Chapter 2 - Undying Love (Part 1)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I walked up the winding staircase leading to the second level and pushed open the office door. The daily scene greeted me: Hyesung was sitting on the couch by the balcony, sipping his Mocha Latte and reading the newspapers. His long silky brown hair hung around his shoulders, reflecting the shimmering sunray. The sunray brightened his long curly eyelashes, his sharp nose and his thin luscious lip. It was indeed a beautiful sight. Hyseung lifted his eyes after hearing the opening of the door.

He had the most attractive eyes, somewhere alluring and vampish. (@ _ @) Well, one of his iris was dark purple while the other was light blue like the autumn skies now. He greeted me by nodding his head and continued with his routine. His sinister eyes and youthful appearance made me suspicious that he was not a human being. He had been having this look since I was young and the face did not change a bit for the past 15 years, no wrinkles or blemishes at all. So, how would anyone believed that he was my father as he looked the same age as me or even younger than me. Hence, I couldn't call him Daddy anyway.

"Teacher, when will Eric hyung be back? Its had been so long and i bet he was enjoying himself in the Middle Earth era." I dared not called out his name in front of him.

""Eric knows his limit." He sipped his Mocha Latte and looked at me solemnly. "Dongwan, today you are officially a Time Traveller like Eric and are you ready for your mission?"

"Of course, Teacher. I have been waiting for this day for a loooooong time. *\(^ _^)/* but there is no client yet." I sighed.

"Only those who are fated will get to enter 'Twist of Fate' and so be patient." Hyesung said calmly and I was unable to comprehend the expression showing on his face. I almost forgot what Hyesung told me. Only those whose this lives were tangled with their past lives would be able to enter the office of 'Twist of Fate'. Or more precisely, the clients would be guided here by their dreams. To most people, 'Twist of Fate' was only another cafe with a unique name but it was something more than unique.

"Ding Dong"

"Coming." I ran to the door excitedly because this could be my first customer.

" Hi, er can i really entrust my dream here?" When i opened the door, I saw a young man in white Polo T-shirt and on his delicate and pretty face, there was a doubting look. He could be as old as I am or younger.

"Your dream?" I am confused.

"Yes, I had a dream and so I..." He was slightly aggitated and interupted me

"What is your dream that you wanted to entrust?" Hyesung's voice came from behind.

The young man stared at Hyesung and he seemed shocked. This was a normal expression for anyone who saw the handsome pretty man - Hyesung. I had seen much exaggerated expressions from females and males as well.

"Is it possible?" He was still in doubt.

"Of course."

"This is absolutely great." the young man was on the verge of tearing. "I hope that I am not dreaming."

I shook my head and gave a bitter smile. This was another common expression of clients who came to us for entrusting their dreams and likewise, I had seen worse and exaggerated clients as well. Gosh, I am repeating myself.

I ushered him in and he took a seat on the sofa. He started to calm himself down by taking deep breathe and when was stable, he started talking.

"My name is Steve Jung and I had been having a strange dream every night for the past few months. In my dream, I saw a young lady sitting quietly under a huge Peach blossom tree from dusk till dawn. She was tearing and cuddling a stringless zither. Soon the image change from Spring to Autumn and the leaves dropped with the gentle Autumn winds. She was looking afar and whispering that her lover did not send any news to her from the warfare. There wasn't any night that she did not shed tears as she missed her lover. Whenever, someone told her to stop waiting for his return and gave up, she would gave a faint smile, looking at the person. In her hand, she clasped a jade pendent. Then, I saw a man walking towards me and he told me that he was called Mun. Mun said that I was the young woman and he was the lover that she was waiting for. Mun also mentioned that we were lovers in our previous 3 past lives but each time, we ended up in tragedy. Mun said that he finally found me now, after a few hundred years of waiting. Mun said that he would be taking me with him, to be together forever." Steve's had a mixed expression of sadness, weariness and frustration in his face.

So it was a spirit that was disturbing Steve and this type of spirit was quite harmless and weak. This is a simple task for me. "Let me get rid of him for you." I said solemnly to him.

"No!" Steve's face turned pale and stopped me.

"So you want this Mun spirit to take you away?" I snorted at Steve. "Well, this Mun spirit could only bring your soul with him and not your flesh body which meant that you will die. Do you understand?"

"No,..." Steve shook his head again and he said gently, " Could you not not hurt Mun? And do not let me be taken away by him at the same time? In fact, he has been quite nice to me, watching over  me like my guardian Angel." Steve blushed at his own word.

"What!" I could not believe my ears.

"We will go to your past 3 lives to uncover why you two ended up in tragedies. Then, we will stop the cause and the outcome will be amended." Hyesung spoke calmly.

"Oh god, is that real? I mean you can travel to the past?" Steve appeared very shocked and he held his hand to his mouth while his eyes were wide open. 

"Come here." Hyesung waved his hand, motioning Steve to approach him. When Steve came close, Hyesung placed his left hand on Steve's head and chanted an old spell. Soon, a burst of white light appeared around them and I could see 3 Chinese words forming one after another. It was my turn to be atonished. Will I need to travel to ancient China for my first mission?