Chapter 30 - Only Love ( Part 4)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I looked into Jin's eyes but I could not see anything. His eyes were like a bottomless pit which I could not detect any emotion at all. Only a faint smile illuminated his face. Looking closely at Jin, he definitely was not a simple character as he managed to assume the post of Prime Minister. I wondered who was the person that Jin wanted me to save? And I believed that he or she was no ordinary folk. Ancient Egypt was surrounded by tales of black magic and if I was not wrong, these black magic was usually used against the Royal family. I gulped... My heart skipped a beat.... Could it be?

"Is the person from the Royal family?" I asked in a low voice, forgetting that we were alone.

A surprised look flashed across Jin's eyes but it faded shortly while Jin composed himself. " You are right. The person that you are going to save is Queen Torya."

I gasped. Queen Torya was King Minu's mother! But I was still confused over something. "Since she is Queen Torya, how come no one could save her? What about the Priests in the Palace?"

"No one is able to do so, not even the most powerful Priest, Andi." There was a complex expression on Jin's face which I could not comprehend. So the Priest that I am looking for was called Andi.

"She is King Minu's mother. How could no one be able save her?"

"Well, that depend if Andi or the other Priests want to save her." Jin's expression turned weird.

"You mean Andi was the culprit for...." Jin raised his hand and stopped me.

"Tomorrow, we shall go into the Palace. So rest early Dongwan." With that, Jin rose up and baded me good night.

"But..." I stood up as well immediately," Why do you trust me to be able to save Queen Torya?"

"Why? Because you are the messenger of Bastet."

Messenger.... Bastet, Goddess of Cat.... I frozen in my movement. Even Jin believed that I was a divine being? Aishi, forget it. There was no time to ponder over this. I was to go to the Palace tomorrow morning and I might be able to see King Minu and Andi. What a piece of luck I had. I wonder how powerful was the black magic that was cast on Queen Torya? Maybe I could use it as a mean of test on my ability. Furthermore, I came from the future some 3000 plus years later and my skills should be the enhanced and perfected version than here. I hope so.

                                                    *****************************************

After I entered into the Palace with Jin, I realized the grandness of it. However, I was in no mood to admire it at all as I was worried about saving Queen Torya later. Jin told me to wait in the hall while he went off. I looked around my surroundings and noticed that the Palace maids were stealing glances at me. I had changed into the outfit of a noble class and I believed I looked quite dashing in it but the way that the maids were glancing at me made me slightly uneasy. Hence, I decided to take a stroll around and I went out of the hall.

After walking a short whole, I came to a large garden whereby various trees were planted in it, fig tree, palm trees, date trees, willow trees etc. I walked further and came to a large clear white lilies pond. The lilies were blossoming and I could sniff a subtle fragrance. It was truly a beautiful sight. I sat under a large fig tree and closed my eyes to relax. I felt something dropped on my head and I opened my eyes, seeing a fig nearby. I smiled and continued to relax again. However, more things hit my face and body and I opened my eyes suddenly. I saw a boy, probably about 8 years old standing in front of me and eyeing me roughly. My next best guess was that it was this nasty boy who threw the fig at me.

I wanted to discipline the boy but I scrutinized him. From his demeanour and attire, I suspected he was a prince. I decided to keep my mouth shut to avoid any unnecessary troubles.

"You get lost." He pointed at me. Thereafter, he turned to the followers behind and yelled," Drained out the water in the pond and remove all the lilies!"

"What!" I jumped up. Why would he want to remove the beautiful white lilies.

"My precious necklace has dropped into the pond."

" So just get someone to hunt for it!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Needless you to say. I had done it but no one was able to find it! You slave, better get out before I punish you!" He yelled arrogantly at me. What a spoilt little prince or rather a spoilt brat! How dare he call me a slave. Was he blind not to see the fine clothing I had?

"If I can retrieve your necklace, you would not remove the lilies?" I pointed at the pond.

He seemed surprised at my words," You can retrieve my necklace?"

 I smirked and did not answer him. I walked over to the pond and drew out a talisman from my bracelet. I chanted some spell and a carp appeared in my hands. I placed the carp into the pond and commanded it to find the necklace. The carp nodded and dived into the water after making a back flip in the air. It was not long that the carp appeared with a shimmering item in his mouth. I took the necklace and chanted another spell. The carp disappeared and a talisman flew into my bracelet.

I turned around and placed the necklace to the little prince who was stunned, with his mouth wide open. "Please keep your promise, your Highness. Do not remove the beautiful lilies from the pond. It would be a pity to remove them." The prince just stared at me, unable to say anything.

"Who are you?" A voice rang behind me. It was a voice of authority and firmness in it.

I turned aroubd to the owner of the voice. Momentarily, I was feeling giddy. The man before me looked young and he seemed be glowing like sunrays. He had smooth black shoulder length hair underneath some crown. He was indeed handsome with thick eyebrows. His large black iris shone brightly as he was examining me from head to toe. He was cladded in a golden short vest, exposing his tanned well toned body. He was tall and very fit. He had a large necklace hung across his muscular chest while golden wrist armour like accessories covered both of his wrists. I had never seen such a bright and attractive man!

No matter how stupid I was, I knew his identity. The little prince sort of affirmed my guess. He ran happily to the glorious man and shouted, Father." The man stared at me and I could sense a suffocating pressure emitted from him. He was King Minu, legend had depicted King Minu as son of Ra, the God of Sun. So, he was the famous Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt! Wow, just the descrption of handsome was an understatement.

"Father, this slave was insolent."

I was almost choked by my saliva when the little prince said that I was rude. Since when was I rude or bully him! I glared sternly at him but he gave me an evil grin, challenging me.

"Answer me! Who are you?" King Minu's voice rang out again.

"I came from foreign land, far away. I came here together with your Prime Minister, Jin." I looked straight into his eyes. Though I was awe by him but I could not seem to be scared now.

"Jin?" King Minu raised his eyebrows.

Before I could reply further, a group of people came towards us. I heaved a sign of relief when I saw Jin in the group, approaching us.

"King Minu, I brought Dongwan to the Palace to treat Queen Torya." Jin hurried towards us and explained quickly. "Dongwan, had tbe ability to eradicate the black magic casted on Queen Torya."

"My King, how could you trust a dubious character to treat Queen Torya. What if something happened, his miserable life could not make up for it. Even if he died a thousand times." The words came from a man in the group. He was probably in his 30s and he was quite handsome in his way with short black hair and sharp features and fair complexion. Oh my god, how could there be so many handsome men here in front of me: Jin, King Minu and this unknow guy.

"Andi, he is no ordinary person. He is the messenger of Bastet." Jin gave a strange look at Andi. 

I jumped after hearing Jin addressing the unknown man as Andi. So, he was Andi, the one that I had to stop his action and changed his pastlife here. 

"Messenger of Bastet?" Andi snorted.

"King Minu, I saw him reviving a cat. It is true that he was messenger of Bastet."

"How could you be so sure. He could a cheat for what you know." Andi croseed his arm, still not convinced by Jin's words.

"Let him show you his ability then. You will be convinced thereafter." Jin was not giving up.

"Enough, you two. I had seen his ability earlier. King Minu spoke."He can try to treat my mother. But if anything goes wrong, I will not spare his life and yours, Jin." King Minu's expression turned cold and harsh.

 "Nothing will go wrong. I am confident of my skills." I interrupted them. King Minu seemed atonished and amused by me but he did not say anything at all.