Chapter 25- Forgotten Love ( Part 12)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I looked around me and saw Queen of the night and I smiled. I summoned the spirit of nature and Queen of the night started moving out. "After him" I commanded the plants and they flew  towards Sun. Sun was shocked and did not expect such move. In an instant, Queen of the night engulfed Sun and the thorns prickled into Sun's skin. I controlled the plants and I would not take his life.

" Why are you still here?" I could hear M's angry voice at me.

"Bang." JJ had destroyed the plants engulfing Sun and I could see blood stains and wounds over him. JJ was furious and he hurled his whip at me.

"Wannie, get away." It was too late for me to dodge as I could only counter the blow. M was right in front of me and he stopped the whip using his bare hand. The whip gave out a silver light and swallowed M.

"Sun!" JJ yelled at his cousin and Sun regained his senses. Sun swiftly took out a sharp solver cross from his inner pocket and was going to pierce into M's heart.

"No!" I shouted and I threw my talisman out. It turned into a small knife which stabbed onto Sun's shoulder, causing his silver cross to drop. Next, I heard a cracking sound and saw that the silver light had dim. M appeared and he flung the whip away. 

" Hunters, are you continuing with the childish game?" M shot a deadly glance at them. JJ clenched his fists, recovering his whip before hoisting the injured Sun over his shoulder. Soon, they disappeared from our sight.

I felt awesome to battle against the famed Vampire hunter though it was not JJ. "Come on M, let go back."

M merely stood in the moonlight while his cloak fluttering away in the wind. I saw the dry blood stains on his clothings. The redness represent life and danger. The beautiful redness was a combination of life and death. M stood there with his piercing glare at me.

"Why didn't you leave when I told you!"

"M, that Sun Culleningham was in my way."

"You had the chance before that."

"I am not that weak and I could take him on."

"Yes, you can handle him. But, if that whip landed on you........." M stopped and looked at me.

"Fine, take it that I am a busybody." I sulked and turned away. "Please, I helped you earlier on. Take it that I was nosy." I muttered quietly under my breathe. 

"Look at me, Wannie." M turned me around and lifted my chin. I felt his fingers on the injuries on my neck. "This was because of me?" M touched my injuries gently but I knew that the wound had dried up a bit.

"You did not cause it." I spoke harshly.

"Wannie, you really cared about me. I love you." M bent down and kissed on my wound. My body became stiff and there a buzzing sound in my head. Before I know it, M had carried me into the castle.

"Er, can I take a shower first?" I tried to get off M while we were in the bedroom.

"Wannie, since you are injured, let me help you to shower." M held onto my waist.

"No!" I shrieked. " It was just a scratch and it is not that my limbs are injured."

M laughed devilish at me. " You go and rest." I quickly pushed him aside and fled into the bathroom. My heart was thumping fast. Why? Why did I save him? Did I not hate him anymore? I am very dizzy, I had to find Jane by tomorrow. I did not want to turn into a blood vampire. I want to return home to Hyesung and Eric hyung.

When I came out of my shower, M was already lying on bed. He had changed into a black robe with his well toned chest exposed. His snowy white hair lie messily on the bed and I saw a necklace on him. I had seen it before as M had wore it all the time. I guessed this must be very valuable to him.

"Come here, Wannie." M pulled me over to him. I sniffed and realized that there was a faint scent of Queen of the night on M which I did not notice before.

" You are going back to basement?"

"No, I want to sleep with you Wannie." M pouted and whined like a little child. I broke free of his hug and wrapped myself in covers like a cocoon. The room became dark and I could feel M hugging me in my cocoon form. I wanted to push him away but I heard M's husky voice at my ear.

"A long time ago, I was born into a rich noble family. The midwife who saw my opened eyes died instantly on the spot and I was deemed as a devil. They said that my eyes were cursed and wanted to kill me. My mother pleaded to save my life and so I lost my sight when I was a baby. I was pathetic. I lived in darkness in the basement of my mansion till Lester came to me. He regained my past memories and I knew that I was different, I am not a human being to begin with. I started my new life and had my new sight." M paused for a while. " I do not miss the past, I will not miss the sunlight because I had no past and I had never been out in the sun."

I was appalled after M told me his sorrowful childhood. I never knew that he had such a past."

"M...."

"You do not have to pity me. Without my past, I can appreciate the everlasting joy I had. Loneliness, I am used to it. But now, I have you Wannie." I felt a tighter embrace. " We will be together for eternity, till the end of the universe."

I was stunned. M's words seemed scary but I found it touching as well. It was a promise of sincerity from his heart. 

"Go to sleep." I whispered.

"Wannie, you are so warm." M murmured while snuggling to my hair.

I did not have the heart to push him away and I just stayed like this. I decided that this will the only time that I gave in to M, probably the last time.....

                                        *********************

When I woke up, the room was still dark and I could not make out what time it was. I turned and saw M's face next to me. He did not sleep at the basement but was here with me the whole time. I freed myself from his arms and he did not stir. Probably, he was sleeping deeply. I studied his face closely which I never had a chance to do so and probably would have no chance in future. I brushed aside the hair that covered part of his face. M was sleeping so innocently, his long eye lashes were like little brushes and he had a faint smile while he sleep. Why wasn't he a human?

I stood up and walked to the window and lifted a corner of the heavy curtain as M was in the room. It was daytime and it looked that it would be a fine weather today. I looked for a while before I returned to the bed. I saw M looking at me and I was flabbergasted.

"Oh you woke up?"

"Hmmn." M smiled. " Earlier on, were you afraid that the sunlight would hurt me?" 

" I can't be bother with you." I lied.

"Wannie, you do not dislike me right?" 

" Oh go back to your basement to sleep. It is your bed time." I got up and went into the bathroom. It was true that I did not hate M but I did not want to turn into a vampire. M was gone when I came into the room. Now, it was my chance to find Jane. Like the last time, I searched every possible places in the castle but still I could not find Jane. Time flied and it was getting dark soon. What should I do? Hyesung ah, Eric hyung ah, what should I do. I prayed silently. I looked out of the window and I decided to take a gamble.

When night came, I was waiting for M's arrival. I was nervous, afraid or anxious? I did not know. M came and I guessed he assumed that I was afraid. He handed me a white suit. " Wear this." 

I took it and the material felt soft and smooth. Was this my wedding suit? (@.@). " Do I change into it now?"

M nodded.

10 minutes passed, 20 minutes passed, 30 minutes passed.....

"Wannie, why aren't you changing?" M looked confused.

"You are here! So how could I change!" I yelled at him.

" Why are you so particular? We are going to be a married couple soon. You do not have to be shy." 

I rolled my eyes," Now, we are not married! Go out or at least turn your head around."

M shrugged and turned around.

"If you dare to peep, I will skin you alive!"

" Don't worry, I am a gentleman. It will be a matter of time when I get to see you, you know." He chuckled. 

I changed into the suit at lightning speed. Even we are guys, I was still embarrassed to bare my body. I hated it when Eric hyung kept asking me to shower together for bonding and he alway got a yelling from me!

"Okay. I am done."

"Wannie, you looked so dashing. If only I could see you in wedding gown, you sure be the prettiest bride." M clasped his hands.

I rolled my eyes at M and scoffed.

"Wait." M took down his necklace. " This has been with me for a long time. I want you to have it as my wedding gift to you." The  gold necklace had a blue stone. It was not sapphire but a blue gem that I had never seen before. It's blueness resembled M's eyes. The same icy blue.

"The gem resembled your eyes." I blurted out unknowingly.

"Then take it as I am watching over you."  M came over and put on the necklace for me. I felt a kiss on  the back of my neck and slowly he moved to my ear lobe. M nibbled on my earlobe and I felt my knees going weak as the tingling feeling spreader over me. Oh I could not take it anymore.  M held onto me before I slipped down and he pressed our lips together. I came back to my senses and pushed M a little but he deepen the kiss and tighten his arms around my waist.  For the sake of my plan, I endured his advances.

It was a long time that he let go of me and his eyes were so gentle as water. M took my hand ," Follow me."

We came to the main hall and it was brightly lit with numerous candles but there was no one here.

"Where are everyone?"

"I instructed them not to disturb us tonight."

"The girl?"

"She is here."

What! There is no way. I had searched everywhere in the castle but I could not find her at all. M smiled and waved his hand. True enough, at the corner of the hall, a figure appeared. It was Jane.

"You cast spell?" I was so furious. I could have save Jane if I could use my spell.

"I will let her go."

I was surprised. " I thought you are going to sacrifice her for our wedding?"

"You came to me because of this girl. If I want to take her life, you will pleaded with me. I knew you will not like me to do that and so I did not want to do anything that upset you."

I was touched at his words. "When are you letting her go?"

"After you become one of us."

"Thank you." I held his hand. M was surprised at my action and he flashed a wide smile on his face and held onto my hand tightly. " Can you accompany me outside to pluck some Queen of the night?" I spoke in the gentlest voice. M hesitated when he looked at me. Oh no, he was suspecting me. I pulled and swinged his arms and gave my puppy eye look. Finally, M nodded. *\(^_^)/* see no one can stand my cuteness except Hyesung. I was elated and we went out.