Chapter 16 –Forgotten Love (Part 3)

The Pre-existence Seekers

Standing in front of me was a young boy, about 7 or 8 years old and he wore the attire of a noble class of mid century Europe. He had wine red hair, blue eyes and a very cute face. Standing beside him was another boy, probably in his 20s, also dressed in an attire of a noble class. He had shoulder length golden hair which looked like fine golden threads. His thin lips was a fine line which showed no expression. I was surprised that he had purple eyes like Hyesung. Currently, his sinister purple iris was eyeing me from top to toes and I could felt the cold deadly stare from him. My first thought was that he was a vampire. I shook my head and laughed at my silly thought. No vampire could walk under broad daylight and thus he was a human.

"Why are you sneakily doing there?" I raised my voice so as to act tough against them, especially the older one.

The little one ran to me and stared hard at me. " I have never seen you before, with this weird looks. Your hair and eyes were black and it was very strange."

"I beg your pardon. I am not strange." I replied in an irritated tone and was thinking to myself, ' Hello, the older boy next to you is the strange one because he had purple eyes'.

" You are not from here. Where do you come from?" He seemed curious about me.

" I came from a far away place in the Asian country." I continued sitting down and kicking the water. " In my country,the people had black hair and black eyes though a lot dyed their hair."

The little one seemed confused and he turned his gaze at my feet. "What are you doing?"

I sighted. This boy was definitely a rich man son. " Well, it was very comfortable to dip your feet in the stream. The little fish would swim to your feet and they tickled." I smiled at him.

"Really?" He sounded excited.

" We should be heading back." The older one walked over and spoke coldly.

" Brother, I wanted to try that." The little one pleaded to his older brother and pointed at me. The little one swinged his brother's hand playfully and whined. There was a loving and tender look in the older one's eyes and he nodded reluctantly.

The little one hugged his elder brother and ran to the bank, taking off his leather boots. He sat next to me and dipped his little feet into the stream. " Oh, the water was so cold." he gave a little yell.

"You will get used to the water after sometime. Don't worry." I smiled at him and patted his head.

A while later, he giggled, "I can feel tbe fish kissing my feet." he gave me the cutest smile. Kissing your feet, I could not help but smiled at his cute description. Little children were indeed the most innocent things.

"Look." I began kicking at the water," I made a big splash."

" I can do that too." He started kicking too so as not to lose out to me. This little one sure could create big splash with his little feet and I was a bit soak by his splash. I also seek my revenge and kicked harder at the water and splashed him.  He was more amused and kicked harder at the water too and I retaliated. Soon, we were engaged in a battle of water kicking splash. Before long, we were soaked. We were tired from our little fight and when our eyes met, we burst out laughing.

"Hey, what is your name?" He asked me.

" Dongwan and you?" 

He pointed to himself," I am Jinnie. That is my elder brother, Andy." Jinnie pointed at the older boy with purple eyes. I looked at the direction where Jinnie was pointing and I saw the same cold and sinister gaze from Andy.

"See, you are so wet. I think we have to return home through the back door." Andy came over and hoisted Jinnie up. Despite his colness, Andy clearly adored Jinnie.

" I want to stay a little while more and play with brother Dongwan." Jinnie pleaded with his cute puppy eyes at Andy.

"No." Andy held Jinnie in his arm and walked off. After walking a few steps, Andy turned around to me, " You better get far away from here. As far as possible."

"Brother Dongwan, good bye." Jinnie waved his little hand at me and gave me a big wide smile. I grinned back but I was feeling uneasy over Andy's word. Was he trying to warn him about something he knew? Do they lived in the castle which was the only place nearby. How are they related to Madam Victoria? I had a lot of queries but I decided that I woukld find a village or town to gather more information.

I pulled out a talisman and summoned a hawk which guided me to a small town, not far away. I think that I had walked about an hour or so but I did not mind for the weather was nice and the air was fresh. When I entered into the town, I could sense that all the people stared at me which I did not really bothered. I knew that it was probably due to my attire and my appearance. I ignored everyone and came to a quiet corner and sat on the ground. I concentrated on my bracelet and my chocolate bar appeared which I munched away happily.

"Have you heard? Madam Victoria is hiring maid again." A woman's voice sounds behind me. I leaned my body closer and tried to hear their conversation. Luckily, a wall separated me from the voice and I needed not be scared that someone would caught me eavesdropping.  

" Oh yes, I heard about it. It seemed strange that Madam Victoria would hire new maid after a period of time. I also heard that all those previous maids seemed to have disappeared." Another woman's voice was heard, replying to the first woman.

" Well, didn't they announced that the maids ran away? It was rumored that the house keeper there was very strict and demanding and I believed most of those young maids could not take it and probably ran away.

"Are you sure? However, I heard rumours that the maids disappeared due to the vampires....." The second woman whispered the rest of her sentence and I heard the first woman exclaimed " Oh my god!"

"There were some girls missing in the nearby villages as well and my guess was that it was the vampires."

I shook my head at what I heard. The missing girls were not cause by the vampires thought they were sighted frequently here. If only they knew that Madam Victoria was behind all these. I guessed that no one would think of this and so no one suspected Madam Victoria, hence she could kidnapped all the girls for so long.

Hyesung sent me here earlier and so Jane could be still in this town. I started asking around for Jane and it seemed that no one knew Jane. Jane did not seem to be from this town and my next guess was that she could already be kidnapped into the castle. Therefore, I had no choice but to venture into Madam Victoria's castle. I walked around and saw some laundry hanging about and I secretly took some female clothings from the clothes line. Since, Madam Victoria was hiring maid and so I had to disguise myself as a female in order to sneak into the castle. I also tied a shawl over my head to hide my short hair. Feeling satisfied with my disguise, I set off to the castle.