Overprotective

This Love is Infinite

 

Listen to INFINITE – She’s Back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BllzbTW4tio      

“WOOHOO! SPRING VACATION!” Dongwoo screams as our plane takes off.

            “WOOOHOOO!” the seven of us scream back.

            I smiled and looked out the window of Sunggyu’s private jet, watching as the roads and cars below got smaller and smaller.

            “You know, I didn’t tell mom and dad,” Sungjong said beside me.

            “About what?” I asked.

            Sungjong giggled. “About how you’re going on a spring break vacation with a bunch of guys.”

            “Oh yeah…mom would be worried if she found out that I was the only girl huh?” I said.

            “Weeeeelll,” Sungjong said mischievously. “She doesn’t know now does she? Besides, you’ve basically been doing this for months. A few days on vacation won’t exactly make a difference.”

            “I guess. And it feels great to be hanging out with them again. And you too oppa!” I said excitedly.

            Sungjong smiled and patted the top of my head. I grinned in content and leaned back in my seat, relaxing.

            I looked back at the seat behind mine to see L sleeping. He had his ear buds on and was wearing all black, of course. I found it funny how the plane has barely taken off and yet he’d already fallen asleep. I’d always loved the way he looked when he slept…

            I hadn’t even realized that I was staring until L suddenly opened his eyes and caught me red handed.

            He smirked. “Am I really that handsome when I’m sleeping?”

            “N-No I was looking at….s-something behind you,” I fibbed.

            L raised a brow and looked behind him. “So you were looking at Sungyeol drool in his sleep?” he asked.

            I looked behind L and sure enough, Sungyeol was drooling in his sleep.

            “Sungyeol,” I said.

            Being the light sleeper he was, Sungyeol immediately woke up and looked at me. “What?”

            “Um…” I wiped off some pretend drool off of my face and Sungyeol’s eyes widened as he hurriedly wiped the drool off of his face.

            “Aish how embarrassing,” he mumbled to himself.

            L and I laughed. He turned back to me and said, “I want to sit next to you.”

            I smiled at his sweet words. “I want to sit next to you too.”

            L nodded towards Sungjong. “Ask him,” he said.

            I poked Sungjong and said, “Oppa can L sit next to-

            “No.”

            “But oppa!”

            “No way am I allowing you to be alone with him,” Sungjong said.

            “But oppa why? We’re not going to do anything!” I said.

            “Doesn’t matter. I, as your older, am entitled to protect you.” Sungjong glared back at L, who kept a straight face. “Who knows what kind of person he is underneath?”

            L rolled his eyes and said, “Sungjong-ah. Come on.”

            Sungjong shook his head and put on his headphones, ending the conversation.

            I sighed and turned back to L. “Sorry oppa,” I said. “But he can be overprotective at times.”

            I was sitting in a seat by the aisle, which meant that there was only one person sitting next to me, who was Sungjong. Apparently the open seat across from mine didn’t satisfy him either.

            “We can always talk like this,” I said, looking at the bright side.

            “But then you’ll have to keep turning around,” L said. “And what happens when you fall asleep? It’s not like I can dislodge my shoulder and give it to you to lean on.”

            “I won’t fall asleep,” I said. “It’s a short plan ride.”

            “But what if you do?”

            “I won’t.”

            L gazed at me and leaned in, bringing his face closer to mine.

            “Are you sure?” he asked, almost in a whisper.

            I nodded, feeling my heart flutter in happiness. I loved looking into his eyes up close like this.

            L took a quick glance over at Sungjong, who was silently grooving to his music. Then he smirked and looked back at me. He gently grabbed my face and leaned in closer and closer until our lips met. He kissed me and my eyes widened in slight surprise. I hadn’t expected it but I didn’t complain as I happily kissed him back. The fireworks erupted inside of me again.

            The sparks were interrupted however, when I suddenly felt myself being forcibly pulled back into my seat.

            “Ow!” I said, banging my head onto the chair.

            “YAH! KIM MYUNGSOO!” Sungjong shrieked. “YOU TAINTED MY SISTER’S LIPS!”

            Sungjong made a move to get up when suddenly the intercom announced, “Passengers please stay in your seats. Your seatbelts must be on during this time. Failure to follow such rules would result in major injury.”

            Sungjong looked up at the intercom speaker in frustration and sank back in his seat, crossing his arms. He glared back at L who playfully stuck his tongue out at him.

            Sungjong put two fingers to his eyes and then pointed them to L. “I’m watching you,” he said threateningly.

            L looked at me and raised a brow. I giggled and turned away from him, settling back into my seat.

            “Dude did you see that?” I heard Sungyeol say to Hoya in the back.

            “The bastard kissed her,” Woohyun said, flipping through a magazine.

            “She’d be so much more phased by my kisses,” Sungyeol said. “I mean, did you see her? No reaction at all!”

            “Or maybe she did have one but was hiding it,” Hoya said.

            “Yah, who’s side are you on?” Sungyeol asked.

            “None. I’m neutral.”

            “YAH! I thought you were on my side!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

            “Calm down, choding,” Woohyun said.

            Sungyeol crossed his arms and pouted. “Fine guys. Don’t believe me.”