Chapter 49 - Dark Love (Part 9)

The Pre-existence Seekers

A few days later, we had a client at 'Twist of Fate'. The client was in his 30s, based on his attire and I believed that he was a rich man. He was dashing and handsome and I found him quite familiar.

"Hi, I am Jung Pilkyo." He recovered from his shockness in seeing Hyesung.

Jung Pilkyo? Suddenly, I recall seeing his interview on television. " You are Jung Pilkyo? The CEO of Jung Enterprise!" I blurted out my query.

Jung Pilkyo nodded his head.

"Mr Jung, what problem are you facing?" Hyesung spoke.

Jung Pilkyo hesitated and he did not utter anything. I wondered what problem he was facing? Jung Pilkyo was handsome, smart and rich. I was very curious.

"I...." Jung Pilkyo started. " I am very unlucky in my love life. I had been in 3 relationships but they ended up with the girl breaking off with me." He lowered his head," i do not know how long this situation will continue. Maybe I am just someone who is not fated to find my special someone. I am not greedy and I just hope to find true love. I do not know what to do and decided to come here after dreaming of your place."

"Come here." Hyesung gestured to Jung Pilkyo. Hyesung placed his hand on his head and chanted. Soon a string of weird words and symbol appeared.

"Sanskrit!" I gasped.

"Dongwan, you are right." Hyesung nodded and he looked at Jung Pilkyo silently.

"Your pastlife happened in Ancient India, sometime in AD 7 years. Once, everything is settled and I will call for you." Hyesung sent Jung Pilkyo away.

"Teacher, what was Jung Pilkyo's pastlife in Ancient India?" I shot my question at Hyesung once Jung Pilkyo left.

"Jung Pilkyo's past life was a high class e called Neela. Her clients ranged from commoners to the royalties. The men who fell in love with her was countless but all was unrequisited love. Quite a number ended their lives after being rejected by her and so Jung Pilkyo is repaying the debts of the love."

"What!" I was shocked to hear this. "How can I do to help Neela and Jung Pilkyo?"

"One of the men was the one who can alter her fate and you had to find him."

"Teacher, how do I locate him?" 

"There is a marking on his forehead. Only he can alter Neela's life. If he is willing to take Neela away, her love debts will end. Jung Pilkyo will be relieved of his repayment. Dongwan, go and make your preparation to set off tomorrow."

I nodded and went to my room to do some research on Ancient India  because I was unfamiliar with that era. Recalling that it was alway Eric hyung who did all the research for me but now, it was me doing this. I felt sad and I decided to settle this task quickly to rescue Eric hyung. I wanted to inform M that I would not be around for the next few days but I changed my mind. 

I wished to state that I managed to complete my task with the assistance from M. I almost mistaken another man to be the designated one for Neela. I shuddered to think of the consequence of my mistake and the impact on Jung Pilkyo. That was a long story. Neela's destinated man was indeed out of this world. He had long black hair and delicate features and he was thin. His eyes were alway closed because he was blind but his smiles was the most innocent and genuine which you could feel like a refreshing breeze. He was called Vinesh.

Vinesh was not really his real name but it was a name that a monk gave him. Vinesh used to be from a noble family and in order to attain power in the family, his parents had sacrificed some people along the way. Since birth, Vinesh was treated like a Prince and he accomplices nothing in life when he grew up. After his parents passed away, he continued his lavish lifestyle and he used to a client of Neela. This happened some 10 years ago. Until the monk appeared, he told Vinesh that his parents sinned and they were banished into Hell to atone for their sins. The monk opened Vinesh's third eye and he saw his parents suffering in the Hell. Vinesh was so shocked at the sight that he could not speak and being the only son, Vinesh wanted to help his parents. He became a disciple of the monk and focus on studying the scriptures of Buddhism. Vinesh hoped that he could help his parents to end their sufferings and to be reborn again. Vinesh could not bear the sight of his parents sufferings but he could not deal his third eye, thus he blinded himself. I was shocked when Vinesh told me that he blinded himself.

I almost mistook another man as Neela's destinated partner because of the marking on the forehead. Vinesh had a birth mark on his forehead but it disappeared after the monk opened his third eye. It was not until Neela told me about Vinesh and the birth mark which made me realized my mistake. Eventually, Neela decided to end her life as a e and follow Vinesh to leave the place. Neela was willing to study Buddhism like Vinesh and to be by his side.

The man which I mistaken as Neela's destinated partner turned out to be an official of the state. In my foolishness, I tried to pair them together and he wanted to take Neela away on the day that Neela was leaving with Vines.  In fact, the man brought a hundred official guards with him and stopped Neela from leaving with Vinesh. Luckily, M appeared and settled the guards. Well, M Pk the hundred of them. M also sealed away the man's memory of Neela and thus Neela successfully left with Vinesh.

I called for Hyesung and I was back at 'Twist of Fate'. I opened my eyes and found myself lying on my comfortable bed and the warm morning sunlight shone on me. I closed my eyes to enjoy this moment.

"When are you going to get up, lazy bum." 

I felt someone flickering my forehead and I yelled out in pain. I did not need to open my eyes to know who did this one me. I smelled the familiar cologne of Hyesung.

"Teacher, let me rest for a bit. You do not know how much I suffered in Ancient India." I whined like a kid, still refusing to get up.

"Dongwan, you seemed to have lost weight." Hyesung touched my cheeks.

I stared into his different coloured iris and I felt strange. "I better take a look at Eric hyung. I hope the tears in the bottle will turn white after Jung Pilkyo gave his tears drop." I scuffled up of bed. Hyesung did not say anything except staring at me with that look.

The next day, Jung Pilkyo appeared at 'Twist of Fate' after being summoned by Hyesung through his dream. "Has everything be resolved?" Jung Pilkyo asked the moment he stepped into 'Twist of Fate'.

Hyesung nodded.

"That is great!" Jung Pilkyo was very happy.

"But do not forget..." Hyesung gestured me to bring the bottle to him," You have to pay with a tears drop."

"I know. Are you sure that is all I have to pay?" Jung Pilkyo seemed happy and doubtful.

Hyesung smiled at Jung Pilkyo," Are you going for a match making session tonight?"

Jung Pilkyo was shocked but he nodded his head.

" She is a lawyer."

Jung Pilkyo was even more shocked and he nodded again.

"She is not your destinated person. But the lady who accompanied her is the one that is fated to be with you." Hyesung took the bottle from me.

"Really? I will find my true love? She will not leave me again?" Jung Pilkyo's voice trembled.

"That is right."

Jung Pilkyo was overcome with happiness that he wept, and his tears fell into the bottle. My heart sank as nothing happened to the bottle.

Watching Jung Pilkyo walking out, I sighed," Too bad, he will forget everything about this once he stepped out. Teacher, it is useless even if you tell him that the lady at the match making session is not his destinated partner."

"Even if Jung Pilkyo can't remember, he destiny is sealed."

Before I could say anything, I noticed that the tears drops in the bottle was bubbling as if it was being heated up. I was feeling anxious as I watched Hyesung placing the bottle on his desk. I saw Hyesung's expression was shocked which was rare.

After about half an hour or so, the bubbling stopped and I took a closer look. I pointed at the bottle and I could not speak except trembling when I pointed it. " It... It...."

Hyesung also looked at the bottle and the tears drops turned white. " This bottle will never be full. But when it turned white, which indicated that only 1 more tears drop and everything will end." I recalled what Hyesung had told me previously. 

"Dongwan, I will send you to the Underworld." 

I took a deep breathe and turned to Hyesung," Teacher. Really?" I was surprised upon hearing it.

Hyesung looked at me," If I disallowed, will you listen to me?"

I shook my head," I want to go to the Underworld. I had to save Eric hyung." With the thought that Eric hyung could be saved, I did not find the trip to the Underworld scary. But only the dead could enter the Underworld. Me, a living person... How could I be able to enter? Unless I became a dead person! I decided not to think too much but let Hyesung overcome this issue.