stared at him for more than 10 seconds?” Sungjong questioned.

                I remembered the time during the camping trip where I’d stared at his sleeping face. “Yes.”

                “Have you ever wanted to reach out and touch his face?”

                I nodded again. “Yes.”

                “See? You do like him,” Sungjong stated.

                “But how can I? We barely talk to each other and he seems to be annoyed by me. And plus…he likes Go Woori, my arch enemy. Even if I do like him, the possibility of an ‘us’ is slim to none. I’ll never have a chance with him,” I said.

                “He likes Go Woori? The cougar? My ex?” Sungjong asked.

                “Yeah. And apparently, for quite some time now. She seems to go out with every other young guy besides him,” I replied.

                “Hm…interesting.”

                “He is really handsome though…and he does the cutest little things,” I said, drifting off dreamily.

                “Maybe it’s only physical attraction.”

                “Hmm…maybe. It most likely is.”

                “But minds and hearts can change. Who knows, he might end up choosing you over Woori.”

                I laughed. “Yeah, maybe if he gets hit in the head by a cocoanut.”

                Sungjong laughed along with me. “Meet me after school ends, okay? Then we’ll switch.”

                I nodded. “Araso. Oh and by the way, you got nominated for the Pageant Olympics against Teen Top High.”

                “Oh my gosh really?! For what category?”

                “Most feminine.”

                “WHAT?! ______! What are you doing over there that would make the school think that I’m feminine?!”

                “Well Sungjong oppa, you do some mad kkap and it doesn’t help that you look more like mom than anything else,” I answered.

                “Yah, Lee ______! What have the Infinite Boys been teaching you nowadays?”

                I giggled. “Nothing~”

Listen to Teen Top - Clap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU1slStB5CM

No One’s POV:

                “GUYS! NOMINATIONS FROM TEEN TOP HIGH SCHOOL HAVE BEEN REVEALED!”               

                “WHERE?”

                All of us rushed the bulletin board to see the nominations that were revealed from Teen Top High. Sungjong only skipped to Infinite’s competition.

 

PAGEANT OLYMPICS Teen Top High NOMINATIONS

Most charismatic – C.A.P

Most ingenious - Changjo

Most flirty – L. Joe

Most versatile – Ricky

Most comedic – Chunji

Most emotionless – L. Joe

Most feminine – Niel

 

                “Who the is L. Joe?” Sungjong asked himself. “And how can he be nominated two times? Infinite can’t lose to Teen Top again.”

                “Ohohoho little L’s got some competition!” Sungyeol exclaimed from behind.

                “Us, both,” Woohyun said, looking at the nomination sheet. “Who the is L. Joe?”

                “That’s what I was thinking,” Hoya added. “It’s rare to have someone nominated twice. Even Woohyun and Myungsoo, our aces, are both only nominated once.”

                “We have to see this guy,” Woohyun said. "How can he be emotionless and an awesome flirt? Wtf."

"What kind of name is C.A.P?" Dongwoo asked aloud.

              “Well all of the contestants are being showcased next week. We’ll get to see this mofo then.” Sunggyu smirked. “Myungsoo, feeling any threat?”

                L smirked. “Not at all.”

 

                Later that day L. Sungyeol, and Hoya gathered together in secret.

                “It’s not ______,” Hoya clearly stated.

                “Well thank you captain obvious,” Sungyeol scoffed.

                “Dude, this is crucial,” L said.

                “No . ______’s a girl, we’d win that category no doubt. But now that the real Sungjong’s back for unknown reasons, our win for that category is definitely not guaranteed,” Hoya explained.

                “What do we do now?” Sungyeol asked.

                “It’s just one category, it’s okay. We don’t need to sweat over it,” L assured.

                “One category can make a huge difference in our chances of winning,” Sungyeol  countered.

                “Let’s just see if this Niel guy is of any threat first. If he is, then we’ll get ______ to come back,” Hoya said.

                “And how will we get her to do that without letting her know that we know about her true identity?” Sungyeol asked.

                Hoya smirked and looked over at all L, who stared back at him with a puzzled expression. “Don’t worry about that. I have a feeling that she’ll say yes to a certain person.”

 

A/N: it's Thanksgiving break! I hope you guys enjoyed the updates :) I'm so happy that this story is getting so much love! And I'm also happy that Infinite is getting more and more love both on here and in Japan ^^ i can proudly say that i'd always known that they'd be a successful group x) And I'll probably do a Christmas special soon, since it fits in with the time frame :D