Chapter 27 - Only Love (Part 1)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I returned home, to the familiar 'Twist of Fate'. I expected Hyesung's reaction to me because I rescued all the girls and caused Madam Victoria's evil deeds to be exposed a few years earlier.

"Teacher, lucky I arrived in time or else Erowan will ended up be the bride of a vampire." Eric hyung was making fun of me.

Hyesung glanced at me with his cold piercing eyes before his gaze stopped at my chest," This ......"

I lowered my head and quickly slided the necklace inside my collars. The blue gem shimmered and I felt that it resembled M's eyes under the gentle moonlight.

"Erowan, don't tell me that it was from that vampire?" Eric hyung smirked at me.

I did not respond but clutched it tightly and an icy cold sensation passed through my palm. It reminded me of M, his icy cold touch.

"Take it off now!" Hyesung snapped at me.

"Never." I shook my head. " Please, Teacher. It does not matter if M is a Pure Blood and it was a gift which I must cherished."

An odd expression flashed through Hyesung different iris and he stood up," As you wish." and he left the office.

"Why is Teacher behaving this way?" I grumbled to Eric hyung.

"Erowan, Teacher cared about you." Eric hyung stood up and walked out of the office. Not long after, he returned back. "It was Teacher who instructed me to go after you to see if you are okay. He may be cold in his appearance but his heart really cared about you. And to think that he entrusted Soul sealer to me, in case you know...."

I knew that Eric hyung was sent by Hyesung to fetch me from my task. I definitely know that Hyesung cared about me since he adopted me 15 years ago. Without Soul sealer, Eric hyung might not be able to get me back safely.

"Do you know that Teacher was more quiet when you are not around and he instructed me to fetch you back after I came back from my task." Eric hyung shook his head and rubbed my hair.

"Was King Arthur handsome?" I was curious about Eric hyung's task.

"Not as handsome as me."

"Oh please, Eric hyung. Don't make me vomit." 

" To tell the truth, apart from Teacher, your vampire lover was on par with me in term of looks." Eric hyung shrugged his shoulder.

"Oh." I replied absent mindedly when Eric hyung mentioned M.

"I bet your handsome vampire lover would be waiting to look for you in our time." Eric hyung grinned evilly, gloating about me.

I did not respond but recalled M's last word before I left. I trailed my fingers to my lips and a queer feeling stirred within me. Though M was a Pure Blood, he was the first man to kiss me and also the first to confess his love to me.

"Erowan, don't be worry if he turn up here for this is our territory and I will gladly take him on." Eric hyung took a sip of his drink and handed me a can. I took a look and I felt like vomiting. 

"Take it away." I shrieked. 

"Huh? Erowan, this is your favourite cranberry juice." 

"Ya Eric hyung just take it away."

"Aishi, you changed your taste this quickly? How about tomato juice or watermelon juice?" 

"NO!" I yelled at Eric hyung. I think the trauma back then affected me badly and I think I would avoid all red colored liquid for the time being.

After dinner, I knocked on Hyesung's bedroom and entered. "What is it?" Hyesung was busy typing on his laptop and he did not look up at me. 

"Er.. Teacher... Er thank you." I stammered.

Hyesung looked atonished and stopped his typing; turning towards me," What do you mean?"

"Teacher, thank you for getting Eric hyung to fetch me from my task." I spoke timidly while placing a fresh brew of cupaccino to Hyesung." I made this for you." I smiled at Hyesung.

I saw gentleness in Hyesung's eyes and he motioned me to take a seat. " Did you have anything to talk to me?" 

"Hmmn, Teacher. I felt that I may not be suitable for doing tasks. Everytime, I felt my heart heavier upon completion of my task instead of a sense of achievement."

Hyesung looked at me dreamily," You really resembled her..." Hyesung spoke in a barely audible whisper but I could still catch his words.

Who was she? Who was Hyesung referring to? I was confused.

"You have a sensitive character since young, like what Eric had mentioned. You are getting involved with other people in your tasks and so you felt burdened."

"But Minwoo and M were real in front of me and my heart could not ignore them.." I sighed.

"Maybe the 3 of us should go for a trip. is there any destination that you have in mind?" Hyesung patted my head gently.

"I don't know. Teacher, everyone has past life and I am curious about mine. What was I in my past life?" Hyesung's face darken and he looked away.

"Nothing special. Dongwan, it is late.Go and rest." I baded goodnight to Hyesung and sensed that he did not wish to talk about my past life.

                       ***********************************************

A few weeks later, a middle aged lady and a young boy of about 6 to 7 years old turned up at 'Twist of Fate'. It was the first time that 2 clients appeared but I guessed the middle aged lady dreamt about us. She became emotional after sitting down. From the sobbing and whispering, I gathered that her son had phobia of crows and would turn hysterical at the sight of them near him. Whenever, he saw eagles, her son would complain of pain in his eyes. I looked at the boy and somehow, his eyes emitted an expression beyond his tender age. Since, he was scared of crows and eagles, his past life has something to do with them?

 Hyesung placed his left hand on the boy's head and chanted an old spell. Soon, white lights appeared and followed by  strange symbols. I felt excited as I recognized those symbols  for they were from – mysterious ancient Egypt. 

"Your son's past life was a priest  in ancient Egypt which was more than 3000 years ago. However, he fell in love with the queen and the Pharaoh discovered their affairs. The Pharaoh ordered the priest to be tied to a post in the  dessert. He died of exposure to the sun and his body was eaten up by the crows and his eyes were pecked out by tbhe eagles. My face turned pale as the Pharaoh was very ruthless. The middle aged lady started to cry and begged Hyesung to help her son. She even told Hyesung that she was willing to pay large sum of money but Hyesung told her that he needed a tears drop from her after settling the matter. It was only then did the middle aged lady smiled and Hyesung sent them off.

"Teacher, the Pharaoh is so ruthless." I shook my head.

"Ruthless? Which man can stand that his wife had an affairs with another man? This is common." Hyesung replied emotionless to me.