Chapter 10 - Undying Love ( Part 9)

The Pre-existence Seekers

 "Oh no, please. Do not let anything happen to Lady Steve." I prayed silently while running behind my sparrow. My mind is very confused and I could not think straight. I ran and ran and I came to a lake, crowded with a group of people. Oh no, I pushed myself through the crowd to get to the front. I was shocked to see Lady Steve struggling in the water, Madam Ming was screaming out while the maids were crying out. The water seemed deep and no wonder no one dare to go into the water. I was about to jump into the water when I saw a lanky shadow jumping into the waters. He swam towards Lady Steve and held onto her, swimming towards the shore. It was then I realized the brave man was Ji Hoon.

"Qin, wake up. Please do not scare me." Ji Hoon  repeated the words while tapping Lady Steve's face. He sounded desperate and dispair. Slowly, I saw Lady Steve's coughed out some water and blinked her eyes slowly, looking at us. Thank goodness, Lady Steve was alright. The next sight shocked me as Ji Hoon hugged Lady Steve while he saw that she was alright. "Oh , Qin, you are alright. I was so scared earlier." I began to hear whisperings from the onlookers and saw that they pointed at Ji Hoon and Lady Steve. I also noticed that Madam Ming's expression was uncomfortable and grave. 

Instinctively,  I grabbed a maid and we went forth to Ji Hoon and Lady Steve.  I gathered Lady Steve from Ji Hoon and motioned the maid to hold onto her. I blocked Ji Hoon from Lady Steve  and shouted to Madam Ming that she was alright. i also called out to the others to help Lady Steve. Madam Ming also rushed over to see her beloved daughter. I bowed to Ji Hoon and deliberately spoke loudly for the onlookers to hear.

"Master Ji Hoon, we are so grateful to you for saving Lady Qin today. You really live up to General Jung Hyuk's expectation to watch over your future sister–in–law which he entrusted you to do so. Your courageous act earlier will be the good act here and be remembered by the people for your courageous and loyalty to your elder brother, General Jung Hyuk." In this conservative era, a man and a woman could not possibly stay alone together, much less of the close bodily contact or hugging earlier. I saw that Madam Ming appeared calmer and she nodded at me.

"Qin, quickly thank your future brother–in–law for saving your life." Madam Ming said aloud to Lady Steve.

"Madam Ming,  please do not say so. There is no need to thank me. Qin is like my sister and she is going to be my future sister–in–law soon. We are family." Ji Hoon's expression was difficult to comprehend and he gave a bitter smile after saying his words. I looked at Ji Hoon oddly. Why was he here? Shouldn't he be out of city? When did he return? Had he been trailing us all the time and how long? I could not find any answers to my queries.

Lady Steve was ill for some time after we returned to Ming Manor. It seemed that the rich man's daughter was very delicate in their health. During the time that Lady Steve was ill, Ji Hoon visited her frequently but he did not say much, except blaming himself for not taking care of Lady Steve while General Jung Hyuk was away.

After resting for a week or so, Lady Steve recovered. She wanted to take a stroll in tbe garden for some fresh air and so her maid and me accompanied her out. It was early Atumn and the leaves were turning, red, golden yellow and brown and the ground was covered with the fallen leaves and it resembled some romantic scene in the romance drama. I suggested Lady Steve to sit at the pavilion in the garden while I ran to the kitchen to get some hot tea and snacks. It would so nice and cosy to have an afternoon tea in this nice scenary. Too bad, there was no coffee here for I loved cuppacino. I made good and mean coffee at 'Twist of Fate' though Hyesung's skill was superior than mine. I had a lot girl fans asking for the coffee that I made rather than Hyesung because I am more charming than him. keke.

While I was returning with a tray of food, I saw a figure standing by the tree, Ji Hoon. He was looking so focused in front and needless to say, his gaze was fixed on Lady Steve. His expressionless face could not hide the admiration looks in his eyes, those feeling of puppy crush on someone or the secret one sided love for someone. I knew those feelings which I went through during my teens. I felt uneasy seeing Ji Hoon like this especially after the last incident where he saved Lady Steve from drowning. I could not explain but Ji Hoon was behaving weirdly now. I told myself to be extra caution these few days, to watch over Lady Steve closly as the tragedy will be happening soon.

Suddenly, Ji Hoon disappeared from the tree and he was nearing Lady Steve. Oh gosh, I was not paying attention earlier and I did not realize that he went over to Lady Steve. I quicken my pace to the pavilion. 

"Qin, have you recover? It is not good to be out here when it is a bit cold."

" Oh Hoon, you are here. My maid went off to get a coat for me while Dongwan went to get some hot drink for me. Will you like to join me for a drink, he will be back soon."

"Sure. By the way, my brother will be returning back soon as his troop defeated the enemies."

"Hoon, this is such a great news. I want to greet him at the gate upon his return. Will you come too?"

"Yes, I will be there too."

" I will be going out of city for a few days to run errands."

"Hoon, have a safe journey."

"Qin." Ji Hoon grabbed Lady Steve's hand. "What do you like about my brother?"

" I er...."

"My lady, your drink is here and I brought you some snacks as well. Oh Master Ji Hoon is here too?" I heard their conversation and when I saw Lady Steve trying to withdraw her hand, I barged in. Ji Hoon quickly release his hand and whispered a soft apology to Lady Steve.

"Qin, I am going off. You take care."

"Hoon,, I like your brother. Everything and all of him." Lady Steve blushed.

I saw that Ji Hoon's face turned pale and he gave a weak smile and nodded, before leaving. 

It was indeed true that Ji Hoon went out of the city as I overheard Master Ming telling Madam Ming. Even chatty Sun Ho told me about it. I wondered how on earth this boy knew so much secret information when he hardly went out of the Manor. Sun Ho was simply amazing and he had the cut for a detective.

I started to think of Minwoo as it had been quite some time that I last saw him. Was he still angry when I rejected to accompany him out that day? Well, My mission here would be ending soon once General Jung Hyuk returned back. I would like to bade a farewell to Minwoo because he was the first person that I befriended when I came here, I think we could be conisdered as friends, right?