Chapter 50 - Dark Love (Part 10)

The Pre-existence Seekers

The issue which was bothering me: how do I get to the Underworld was resolved the next morning when Hyesung appeared with a black pill.

"Dongwan, swallow this 'Esscence of Night' and you could fake death to enter the Underworld. Hence, you appeared as a dead soul."

I smiled when I took the pill," Teacher, you had a lot of useful items which you never tell me. By the way, do you have any pill that will allow me to go to Heaven?"

Hyesung smacked my head,"You can back out if you are feeling scared."

I smirked. I was feeling scared upon thinking of the horrible Underworld. I felt cold sweat dripping on my back. But for Eric hyung, I had to do this. I hypnotised myself that I was doing another task except that I am traveling to the Underworld.

"Remember, 'Esscence of Night' can only last for a month. Hence, you have to call me before the time is up for me to get you back."

"One month. One month here? Mean 30 months in the Underworld?"

"The time in Underworld is the same as the time here."

"What! Teacher, what if I lost track of the time?" I was feeling nervous but I would just plucked Manjusa and leave the place.

"Well, you will be stuck in the Underworld for eternity." Hyesung replied normally. Seeing my alarmed looks, Hyesung ruffled my hair and smiled," Dongwan, you do not have to be scared. No one will harm you even though they can't remember anything about you....."

"They? Can't remember me? Teacher, what are you talking about." I was confused.

Hyesung seemed to snap out of his thoughts and shook his head," I am saying, don't forget to keep track of time. And I need to inform you an important thing." Hyesung became serious," Not any Manjusa can save Eric. You have to get the orange coloured Manjusa."

"Orange Majusa. Where can it be found?"

"It was believed to be inside the palace of Hades."

"What!" I yelled. I was planning to pluck the flower and escaped my way out. I did not think it would be so easy now. Thinking of the numerous levels and places in the Underworld, I was getting cold feet again.

"Also, you are unable to use any spell or your power in the Underworld because of the strong barrier cast by Hades, except...."

"Except what Teacher?" My heart sank to the lowest point. How would I survive if I was unable to use my spells or powers? I for see that I am going to through a lot of hardship in the Underworld....

"Except for this bracelet that you are wearing. It can protect you from the swamp hell, Flame hell, Frost Hell etc. And this is for you." Hyesung took out a silver coin from his pocket. " This is the fee for the ferry ride."

Oh yes, in the 3 rivers in the Underworld was a boatman who ferry the dead souls. His name was Charon. Only Charon can ferry the dead soul to the other side of the Underworld and taking the ferry ride cost a few. The souls who could not afford to pay would be toss into the rivers. The rivers in the Underworld is different from the one on earth and only Charon's boat can float on the river to ferry the dead souls. No one can cross the rivers!

"Teacher," I tried to act calmly," once we collected the last tears drop and everything will end. We shall go for a long holiday to travel around the world. You, Eric hyung and me."

Hyesung was momentarily lost for word. He had the faintest smile," Dongwan, by the time we collected the last tears drop, you will go on with your new life."

"I do not want that. I want to be with you and Eric hyung forever. You two are my family!" I grabbed Hyesung's arm. Though Hyesung appeared cold towards me, I knew that he really cared for me. All this years, we had the relationship of a family. Hyesung and Eric hyung are the most important people in my life.

"I...." Hyesung looked at me with a sad expression," will leave you one day."

I did not know why my heart seemed to be sliced a thousand times by a knife. "No! I will not let you leave me...." I whined.

Suddenly, Hyesung pulled me into a hug and his long brown hair fell onto my shoulders. "Dongwan, you will forget me one day."

"No, I won't! I will never forget you.... No." My heart was aching again. Why was Hyesung saying all this nonsense to me? I did not want to think further. I buried my face in his chest and closed my eyes. Hyesung's embrace was warm and peaceful.

In an instant, I recall M and his freezing hugs. Should I bade farewell to him? If only, M was not a Pureblood and if he could appear in daytime... If he was a normal human being, I might.... I decided not to bade farewell to him. I doubt he would be able to find me in the Underworld.

I swallowed 'Esscence of Night' and I lost consciousness. I had no idea what happened to me thereafter. When I woke up, I felt groggy and could barely open my eyes. Because of the brightness. How could the Underworld be so bright? Was this the Underworld or did Hyesung sent me to the wrong place? After some time, I opened my eyes again.

This time, I realized that the bright light came from the very huge gates in front of me. It seemed to be made of silver and it glowed in the dark, illuminating the darkness. I stood up and walked to the gate. I saw wordings on the gate and it was beautifully written. What attracted my attention was not the meaning if the words but rather that I found the words very familiar. I had seen them somewhere before....

' Through me, enter into the place of torture,

  Through me, enter the eternal sufferings,

  Through me, enter the world of no return,

  Abandon all hopes and faith once you pass through me '

I stared at the words, I shivered. This marked the entrance into the Underworld. Before I could push the gate, I heard noises, footsteps to be accurate. I quickly hid at the side if the gate and peeped from my hiding place. 

Looking into the distant, I saw a long single file. As they got nearer, I saw very clearly. They were moving emotionlessly towards the gate. It was the dead souls. An idea striked me and I would join them to enter the Underworld. In this way, I would be less suspicious.

The gate creaked open automatically and I saw that it was pitch black beyond it. I could not see anything. I did not notice that the line was disappearing into the gate and I quickly ran to the end if the line and successfully entered the Underworld. It was where my journey began.

                                                  **************************************************************************************

Just like what I had read from books and internet. The Undetworld which was in Hades's reign was a cold and dark place. There is no breeze, or any sign of life except the wandering dead souls. It was engulfed in total silence, a sense of timelessness and despair. Soon I heard the sounds of running water. I was nearing the 3 rivers. It was so quiet that I could hear my heart beat.

"So many died." A gentle voice broke the silence. I looked towards the direction of the voice and I saw a grey shadow coming towards my direction. Behind it, was a few black shadows. I lowered my head.

"Such a pity for this adorable youth to die so young." A voice was heard over my head. Instinctively, I raised my head. I saw a pair of dark black iris and I could not describe the darkness of the eyes. Tiny water droplets was seen in his long eye lashes, appearing like diamond casted on black velvet. I could not describe the grace of it. Long black hair hung down like waterfall. He was indeed gorgeous. Alluring and yet innocent. His beauty surpassed anyone and you would forget that he was a man.

He was looking at me. Was the adorable youth that he mentioned, referring to me?

"Let send him back to the mortal realm." He sniffed and took a white handkerchief from nowhere and dabbed at his eyes.

"Lord Heechul, you can't do this! Do you forget that the last time, you sent an elderly couple back to the mortal realm, the last last time that you sent a while family back and the last last last time, you.... I had lost count of the number of times that Hades had punished you. If you do the same thing again, you are in for another punishment." The subject next to the beautiful man interrupted him.

"But it is a pity for him to die so young...." The water droplets appeared in his eyes lashes again. This guy could easily cry. I felt it strange that such a character existed in the Underworld? Who was he?

I believed he was a powerful person here as he could send dead soul back to earth. But he seemed too kind hearted?

"Why do human die?" The crying man turned to one of his subjects.

"Lord Heechul, if human do not die then Undetworld will not exist. Lord Heechul, you are the God of Death and you should not be so compassionate. Instead you should bring more death in the mortal realm, so that the Underworld flourish...."

I did not hear what the subject was talking about. I looked at Lord Heechul. Oh my god, he was the God of Death! This is freaking real! I could not believe it! In my mind, God of Death should be in black and his face covered up by the hood. He was wickedly evil and wield a  large sickle like weapon? However this Lord Heechul was emotional and attractive. I could not fathom how he landed in this post....

"But...." Before Lord Heechul could say anything, he was dragged off by his subject.

I managed to snap out of my bewildement because I just met with a big boss! God of Death! That man was the God of Death who controlled the life and death of the billion of lives on earth. Holy hell! I still could not believe that I just bumped into the God of Death himself, up close and personal! This would be my lucky day? or Unlucky day? Whatever.