Chapter 12 - Undying Love (Part 11)

The Pre-existence Seekers

My sparrow led us to the Northern part of the city and it stopped at a deserted mansion. It was locked and there did not seem to be anyone living in it now. I muttered a silent spell and my sparrow disappeared while a talisman flew to me, I was unable to be concerned that Minwoo was just beside me as I saw his atonishment when my sparrow transformed into a talisman. I jumped off from the stallion and rushed toward the gate. It was locked when my body bumped onto it. I chanted another spell and pointed at the gate which sprung open.

I just stepped into the compound and saw some guards rushing towards me. I searched my pocket for talsiman to deal with the guards but someone was faster than me. Soon, I saw the nearest guard was sent flying away.

"Are you okay? Why are you standing there when he was charging towards you." Minwoo stood in front of me with his sword in his hand. He did not look at me as his gaze was fixed on the advancing guards. "Now, go and do what you have to do. I will take care of them." Minwoo charged towards the guards and sent flying kicks and welded his sword.

I nodded and ran towards the building to search for Lady Steve and I found them. I did not have to use any spell to open the door as I simply kicked it open. I saw Ji Hoon sitting by the bed and he was looking tenderly at the form on the bed. his fingers were tracing the face of the person who I knew instantly was Lady Steve. Ji Hoon turned and faced me after i kicked open the door. he was very shocked to see me here as he became frozen in his actions.

Swiftly, I advanced to Ji Hoon and grabbed him up by his collars. "What have you done to her, you beast?" I yelled at Ji Hoon and shook him violently. Thereafter, I punched his face.

"How dare you hit me! Do you not know who I am?" Ji Hoon shouted and covered his face with his hand.

"You beast, tell me what have you done to her." a string of profanities escaped from my mouth while I came to Ji Hoon again. From what I had seen, Lady Steve's clothing was intact and neatly on her body but I had to make sure that nothing really happened. That this beast / fiend / bastard did not touch her or rather her.

"I did not do anything to her. I swear. I am not that immoral." Ji Hoon replied coldly.

"Then why was she unconscious. Did you spike her drink or intoxicated her with drugs?" I was so angry that I chanted a spell and pointed at Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon could not move at all after that.

"You knew spells and charms? Who are you?" Ji Hoon was shocked and he shrieked at me.

"That is none of your business." I hissed at Ji Hoon and went to check on Lady Steve. She seemed to be in deep slumber and I estimated that she would not be waking up soon.

I turned towards Ji Hoon and slapped his face. "This slap is on behalf of your parents. They raised you up well and this is what you did to repay them!" I slapped him again. "This slap is on behalf of General Jung Hyuk. To think that he trusted you and ask you to take care of his fiancee. Yet you betrayed his trust and did this thing!" I slapped again. "This slap is for Lady Qin. To think that she treated you as her brother and you almost tarnished her reputation and caused her tragedies for 3 lives!" I slapped him again. "This is for the Emperor for he had such a low life official serving him, this country and her people. You are not fit to be an official!" I slapped again. "This is for me!" I was too angry to think of anything to say for giving him the slap which was meant for me.

"Ha ha..." Ji Hoon laughed loudly and I could see that his cheek was really red and swollen from my slaps which I had given out in my full strength. Now, I felt my hand was in pain. " You are right, I am a beast but I loved Qin. I had loved her since young when we grew up together but she had her eyes for my brother and not me. Do you know the feelings that I felt when I knew that they were in love. I was so devastated and I could tell no one about my feelings. I had to act that I am happy for them but inside my heart, I am bleeding! I have to smile and gave them my blessing whereby my heart was torn apart and the wound was ripped open each time I saw them together. Do you how that feeling! Do you? I did not want her to marry my brother and I wanted her for myself. I could give her happiness too. I loved her more than my brother. I....."

"This is not love, you idiot." I shook Ji Hoon. "I think I could feel what you had been through but I do not think that you are loving her. If you love someone, you will hope her to be happy and blissful. To Lady Qin, only General Jung Hyuk  can give her happiness. What you are doing now could ruin her and General Jung Hyuk happiness and their lives thereafter. Not only that, you also ruined yourself. By this unethical way, you could make Lady Qin marry you but do you think you could receive her love for you? You will regret forever." I said out everything in one breathe that I could think of. I had to knock senses into Ji Hoon to prevent the tragedy which I came here for.

Ji Hoon stared at me, dumbfounded.

"Give up and let go on Lady Qin, you will be happy if she had her happiness. That is true Love."

"Let her be happy... Maybe I don't deserve to have my happiness." He said bitterly to me.

"Ya you idiot! You are still young, handsome and you will definitely find your happiness in the future. I am sure of that." I felt bad looking at his swollen cheek now. "Everyone will get to meet their destinated someone as this is in your destiny."

" I did not do anything to her but merely drugged her. I wanted her to think that she lost her ity to me and so that she would marry me."

"What, you mean...." I felt unjust for Lady Steve and General Jung Hyuk. Due to a misunderstanding, they suffered for 3 lives. I stared sternly at Ji Hoon and really wanted to slap him again. I was too angry.

"Wannie, are you done? Is everything resolved?" I heard Minwoo's voice at the doorway. I turned around and he looked at me, very amused. "Oh no, Minbongie, how long you had been outside there?" I am not sure if he heard and saw everything.

"Your Majesty." I heard Ji Hoon's voice.

My mind went blank and I turned to Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon's face was pale and his lips were quivering while he stared through me to the one behind me. I think I looked worse than Ji Hoon. Your Majesty, I clearly heard Ji Hoon said that and directed at Minwoo. That would mean Minwoo was the Emperor of this time. I gulped, Minwoo is Emperor Lee, Lee Minwoo! Oh no....