Chapter 19–Forgotten Love ( Part 6)

The Pre-existence Seekers

The following day, I saw the maid whom I saved last night. I was relieved to see that she was safe and it appeared that M did not harm her. I took the initiative and talk to her and tried to find the whereabout of Jane. However, I do not have any information about Jane. I wondered if Jane had already been captured? Or she had not reach this castle? I guessed I had to explore the castle again as I did not managed to do so last night. It was all due to M. I hoped that I would not bump into him again. No matter how attractive he was, he was a vampire and I am a human being.

Andy left after his breakfast and I did not know where hehad gone to. Being his personal maid, I had to do what was expected of me. Hence, I dragged my feet to Andy's bedroom for cleaning up. When I reached Andy's room, I felt the suffocating feeling again and the dim room made me felt uneasy. Thus, I went to the window and pulled the curtain away. The bright sunlight shone into room and liven up the place. The room became warm and lively. Ah ha, this seemed more like a room.

While I was admiring the room in the lights, I saw some pretty red roses growing in the bushes below and I went down to gather a few stalks. I felt that the roses would add a fine touch to the room. I gathered a big bouquet of roses and hurried back to the room.  I placedthe bouquet into a crystal vase which I found along the way. Sunlight, flowers made the room cosier. I was admiring my masterpiece and I heard footstep outside. I turned around and saw Andy.

"Who allowed you to do this?" Andy grabbed the roses and flung them out of the window.  I could not comprehend his expression, he was not angry but he was rather depressed or sad.

"You are bleeding..." I noticed that blood was oozing out from his palm and it could have been caused by the thorns.

" Don't bother. Leave the room." Andy resumed to his usual coldness.

"You are a big idiot. Your wounds must be attended to immediately else it will be infectious." Without waiting, I pulled his palm and started to examine his wounds. 

Andy was shocked and tried to withdraw his hand. I held onto his hand tightly and glared at him. There was no thorn in his palm and I went to fetch some water and medication to treat his wound. Why would Andy hated the red roses, which was the prettiest and unique red colour that I had seen. It was a shame that there was a lot of them growing in the garden below his room. It was definitely a beautiful sight when all flowers bloomed.

Wait, the most unique red colour. I recalled the terrible incident that happened in this castle. My heart skipped a beat and a horrible feeling overcame me. Don't tell me that underneath the roses, there buried the....

" Dongwan." I heard my name.

"Er yes."

" Do you find the roses pretty?"

" Yes, they are the prettiest that I had seen so far."

"Do you know why I hate them?"

" You do not hate the red roses but I guess they reminded you of something that you hate." I wanted to see if my hunch was right.

Andy turned his head at me in a shock and his eyes widen. It was a brief moment that he resumed to his normal self. " You may leave now and on you way out, to draw up the curtain."

I complied and walked over to draw the curtain and the room instantly became dark. Andy did not move from his position and he seemed like a statue. Andy probably knew something.

                                                *********************************************

In a blink of the eyes, I had been working here for a few days. There was nothing unusual here except that I am doing my usual chores as a maid. I hardly saw Madam Victoria in the castle and I had not bumped into M when I went for my second night exploration in the castle. I am still clueless on my task and Jane's whereabout. Oh I also started to serve Jinnie by telling him bedtime stories before he went to sleep each night. 

"Finally, the ugly duckling turned into a beautiful swan and he was not feeling inferior or despair anymore."

" Brother Dongwan, the ugly duckling is so pitiful." Jinnie looked at me with his large blue eyes.

"The ugly duckling found his happiness in the end, isn't it?" I tucked Jinnie into bed and smiled at him. " I will tell you another fairy tales tomorrow night if you go to sleep now."

" Brother Dongwan, can you give me a good night hug?"

I stared at Jinnie and saw the longingness in his eyes. Maybe he wanted to feel some human affection because I had never seen Madam Victoria visiting Jinnie at all while I am here. I ruffled his head before pulling Jinnie into a tight embrace, "Good night Jinnie." I whispered into his ear. Jinnie was smiling happily when I released him from my hug.

"Brother Dongwan, can you give me a goodnight hug every night before I go to sleep?" Jinnie gave me an innocent smile.

My heart beat madly. Jinnie's smile reminded me of someone. He also had an innocent smile and child like clear eyes which was rare for an adult, much less an emperor. I will remember him dearly.... " Alright Jinnie. Now you got to go to sleep."

Jinnie obeyed and closed his eyes. Soon he drifted to slumberland as I heard his soft snoring sounds. I stood up and turned to the door when I saw someone at the doorway. I was a bit surprised to find someone standing there without knowing. He was Andy. Andy looked at Jinnie tenderly and his expression showed a rare gentle feeling.

"Jinnie really like the bedtime stories that you told him." He was still gazing at Jinnie and his voice was gentle and not cold.

" They are fairy tales which are make up from imagination. The reality is cruel." I replied.

Andy did not say anything and he walked out of the room. Seeing Andy leaving, I hurried up to go after him. The moment that I stepped out of Jinnie's room, I saw Madam Rosie.

"Wannie, Madam Victoria wanted you to attend to her bath now." I shivered as I imagined Madam Victoria soaking herself in a bath tub full of blood and I hoped she was not eyeing for my blood. But then, this would be a great opportunity to find out her secret place. I nodded to Rosie and I followed her.

We passed a long passage which I did not recall ever being here before. When we came to a big hall, Rosie instructed me to wait for her as she disappeared into a room. I looked around and found that the hall was sparsely furnished and echo coul be heard. It was dead quiet and seemed very eerie under the dim candle lights. My shadow was reflected on the wall and moved about due to the flickering candle lights. Great, I am scared of my own shadow as I felt my palms being sweaty. Suddenly, 2 shadows appeared and I turned to look. I saw Rosie, followed by Madam Victoria. Madam Victoria was dressed in a red bathing robe and the colour reminded me of blood.

" Greetings, Madam Victoria." Madam Victoria acknowledged and smiled at me. Somehow, I felt that she was looking at my neck and she seemed very elated as if she was waiting to taste my blood. I clenched my fists and tried to calm myself. I saw Madam Victoria exchanged glances with Rosie and the latter advanced towards me.

"Mother, its is late now and I was looking for my maid. Why is she here?" Andy's voice was heard before Rosie could get near me. I turned around and saw Andy standing at the doorway with the same cold expression.

"Oh, I wanted her to attend to me for my bath." Madam Victoria replied calmly to Andy.

"Mother, in case you had forgotten. She is my maid." Andy took a step forward and stared at Madam Victoria.

"Master Andy, since I was free and so I agreed to attend to Madam Victoria." Though I was greatful that Andy came to my rescue but I badly wanted to find Madam Victoria's secret. 

I saw fury in Andy's eyes and he came over and grabbed my wrist. " You are in no position to speak here. Come with me!" Andy tugged and he dragged me away. "Mother, she has yet to finish her chores and you will have to get another maid to attend to you." With that we left the hall and I felt pain on my wrist. I did not know that Andy was so strong.

"Can you let go of my wrist, I am feeling pain." I whined as soon as we were some distance away. Andy ignored him and dragged me to his room. He locked the door and pushed me aside.

" You will be sleeping here tonight. Don't you dare to peep at my mother during her bath. I never know you are so lewd." 

I wanted to explain that I was not a ert when I agreed to serve Madam Victoria to her bath. However, I could not say anything as Andy stared at me sternly. "Why do I have to sleep here?"

"You are not to question your Master. You just follow my orders! From now on, you have to stay within my view. And you have to respond when I call you. Understand!"

Though he sounded unreasonable and demanding but I could help and felt warmth in his words. Andy was trying to protect me in his way. Oh gosh, what am I thinking?

"Where do I sleep?" I saw that there was only a bed in the room.

A smirk flashed in Andy's eyes and he pointed to the floor," You shall sleep there." I rolled my eyes at Andy to voice my unhappiness. Andy came close and whispered in my ear," You can sleep on the bed with me if you wish. I do not mind and in fact, I am willing to share it with you."

" I think I will stick to sleeping on the floor." I retreated a few steps as Andy was too close to me.

Andy just walked to his bed without saying anything. I sighed and I missed my bed in the maids' quarter. Though it was not as comfortable as my own bed at home, it sure beat sleeping on the cold, hard floor. I think I would not be able to sleep tonight......(T~T)