Chapter 4 - Undying Love (Part 3)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I stolen a glance at Steve. His eyes were red and were b with tears.

"In our second lives, Qin reborn as a male and he was an official in Northern Song Dynasty while I am his bodyguard. Though we felt something for each other but our relationship was not acceptable in the conservative era, we could not be together. Eventually, he married a lady from a wealthy family while I left and returned to my hometown. I caught the plague which was spreading in my hometown and I passed away. He was grieved over my demise and died not long after."

I shook my head, this was really dramatic and I think the producer could script out this into drama, garnering good viewership from the female audience; because this was tears–jerking plot. If the lead male actor was as handsome and charismatic as me, the viewership sure hit record high.

"In our third lives, I am a General in Ming Dynasty and he was a Prince of the enemy state. We fought in battle against each other and I fell in love with him at the first sight. He was courageous, and led by example in warfare and my admiration for him turned into love. He was captured as my fugitive but I can't bear to execute him and so we fled away. I was branded with the heinous crime of Treason and was wanted by the Imperial Court. We perished during an ambush by my comrades while we were on the run. All our 3 lives, we could never be together."

By this time, Steve's face was stained with tears. His eyes were puffy and his nose was red.

"Wait, how could you remember all these whike Steve does not recall anything?" I am confused here.

"For each life, I do not have any collection of the memories of my previous life. However, the moment before my death, the past memories came back to me. If I was to be reborn, the past memories will be gone as well. Hence, Steve does not remember anything. As for me, I decided not to be reincarnated so as to preserve my memories and to wait for him and to bring him with me." General Jung Hyuk gave a faint smile at Steve.

"What! To wait for Steve? What if he never reborn, how long must you wait then?" I was curious to hear General Jung Hyuk's reply.

"I will wait forever for him to appear be it 100 years or 1,000 years or longer." General Jung Hyuk's voice was determined and firm. I felt touched at the reply and also felt that he was foolish (T_T)

"Mun....." Steve stood up and called out his name. General Jung Hyuk looked at Steve longingly. From their gaze, I sensed deep love between them. How I wish to have such a infatuated lover. I do not care if my lover was human or not, I would marry my lover.

"Fine, Steve's dream will be entrusted to Dongwan. Don't worry, he would travel back to stop the cause and amend your outcome in your after lives." Hyesung's cold voice pierced through the silent room. I rolled my eyes at Hyesung, trust him to be a mood spoiler here. 

"Don't worry, I will go to your pastlives and stop the tragedies for you two. I promise." After hearing their sad tales of their 3 past lives, I was determined to help them and to resolve the start of the cause. I did not know if this determination was due to their undying love or their longing gaze at each other now, the kind of 'so near yet can't touch my lover' situation.

Hyesung waved his hand and chanted a charm silently and General Jung Hyuk vanished. "Steve, he wil be staying here temporary. You go back first and Dongwan will call for you again."

Steve nodded and stood up, his eyes were still puffy and red but he had stopped crying. Steve walked to the door and turned the knob, preparing to leave. However, he turned around and bowed to Hyesung, "Please take care of Mun for me?"

"We will." I assured Steve and saw him smiled weakly before leaving the office. Steve's memories of this office will be erased from him the moment that he stepped out here. Once, I had accomplished my mission, Hyesung will send for Steve through the dream. When Steve paid with his tears drop, his past lives, present life and 'Twist of Fate' will no longer exist in his memories. Steve would never recall that he had came here to entrust his dreams to us. Maybe then, Steve and General Jung Hyuk will have a happy ending here, in this life or their next life. No one knows.

" Teacher, do i have to travel to the 3 past lives of theirs? This have never happened before. Why do I get such a heavy mission." I whined at Hyesung and gave him a puppy look (O.o).

"Stop doing that!" Hyesung said sternly to me. "Use your brain to think what you should do."

I thought for a while and my eyes lit up (*_*). "Aishi, I shall go to their first past lives in Tang Dynasty to stop the 'cause' and thereafter, their afterlives in other 2 Dynasties will be amended as well. Yeah I do not have to travel thrice for them." I jumped in joy and ran toward Hyesung, to hug him but he smacked me on my handsome face before I could even get close to touch him ( ~///~ ).

"Your brain is working, I see. But General Jung Hyuk did not tell everything to us earlier." Hyesung wiping his hand with an antiseptic cream, on that hand which he smacked my gorgeous / handsome / attractive face.

"What?" I looked at Hyesung, confused.

Hyesung walked to his wooden case and took out another talisman. Similarly, Hyesung held the talisman between his index finger and middle finger and he chanted a spell but no silently anymore as Steve was no longer around. Thereafter, he flipped the talisman up in the air and it burnt. Once the ashes landed on tbe floor, there was a thin smoke rising. I looked around me to anticipated General Jung Hyuk's appearance. I did not want to be startled by him again like earlier which was so embarassing in front of Steve.

"General Jung Hyuk, you can tell us everything now as Steve had left." Hyesung brushed his hair behind his left ear and looked at General Jung Hyuk.

"Yes, earlier on, I mentioned that I learnt the truth about Qin's death and I also mentioned that I killed my brother. Well, my brother was secretly in love with Qin since young. While I was at the warzone, he Qin... Qin's parents did not want this matter to be known and so they forced Qin to marry my brother. On their wedding day, Qin was grief-stricken and so she hung herself. I was furious when I learnt of the truth and I slained my brother before taking my life in front of Qin's tomb. I did not mention this earlier because i do not want to upset Steve even more." I thought I saw a tear trailing down General Jung Hyuk's right cheeks. Yes, spirit could cry too and they were not all menace type as seen in the movies or TV drama shows...