Chapter 6 - Undying Love (Part 5)

The Pre-existence Seekers

The horse galloped at a fast speed and instantly, I dashed in front of it in order for the rider to notice me and stopped.

"STOP!" I shouted and closed my eyes tightly. I could hear no sound and I opened my eyes a little. Against the sunlight, I saw a man on his black stallion like a hero saving a damsel in distress. Oops, I am not a girl and so I am not the damsel, though I do look decent enough in wig and dresses and make up and........

"agdnsydioerneod!" a cold voice brought me back to my daydream. I looked at the rider when his stallion trotted slowly to me. He was young, probably in his 20s, well built than me and his face was sharp and handsome. He was wearing a black clothings with white lining at the edge of his collars and front. What captivated me was not his gorgeous looks, no man could beat Hyesung anyway, but it was his eyes that I could not took mine off. I had never seen such a clear and innocent eyes before, especially on an adult.

"I er..." I could not understand a word his said. Oh , where is that pill? I looked into my pant pocket where Hyesung placed something inside before he sent me off not long ago. Luckily I found the little capsule and I consumed it.

"I said you really have some guts there." He still spoke to me coldly and slightly annoyed. I could understand his words now and I believed that I am speaking Mandarin, well I am in ancient China now.

"Yes, Courage is my middle name after Wits." I grinned at him.

He stared at me sternly and there was a tingle of shock in his expression. Maybe he did not expect me to say such a witty line out, i mocked silently inside. laugh

"How dare you stop in my way and I could kill you for being so insolent here. What the heck are you wearing and what with that ugly messy short hair?"

"I came from far away," I was pissed when he said that my hairstyle was ugly. Did he know it was the most 'In' hairstyle in Korean now which I imitated the K pop group: Shinhwa, and this hairstyle took me a long time to get it done. I rolled my eyes before I continued, "I am a harmless guy and I was hoping that I could get a ride from you to get into the big city."

"NO!"

"I could pay you double if you just give me a ride."

"I don't need money."

"You are so unkind to see a helpless person stranded here. Who knows that there might be wild animal out there...."

"That is none of my business and I am not any kind soul anyway."

I curse at my bad luck to bump into this unkind, inhuman bastard the moment I landed here. I started my third round of cursing at Hyesung again and I believed that I had broken my record of cursing him thrice in a single day. Correction: maybe thrice within a few hours.

"Fine, I don't want to beg you either." I huffed and started to walk off. I better start my journey before the skies turned dark and probably I could just make it to the city tonight, if I walked faster.

I had walked barely some distance before I felt a strong arm grabbing me up and I was on the horse, and I was facing him directly with our faces just 10cm away. I gazed at his eyes and I could felt my ears turned red and he was smirkly at me.

"You..." I stammered as I could felt his breathe on my cheek and I blushed further. We are too close for comfort.

"Just take it that I am doing a kind deed. You looked so cute and pretty like a big tomato." He laughed out loud.

"I did not beg you and I am not a pretty cute tomato."

"Its cute pretty tomato."

I believed that blood gushed to my face for it was the first time that a man complimented that I looked cute. blushAnd it was the first time that I am sitting so awkwardly close to a handsome man, sideway facing him, especially an old man who was older than me by more than 1000 years old. Hellooo, this is AD 630 while I was born in the 20th century.... so that made him an ahjussi....

However, this ahjussi er I mean man, had a nice scent from his body. From his attire and demeanour, he should be from a noble family. After riding for about 2 hours or so, I finally saw the city gate. "Manse, its the city." I yelled out in joy.